US downgrade move 'wrong'

Lite Beer

I'm very surprise to not see US in the Tier 3 too, because this country use a lot of slavery manpower around the world for his own industries.....

for example, US textile industries use Bangladesh slave........ Some US company use Mexican salve in Tijuana city border......

US just use an excuse for prevent military to reform country

I think you should not mix everything up. It makes you look dumb.

Don't you agree slavery and forced labor is in unacceptable in any society?

And don't we all agree this has nothing to do with the military being in power now?

But those in power now, however that is, will have to solve this problem. Subsequent governments have to solve problems from the past. That's like that in every country and in every company.

• Like 1

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was also here on TV I remember some time back where people bragged with their "good connections" to executives and Burmese/Cambodian maids without papers with the intent to "shag them well" whenever they feel like.

Is that relative to this issue at hand too?

hmmm.. I read it carefully but could only hear "blah blah blah".. sorry but it is what it is. Americans being judge and jury yet again and Thailand having to pull it's neck out of the sand and see who it can blame

True, that USA should stop hiding the same problems in own back yard and stop pointing fingers at other countries. But...FYI, almost all Americans don't know anything about the history of slavery, as slavery in the world has existed for thousands of years with little to no relation to race. It's about social class. But Americans in their short sightedness ignorantly seem to think its about black people, just as you are implying.

I totally support the coup and what the general is doing.....but this downgrade is a totally different issue and it is deserved. At the same time this statement was announced the general was acknowledging the problem in detail and promised to take action

I used to support every move the US made, but not any more though!

I see America with politicians playing the pc game and later on passing laws that I deem immoral. The populace get brainwashed about what's right or wrong. The reasons?... Liberty and freedom!... which seem to me corrupt in culture, moral, and social ethics. They call it democracy! And the world over is loving it since it offers what a human being wants, but it's at the expense of of what a humans live for - content and hapiness and a happy family and community!

After making my last post, I saw a thread: "No Straight People Allowed".

This is one of the things that I refer to in my last post.

BTW, I dare not to click on that thread for I'm sidelined due to pc and told I'm abnormal!!

I totally support the coup and what the general is doing.....but this downgrade is a totally different issue and it is deserved. At the same time this statement was announced the general was acknowledging the problem in detail and promised to take action

Why did the general vote that he didn't like to stop slav workers and trafikking last week then. The only vote against stopping it out of all countries. The only reason he promised to take action now, is because he fear they will loose money after the downgrade.

What complete and utter claptrap Suriya, your are being disingenuous to the Buddhist faith my attempting to portray all Thai's as peace loving ones.

There was 8 months of protests and counter protest that broke just about every single virtue of Buddhism!!

happiness to each other? really? how can you breathe with your head so deep in the sand ? all you need to do is take a look at some of the posters here's comments and other social networks sites, and you'll soon figure out that reconciliation is a pipe dream. They can't let go of the past, one of the virtues of true Buddhism, is being able to let the past go.. keep taking the tablets for your delusions Thailand is far from a country where everyone lives in perfect harmony.!!

these people are the reason Thailand is in such a corrupt mess, they basically see no wrong in SLAVERY, prostitution, child abuse or money under the table.... the list goes on but all Thais ever do is Deny; like spoilt little children..but forget the evil deeds they do in the name of money ...Thais re-inventing buddism

If we take out the word Thailand

we are describing the United States

and which country in the world put slavery on the map

a culture that set American again American

he who lives in a glass house should not throw stones

Excuse me? You have a very limited and naive view of slavery if you think it was America's doing.

• Like 2

High time that Barack OSAMA and his cronies got their noses out of the matter and cleaned up their own mess!

What about all the Human Trafficking over the border from Mexico...thousands of KIDS!

Look at what Bumbling Barack is NOT doing about the ISIS Crisis.

Nero may have Fiddled while Rome Burned but OBAMA played Golf, while ISIS was slaughtering its way towards Baghdad.

Along with "Lurch" Kerry and "Chuckles, the Clown" Hagel, he needs to stop kicking the Junta in Thailand which is making great headway in resolving this country's problems.

• Like 1

these people are the reason Thailand is in such a corrupt mess, they basically see no wrong in SLAVERY, prostitution, child abuse or money under the table.... the list goes on but all Thais ever do is Deny; like spoilt little children..but forget the evil deeds they do in the name of money ...Thais re-inventing buddism

Don't drink and post... That is just babbling.

• Like 2

---

Don't drink and post... That is just babbling.

Edited by FM505

I find it humorous that anyone, anywhere gives a ratz arse about what the US likes or dislikes, given the US track record on human rights, privacy, interference with the rule of sovereign nations, honesty, etc..........

The US is a large consumer of Thai seafood products (was it 34% of exports?)

Perhaps you have never been a businessman, and simply don't realize its good business to pay attention to your customer.

Deny yes

but is it not the USA who are in denial here

They are complaining about the last 4 years of the Thailand government not doing any thing about this problem

yet they are against this bad government being removed

To me it is typical USA so called democracy where the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing

Before the go with verbal BS

How about they give the new ruling body a chance first

constructive criticism is what Thailand needs to help it

Not complaints about a government that is no longer in power

Between you and Djjamie, when will you ever just give it a rest? You are like a broken record. "PTP caused all the wrongs in the world" YAWN

My in laws live near the Cambodian border and its known as a people traifficking hot spot. For as long as I have travelled there its been the army that stop and search trucks for illegal immigrants and human trafficking. Its the same everywhere in Thailand.

The army is therefore every bit as culpable in all this as any of the past governments with plenty within it turning a blind eye. This might not fit into you them and us mindset, but im sorry not eveything that happens in this country is yellow or red.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You've got to be joking. I'm not quite sure why you are trying to put the sins of Thailand onto the USA. While the USA is far from perfect, they did not put slavery on the map, slavery was an import from Europe and was common practice world wide as horrid as it was and still is. As a matter of fact, the USA abolished slavery a half a century before Thailand. However, slavery is still an issue even though illegal on the books. Proper enforcement is needed world wide to stop this tragedy which the USA believes Thailand is not doing enough of.

• Like 1

High time that Barack OSAMA and his cronies got their noses out of the matter and cleaned up their own mess!

What about all the Human Trafficking over the border from Mexico...thousands of KIDS!

Nero may have Fiddled while Rome Burned but OBAMA played Golf, while ISIS was slaughtering its way towards Baghdad.

Along with "Lurch" Kerry and "Chuckles, the Clown" Hagel, he needs to stop kicking the Junta in Thailand which is making great headway in resolving this country's problems.

And another racist is heard from.

Deny yes

but is it not the USA who are in denial here

They are complaining about the last 4 years of the Thailand government not doing any thing about this problem

yet they are against this bad government being removed

To me it is typical USA so called democracy where the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing

Before the go with verbal BS

How about they give the new ruling body a chance first

constructive criticism is what Thailand needs to help it

Not complaints about a government that is no longer in power

you Bring up good points,

Thais sending "teams" of executives to the US is a waste and not to be believed. Thais should expense US inspectors for a show around of the Thai shrimp factories and plants to see for themselves if Thais are cleaning up. They are not.

It's not just the factoies that are the problem, the boats are and the owners of the boats.

Read a history book or two. Educate yourself even a little. Slavery was around long before the Americas were discovered by the western world. And after then (and until the early-mid 19th century) it was Britain and not the USA that was the world leader in slave trading.

I am neither American or British and no fan of slavery - but if you are going to talk from a soapbox at least know what brand of BS you are selling

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

A typical Thai denial. How many fishing boats have been raided. How many prawn factories have been raided. How many "Rose selling children" on the streets of Bangkok have been taken into custody. No, Thai officials cannot see it going on themselves, so will claim it does not exhist, either that or they are "up to their necks" into this slavery themselves so that they can drive around in their Mercedes or look after their Mia Noi, and play golf. Denial comes first unless they are caught out.

Well done to the USA.

Thailand is a Buddhist country. Thais are loving and return happiness to each other. Thailand no have salves since King Rama 5.

Not sure if you have all your facts straight.

Thailand was one of the last countries in the world to "formally" abolish slavery in 1912. Of course Thais do not like to talk about that.

Although formally abolished, it continued in the guise of Khon Chai. Most of the former slaves (Khmer, Karen people and other minorities) were retained, legally, by the former masters without payment for their services.

Khon Chai in vernacular Thai was understood as a servant who would do anything the owner asked. Anything.

As for the nowadays USA, the British and French were the importers of slaves from Africa. Arab traders were the suppliers of slaves to the French and British traders. The slaves provenance was the result of inter-tribal warfare and instead of executing the prisoners (as it was the MO de rigour, the Arabs began bartering with the victor chieftains. Trinkets, metal tools for slaves.

Spidermike007

And another racist is heard from.

Pathetic reply. Look at the poll from the WSJ/ NBC last week. Chuck Todd (NBC) is one of the original Obama girls and more left than Chriss Mathews (MSNBC) said Obama is finished.

Thailand is a Buddhist country. Thais are loving and return happiness to each other. Thailand no have salves since King Rama 5.

Thailand has plenty of slaves, just go down to na na and see the foreign sex workers who are trapped, the trapped Burmese construction workers and of course the fishing boats. I don't understand how you can blatantly deny such a thing when the evidence is right in front of you. Also, Thailand is not a Buddhist country, it is secular, which is why non-thai natives such as the indian and chinese immigrants found it very easy to assimilate (something Malaysia failed to do). There are also large muslim populations in the south.