LifeRing Alcohol Recovery in Thailand

peter1965

• 2 weeks later...

This guy is an idiot.

First he says that someone can't be all A and there must be an S, then later around 23-24 min he talks about someone being 100% A!

He doesn't even know how to use a marker pen that isn't permanent!

So after 14 years how many meeting do they have worldwide?

I see there was one meeting in the Uk in 2001 but after 13 years there are none ! Some success.

Why all the comparison with AA?

I started an AA meeting once in Thailand and within a couple of years there were 25 new meetings in the area, which , btw were not and still aren't religious in the slightest.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 2

AA people get so defensive!

Not really, just tiring when people who really don't understand the program of AA bash and pontificate on it. There is so much to say, but the best advice I can give you Tominbkk is to stick to your program and not worry so much about how others are staying sober. If you don't you might be drinking before you know it and you might end up going down that "rabbit hole."

• Like 2

AA people get so defensive!

Not really, just tiring when people who really don't understand the program of AA bash and pontificate on it. There is so much to say, but the best advice I can give you Tominbkk is to stick to your program and not worry so much about how others are staying sober. If you don't you might be drinking before you know it and you might end up going down that "rabbit hole."

If he had been through what many of us had he also would be a little defensive if he discovered a method of staying sober for the rest of his life.wai.gif

• Like 1

For those of you who want to stop drinking but can't stomach all the AA cult/religious issues, there is now secular meetings available in Thailand. I wanted to add this to the list of the other links people have posted. Here is the link to their website. http://www.liferingasia.com/

So much askew here I suspect you're trying to elicit responses. I'll take a little bait anyway-

Cult;

a. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.
First, there is no leader in AA.
Second, It's not 'extreme' whatsoever. And honesty is key. 'False' will land you on your butt again.
And third, the solution is to live life on life's terms - NOT unconventionally.
In fact AA is stridently NOT religious. Religion is for people afraid of going to hell. Spirituality is for those that have been there. You do NOT have to believe in any damn thing at all inn AA. You can be atheist, agnostic, or pastafarian. If anyone tells you different in AA ...send 'em my way.
Edited by ding
  • Like 2

For those of you who want to stop drinking but can't stomach all the AA cult/religious issues, there is now secular meetings available in Thailand. I wanted to add this to the list of the other links people have posted. Here is the link to their website. http://www.liferingasia.com/

So much askew here I suspect you're trying to elicit responses. I'll take a little bait anyway-

Cult;

a. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.
First, there is no leader in AA.
Second, It's not 'extreme' whatsoever. And honesty is key. 'False' will land you on your butt again.
And third, the solution is to live life on life's terms - NOT unconventionally.
In fact AA is stridently NOT religious. Religion is for people afraid of going to hell. Spirituality is for those that have been there. You do NOT have to believe in any damn thing at all inn AA. You can be atheist, agnostic, or pastafarian. If anyone tells you different in AA ...send 'em my way.

Just riposting your reply as many people have to be told the reality often.