Aussie Partner Processing Wait times

I will not be sharing a bank account with anyone, ever.

Is that really a requirement?

Not a requirement, but holds alot of weight and shows alot over a period of 12months, with the ins and outs.
Yeah, that wont happen either.

If we just get married does that get rid of the need to be defacto etc?

You need to be willing to make sacrifices, i save enough to pay all my debts monthly and live ontourist visas.

If you arent willing to do the hard yards, it wont last. Youll go crazy! Visas arent easy for australia, there is NO quick fix.

I am making sacrifices.

The whole point of getting her here is so we can make aussie money and retire to thailand sooner.

Im not going to live in thailand and sleep on the floor or live a backpacker life.

I wish you the best of luck.

I would sleep on the floor for the rest of my life, if thats all i ever had with my partner.

We dont lead a backpacker life, its called the thai life. Sonething you obviously arent interested in. Something you wouldnt survive in.

And why would i want to exactly?

Is anyone here going to actually help or just try to push their shitty poverty lifestyle on me?

I want her to live here with me.

Whats so hard to understand?

Have i not been clear in what i want to hear??

No, no one here wants to help you, do as david suggested and go start your own topic somewhere else
  • Like 1

catmaninoz ... you obviously have strong convictions.

None of which are relevant to this thread.

All of which are off-Topic. Your 'partner' doesn't qualify for a 'Partner Visa' ATM ... this is what this thread is about.

Please ... and I ask that nicely ... start your own thread.

Ask your specific questions there.

• Like 1

Not a requirement, but holds alot of weight and shows alot over a period of 12months, with the ins and outs.

You need to be willing to make sacrifices, i save enough to pay all my debts monthly and live ontourist visas.

If you arent willing to do the hard yards, it wont last. Youll go crazy! Visas arent easy for australia, there is NO quick fix.

I am making sacrifices.

The whole point of getting her here is so we can make aussie money and retire to thailand sooner.

Im not going to live in thailand and sleep on the floor or live a backpacker life.

I wish you the best of luck.

I would sleep on the floor for the rest of my life, if thats all i ever had with my partner.

We dont lead a backpacker life, its called the thai life. Sonething you obviously arent interested in. Something you wouldnt survive in.

And why would i want to exactly?

Is anyone here going to actually help or just try to push their shitty poverty lifestyle on me?

I want her to live here with me.

Whats so hard to understand?

Have i not been clear in what i want to hear??

Shitty poverty lifestyles? Thats where you are wrong. You know nothing about this country.

May i add, i triedto help, but you were rude.

We've all told you things you dont want to hear, so you've hit the roof.

I suggest you read the 'marriage and divorce' section of thaivisa.

Goodluck with your endeavours. Sincerely hope it works out and you find a quick and easy visa.

Why tell me things i dont want to hear?

Why waste each others time?

Im after advice on the processes of what i want to happen.

Not seeking alternative lifestyle choices or any mentoring on how to behave or think.

Thanks in advance to those who can see what i want to know.

Edited by catmaninoz

Facetious dickheads.

Of course i will be pissed off when you talk about shit i dont want to hear.

Thats the whole point of me posting!

To hear what i want to hear, not things you can tell me that do not help AT ALL.

His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy

There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti

He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready to drop bombs,

But he keeps on forgetting what he wrote down,

The whole crowd goes so loud

He opens his mouth, but the words won't come out

He's choking how, everybody's joking now

The clock's run out, time's up, over, bloah!

Snap back to reality, Oh there goes gravity

Oh, there goes Rabbit, he choked

He's so mad, but he won't give up that

Easy, no

He won't have it, he knows his whole back's to these ropes

It don't matter, he's dope

He knows that but he's broke

He's so stagnant, he knows

When he goes back to his mobile home, that's when it's

Back to the lab again, yo

This whole rhapsody

He better go capture this moment and hope it don't pass him

Baby mama drama's screaming on and

Too much for me to wanna

Stay in one spot, another day of monotony

Has gotten me to the point, I'm like a snail

I've got to formulate a plot or I end up in jail or shot

Lose Yourself

Not seeking alternative lifestyle choices or any mentoring on how to behave or think.

We have let you know she isnt elligible for a partner visa, unless you get married. Even then your wait is till around 8 months.

Prospective marriage visa, same wait. Must be married within 9 mnths of entry, then u apply fir partner visa anyway.

Tourist visa, google it & the proof she needs. It doesnt soynd like she has any proof.

Working holiday. Education visa (she needs 18, 000 aud in the bank to apply andcan work 18 hours a week only).

All options take time. None of them are easy. Easy doesnt exist in Australian immigration.

We have let you know she isnt elligible for a partner visa, unless you get married. Even then your wait is till around 8 months.

Prospective marriage visa, same wait. Must be married within 9 mnths of entry, then u apply fir partner visa anyway.

Tourist visa, google it & the proof she needs. It doesnt soynd like she has any proof.

Working holiday. Education visa (she needs 18, 000 aud in the bank to apply andcan work 18 hours a week only).

All options take time. None of them are easy. Easy doesnt exist in Australian immigration.

I can handle 8 months if it involves a weekend trip for the wedding.

This post was more helpful.

Thanks.

Why google it when all roads lead to this site?

What proof is needed and how do i get it?

Can she board with me and use my future income as proof ?

Why google it when all roads lead to this site?

What proof is needed and how do i get it?

Can she board with me and use my future income as proof ?

Mate ... this is about ... wait for it ... 'aussie-partner-processing-wait-times'

People who have applied already.

None of which you have done.

Everything you ask is Off-Topic.

As most people are asking ... start your own topic with your specific questions.

Honestly ... it will be the best solution for you.

Honestly ...

I will. I asked here as i was not aware that noobs could start new threads.

Mate ... despite all the above ... wish you well.

Your personal situation is different to what we are currently experiencing.

Write the OP, you have 30 mins to edit it.

As a newbie ... no-one usually is too hard with your first OP.

Good Luck ... thumbsup.gif

ps ... I might be a dinosaur to you ... but at least I'm a gregarious dinosaur ... laugh.png

Edited by David48

I am making sacrifices.

Probably better to not mention this on a visa application.

Gen Y or not, to the point or not, you're are a rude little and I don't know why anyone here is still helping you. More power to them. I'll have you know that every member here is frustrated, annoyed and anxious over their own battles for having to wait for their 'gift from God visa', and yet they take some time to do you a solid. WE ARE WHO YOU NEED TO TALK TO, this is the end of the line mate, we ARE the only people who can give you any advise other than maybe's and BS. Either calm down or p off! BRO!

I suggest you start by using your big Gen Y brain to realize that an apology is due to the people who tried to help you.

I have sponsored 3 wives to Oz, the last one straight to PR 100 in 4 months, I know (we know) what is going on.

Oz

Edited by ozsamurai

Rude for defending my honour?

Im just asking questions.

In the wrong thread.

You might be the all powerful knowledgeable men of the universe around these parts. It doesnt mean i have to sit and cop pseudo life advice from losers.

I just wanted help with the visas info.

I was not aware of a prospective marriage visa. Its all somebody had to say.

Really.

But carry on with your bitter words. Wave that white flag of two failed marriages proudly.

Edited by catmaninoz

I just penned this in another thread ... but it seems that the price to have the Visa processed in Australia has increased ...

We are getting slightly off topic, but let's establish some facts.

There is a group of us Aussies who have Partners currently applying for their Partner Visas.

If you apply outside Australia, you apply for a Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309)

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/309-100.aspx

The cost starts @ ' Price starts from AUD 3,085.00'

If you apply within Australia, you apply for a Partner visa (subclasses 820 and 801)

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/801-820.aspx

The cost starts @ ' Price starts from AUD 4,575.00'

The Immigration Department gives themselves 3 months longer to process in Australia.

12 months in Thailand as opposed to 15 months in Australia

You apply for the Provisional Visa and the Department will then decide if they issue a Provisional Visa or a Permanent Visa.

I've only read one story of someone being granted a Permanent Visa first up ... and I read a lot.

After 2 years of the Provisional Visa you can apply for the Permanent Visa.

At this stage there is no extra cost to go from the Provisional Visa to the Permanent Visa.

If you apply in Thailand, you pay in Thai Baht ... the exchange rate will determine what price they charge there.

It's often more then if you had just paid the ' Price starts from AUD 3,085.00'

You can pre-pay that fee in Australia, in Aussie dollars and save some decent coin.

I did that in January this year and saved, from memory, about Bt 8,000 on the currency FX.

If you do that, make sure that you attach the actual receipt to the Partner Application.

Even though you don't have to, there was almost a fight at the VFS when they declined to accept

my partners application because it wasn't attached.

Three phone calls to the Embassy from the VFS.

Lot's of loss of Face for the VFS when they backed down.

There is a place on the form to record the receipt number ... that's enough for the Aussie Gov't

but not for VFS ... so just smile and attach the receipt.

All of that, and more is in the Thread ... aussie-partner-processing-wait-times

Great post. Very helpful thanks.

I find the whole "you haven't been together long enough" argument a pile of shit though.

In the govt eyes i understand, but forum members providing that opinion is disrespectful in itself. I would not have even been thinking about visas if i wasnt in a true relationship. Im not a moron. Ive just never been married or dated anyone overseas before. So the fact that im here asking should be enough to negate that opinion.

Perhaps the cynicism was due to countless bar girl experiences from others before. Maybe. I dont know. Its not me projecting my experiences on others here. Ask them.

I have been reading further and see a clearer path now thanks to some very helpful posts in this thread.

I started posting here as i thought a partner visa was what i needed because that will be the one we need eventually. I did not realise the steps needed to be taken before it.

I will refrain from posting here any further. Unless im baited.

Good luck to those waiting.

We will apply for a tourist visa in June when I am in Bangkok.

Then pending her approval of Aus will apply for prospective marriage visa before she is due to return.

I find the whole "you haven't been together long enough" argument a pile of shit though.

In the govt eyes i understand, but forum members providing that opinion is disrespectful in itself. I would not have even been thinking about visas if i wasnt in a true relationship. Im not a moron. Ive just never been married or dated anyone overseas before. So the fact that im here asking should be enough to negate that opinion.

Perhaps the cynicism was due to countless bar girl experiences from others before. Maybe. I dont know. Its not me projecting my experiences on others here. Ask them.

I have been reading further and see a clearer path now thanks to some very helpful posts in this thread.

I started posting here as i thought a partner visa was what i needed because that will be the one we need eventually. I did not realise the steps needed to be taken before it.

Then pending her approval of Aus will apply for prospective marriage visa before she is due to return.

If you get the Tourist Visa ... and there is a good chance you won't ... often there is a 'No further stay' condition.

Thus, she can't apply for the 'prospective marriage visa'.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We know about this ... but this thread is not the place to discuss that.

Mate ... start your own topic ... this thread is about ... "Aussie Partner Processing Wait times"

Maybe time for a Moderator comment?

• Like 1

Just get married as soon as you can, the sooner the better. If you put 100,000 baht in her bank account, that will let you apply for a spouse visa straight away. Good luck with it

Edited by Gopro

If you get the Tourist Visa ... and there is a good chance you won't ... often there is a 'No further stay' condition.

Thus, she can't apply for the 'prospective marriage visa'.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We know about this ... but this thread is not the place to discuss that.

Mate ... start your own topic ... this thread is about ... "Aussie Partner Processing Wait times"

Maybe time for a Moderator comment?

Im glad i do not share your cynicism.

We will get the tourist visa and if she has to fly back home for a while to get prospective then so be it.

Gee gopro you must be getting close to approval.Heard of 2 this week, applied 16/03 and 24/03

I'm doing a luba woody - just tried to apply online for tourist sponsored family, in case ours don't come before xmas and something in the system says teerak can't apply there's an application in the system...

Fingers crossed. Will ask the million dollar question Monday I think, then go nuts like Luba afterwards..LOL

• Like 1