Mega projects to be considered in early fiscal 2015

Lite Beer

Mega projects to be considered in early fiscal 2015
By Digital Content

14033378781722-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, June 21 -- The National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) plans to consider implementing mega-transportation projects in early 2015 fiscal year, starting this October 1, in order to boost the investment atmosphere in Thailand, said army chief and NCPO leader Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha.

Speaking during his pre-recorded weekly address and telecast late Friday, Gen Prayuth said details of mega-transportation projects, carried over from the previous defunct government, such as the planned extension of skytrain routes and construction of dual-rail tracks, have been furnished by the State Railway of Thailand and the Transport Ministry.

They will be considered by NCPO “soon," said Gen Prayuth.

On the general Thai economy since May 22 -- the day that NCPO seized power in the country -- up until now, Gen Prayuth said it has started improving and this could be seen from investments, which is on the rise.

He cited a report issued earlier by the Federation of Thai Industries saying that the Thai Industries Sentiment Index in May rose to 85.1, which was the first increase in seven months.

The tourism industry has also begun to recover as more foreign tourists have started visiting the kingdom, he said.

On the government budget for fiscal 2015 which is set aside at Bt2.575 trillion, carrying a deficit of Bt250 billion, Gen Prayuth said the deficit would be slightly more than in the current 2014 fiscal year.

He said the deficit budget is necessary as it has to be in line with current global economy and to also “stimulate local economy” which could help increase the people’s income and improving livelihood.

“Global economy has not improved yet and it might affect Thailand’s economy. For example, export, investment and [domestic] consumption,” said Gen Prayuth, adding that the NCPO would monitor the country’s economy closely and it might consider increasing state expenditure budget during the middle of the 2015 fiscal year, aimed at creating new jobs to further boost household income. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-06-21

Sadly, they are being seriously misinformed by people deluded by the notion that outside investment in Thailand will be improved just because they have extra train tracks... The shytrain extension will bring in no further investment, only improve the situation for Thais wanting to get to the areas that will be penetrated, and duelling will also only slightly improve the train system domestically.

The transport secretary only wants this for all the graft it can produce....

I can see a couple of trillion bill for these.... If I know Thailand.

Because it seems to me that every project that they undertake here almost always costs several times more than it does in the west.

Why is that I wonder?????

• Like 2

They won't have Thaksin to kick around in a year or two when the decisions made today turn sour and get second guessed. But there will be no Thaksin or Yingluck. The generals will be retired and there will be new generals to step in and marshall troops with M-16s on the streets of Thailand. The new army generals in a year or two will be seeking "happiness." Thais long for happiness and they long to be part of the world. Thais have a cultural trait of making others responsible for their happiness.

• Like 1

I think this will be good for the country. I disagree with Thumper. Graft yes, I agree but dual tracks will open up the country. They are setting up special economic zones in Issan which will help them in the future as countries move here. Foreign countries and businesses do like Thailand as there seems to be better quality when produced in Thailand as say, China or Cambodia or Vietnam.

I am investing here because the country got rid of that corrupt witch!

More trains in and around the Capital Bangkok will alleviate (hopefully) some traffic and make it more appealing for tourists who despite what numbers represnt in fiscall figures, Tourism affects more thais in a daily way of life than big corporations like Toyota or Honda or so forth. the people need tourists for their daily living needs.

Infrastructure in ANY country makes it more powerful economically. Look south towards Singapore and tell me I am wrong

Agreed of course duel tracks will benefit the country and economically, infrastructure is key.

Im rather surprised of your investing decision is based on I assume your talking about Yingluck who so far to date has been not found guilty of anything criminal at all, unless you know something we dont or is that just another group think opinion ? . Funny reason to invest or not depending on one politician and gov that changes every couple of years, the next are just as likely to be corrupt its endemic here, usually its a little bit less personal and a lot more economics based such as quality and price, logistics etc . I dont agree Thailand is so much better than China or Vietnam either regarding quality, there are bad and good examples everywhere of course, it just depends on the industry and many big businesses choose other countries for many reasons, not too many i know would choose based on a temporary person in government or a personality but each to their own.

Large business btw affects Thais nationwide far far more than tourism does in just some areas, added infrastructure nationwide is more key than catering for congestion in BKK for some tourists plus it has underground and skytrain already double tracking nationwide will as you pointed out open up the country further. Which of course is a good thing. It would also reduce the risk of injury and accident if travelling by train over the roads here too, no small improvement.

• Like 1

Bangkok has a very good rail system, to add to it will be good.

Agree with Englishoak, nationwide rail infrastructure would add to the country. Super fast Trains?

Didn't the General say this a few weeks ago? Maybe people forgot and he needs to remind them the good he is doing for the country?whistling.gif

I think this will be good for the country. I disagree with Thumper. Graft yes, I agree but dual tracks will open up the country. They are setting up special economic zones in Issan which will help them in the future as countries move here. Foreign countries and businesses do like Thailand as there seems to be better quality when produced in Thailand as say, China or Cambodia or Vietnam.

I am investing here because the country got rid of that corrupt witch!

More trains in and around the Capital Bangkok will alleviate (hopefully) some traffic and make it more appealing for tourists who despite what numbers represnt in fiscall figures, Tourism affects more thais in a daily way of life than big corporations like Toyota or Honda or so forth. the people need tourists for their daily living needs.

Infrastructure in ANY country makes it more powerful economically. Look south towards Singapore and tell me I am wrong

Agreed of course duel tracks will benefit the country and economically, infrastructure is key.

Im rather surprised of your investing decision is based on I assume your talking about Yingluck who so far to date has been not found guilty of anything criminal at all, unless you know something we dont or is that just another group think opinion ? . Funny reason to invest or not depending on one politician and gov that changes every couple of years, the next are just as likely to be corrupt its endemic here, usually its a little bit less personal and a lot more economics based such as quality and price, logistics etc . I dont agree Thailand is so much better than China or Vietnam either regarding quality, there are bad and good examples everywhere of course, it just depends on the industry and many big businesses choose other countries for many reasons, not too many i know would choose based on a temporary person in government or a personality but each to their own.

Large business btw affects Thais nationwide far far more than tourism does in just some areas, added infrastructure nationwide is more key than catering for congestion in BKK for some tourists plus it has underground and skytrain already double tracking nationwide will as you pointed out open up the country further. Which of course is a good thing. It would also reduce the risk of injury and accident if travelling by train over the roads here too, no small improvement.

The very fact that the army may step in again when things go too far should keep the worst excesses in check. One hopes that measures will be put in place. Prayuth has been talking about modern accounting on budgeted projects, which is a hugely revolutionary step for Thailand,

• Like 1

Will the prices come down 40% now the TS and PTP graft has been eradicated?

Or can everyone conveniently forget that propaganda now.

You will have to wait and see wont you.

But with the number of heads of departments and ministries we see being dumped and arrests being made there is a very good chance that it will.

The NACC is now able to work without harassment and we even see the DSI doing something positive now that the hand break of their previous two ass kissing heads has been removed.

Would imagine the budget of the NACC as well as the other checks and balances organisations will be reinstated to pre PT levels come the next budget, then they will have more resources to really go after corruption including the 25K + cases PT attempted to have whitewashed with their amnesty bill.

But with the number of heads of departments and ministries we see being dumped and arrests being made there is a very good chance that it will.

The NACC is now able to work without harassment and we even see the DSI doing something positive now that the hand break of their previous two ass kissing heads has been removed.

Would imagine the budget of the NACC as well as the other checks and balances organisations will be reinstated to pre PT levels come the next budget, then they will have more resources to really go after corruption including the 25K + cases PT attempted to have whitewashed with their amnesty bill.

Thats great then, we can see the 2.5 trillion come down by 40% and that passed to the NACC............ Just out of interest, what was their budget cut by under PTP? and are their accounts open for viewing?

I presume you have all this information, given you know that their budget was cut to a level which did not allow investigations to proceed.

• Like 1

Total unsubstantiated boll_ocks

Edited by Yme