I am an addict.

Costas2008

Its quite simple.. if your health is still good.. Chris lawrence made a good remark about a hba1c check and maybe a normal blood sugar test in the morning. Just go to one of the many clinics they will take your blood and send it for testing. Make sure you don't eat or drink before the test, best thing done early int he morning after waking up.

If those test indicate your still in the clear then its up to you if you want to keep staying fat and enjoy more food or change your food habits and maybe do some exercise. One thing is for sure it won't go away without some changes. Also it might not need to go away if you are ok with it and it does not damage your health.

robblok, thank you very much for your advice.

I have a full blood test, every 3 months, my wife being a nurse insists on that and also it's free for me being married to a civil servant.

I'm not fat anyway......1.82height........85kgs weight.

Probably have to loose about 5kgs and the main thing is more exercise.

Apparently your BMI is 25.7 = slightly overweight...

Your ideal body weight is 82.5 kg... Apparently

But that's what BMI calculators reckon... IMO it depends on your frame...

They say anything over a BMI of 25 is overweight...

My BMI is 22.7 and my gut doesn't show me being skinny at all, it's just a lack of exercise, which apart from dog walking is absolutely no existent...

I couldn't possibly be addicted to that stuff. Because I think it tastes vile, I'm sweet enough and don't like sugar.. I'm lactose intolerant also which makes me flatulent enough already without all that sugar & milk! [emoji40]

Bmi is outdated. I got a higher BMI as Costa and I can assure you my belly is not fat. Muscle weights more as fat.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Try to read & digest robert...

I wrote "IMO (In My Opinion) it depends on your frame"

I hate having to explain simple things... [emoji99]

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have never understood getting addicted to coffee. I do like the taste with milk and sugar, but that makes most things taste good and black coffee is like medicine to me. I drink coffee to wake up in the morning and that is about it and if I drink it every day, I get headaches for a few days when I stop. To each his own I guess.

Well I drank two pots full every day and got head aches every time I cut back. !5 years ago I just bit the bullet and stopped all together. By the way it was black coffee in the west.

About a year ago I found a Instant coffee "Nature gift" coffee with no sweetener or cholesterol. It has a ginseng extract in it. I now allow myself one cup a day. I take my time with it and enjoy it. No longer that insane drink it down so I can get another cup.

It is not exactly cheap or expensive. Depends on your point of view. 10 packages for 125 baht.wai.gif

• Like 1

I am not into anything that has something to do with coffe...but! I addicted with Ice Thai Tea in the bag...i just love it!

Considering to open café back in Indonesia with Ice Thai Tea in the menu... ?

Iced tea is quite possibly the worst concoction ever created.

Tea has to be hot, the reason it has to be hot is to release the scent, without the scent hitting the olfactory senses, it is practically tasteless.

Also, try hot tea in a thin rimmed glass, you'll never touch the cold stuff again.

Not without putting a large amount of sugar in it ;)

• Like 1

I am not into anything that has something to do with coffe...but! I addicted with Ice Thai Tea in the bag...i just love it!

Tea has to be hot, the reason it has to be hot is to release the scent, without the scent hitting the olfactory senses, it is practically tasteless.

Also, try hot tea in a thin rimmed glass, you'll never touch the cold stuff again.

Not without putting a large amount of sugar in it wink.png

also Ice tea and Coffee are the worst possible beverages for cooling down in a hot climate as they both contain caffeine which will raise your body temperature,

at least that's how it was explained to me.

• Like 1

Considering to open café back in Indonesia with Ice Thai Tea in the menu... [emoji1]

Not without putting a large amount of sugar in it ;)

You obviously make the tea with boiling water, and tea is not tea unless it's PG, but I'll settle for Tetley also [emoji6]

Once brewed to perfection you let it cool down at room temp & then stick it in the fridge.

When one wants a cool refreshing glass just add ice and a squeeze of lemon, luvley jubley

I remember the mint tea in Istanbul... Now that was pretty good stuff!

Edited by Porkster

Addiction is jail....and should not be underestimated.

I have been involved in the drug supression/treatment in Thailand and can tell you that ANY addiction is hell.

Some people can't stop smoking (dope)------others shoot up.

When deprived of access all hell breaks loose.

You might even find yourself in a deep depression when taken a leave to an environment where your ice coffee is not available and yet not knowing why you feel so depressed (suddenly)

Addiction is hell.

• Like 2

Addiction is jail....and should not be underestimated.

I have been involved in the drug supression/treatment in Thailand and can tell you that ANY addiction is hell.

Some people can't stop smoking (dope)------others shoot up.

When deprived of access all hell breaks loose.

You might even find yourself in a deep depression when taken a leave to an environment where your ice coffee is not available and yet not knowing why you feel so depressed (suddenly)

Addiction is hell.

Quite, I've seen coffee addicts go totally crazy when they couldn't get their morning fix.

Never understood why but a lot of recovering alcoholics get hooked on coffee, in fact coffee is a big part of many AA groups, while they shun all other psychoactive drugs, apart from nicotine.

Not without putting a large amount of sugar in it wink.png

As a half Brit and half-Yank who grew up in Florida, I drank hot steeped tea in the mornings, and iced tea in the afternoons.

Still do. Love them both.

• Like 1

That declaration could get you lynched where I come from...

• Like 1

That declaration could get you lynched where I come from...

And it would get me presented with bouquets of flowers where I come from ;)

Different worlds eh.....

I must be a very lucky guy. Everybody I know and read about just cannot do without coffee. I just hate the stuff. Just like alcohol I hate the smell. So I never ever started drinking coffee or alcohol

Like I said. I must be a very lucky guy.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Good for you, I quit smoking about 15 years ago and I am still drinking alcohol and considering to quit that too. It's not to much of a big deal to me and the coffee part and lets bring in the Tee is not really a concern to me.

Good for you for quitting smoking, there is nothing wrong with drinking alcohol in moderation. I do like a cup of tea, I drink about two per day.

I would like, to Thank, each one, of the good members, for the support and advice you given me.

Already, I am down to one coffee a day, and looking forward to stop it completely.

Thank you very much.

Regards

Costas

Good to hear you have control.

On the other hand, did you know caffeine keeps your flag from drooping?

Just kidding.