Retirement visa

If you give the correct name of the VISA you like to ask about, that would help a lot.... Retirement-VISA doesn´t exist..... Are you in fact talking about extension of stay based on retirement, or are you talking about a Non Immigrant O-A or something like that??

Glegolo

If you want to apply for a OA visa you could do it at the Thai consulate in Chicago .http://www.thaiconsulatechicago.org/pages-address-and-office-hours.html

Requirements are here on embassy website: http://www.thaiembdc.us/dcdp/Non_Immigrant_Long_Stay

A OA visa will give you a one year entry each time you enter the country for a year from the date of its issue. If you you don an entry just before it expires you can get almost 2 years of stay from it without needing a visa.

You can also apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration here. You would need to have 65K baht income proven by way of an income affidavit from the embassy or 800K baht in a Thai bank for 60 days or a combination of the two totaling 800k baht.

In order to app[y for the extension you would need to get a single entry non-o visa from one of the honorary consulates listed here: http://www.thaiembdc.us/dcdp/Thai_Consulate_Directory2

If you cannot get the non-o visa you should get a single entry tourist visa that you could change to a 90 day non immigration visa entry at immigration here. You would need to meet the same financial requirements as the extension except that the money does not need to be in the bank for 60 days. Then you could apply for the extension after about 60 days.

• Like 1

Global moderators you are a good info sorce, thank you for the help.

Next Question is, I only have 1200 depoist per month that show up in my account per month,

looks like i need 65,000 bht or a little over 2000 for 3 month for long term OA VISA and only 700 dollars

for short term Visa OA, I could do the short term to start and change to long term next year, by making the

depoists in my account my self to bring it up to the required amoumt.,

what do you think ?

There is no such visa - the O-A is valid for a one year stay and that is the only version. And yes that requires slightly more than $2,000 monthly income proof if using that method. Believe you are asking about a non immigrant O single entry visa which has a normal non immigrant visa requirement of 20k baht cash in hand but is not normally asked but could be by Consulate or on entry. This would not be provided by an Official Consulate for retirement AFAIK as they offer the O-A directly. But this can be done inside Thailand in any case if you can show funds/income requirements. The non immigrant O-A financial requirement per referenced web site:

A copy of bank statement or evidence of adequate finance showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totaling not less than 800,000 Baht

Global moderators you are a good info sorce, thank you for the help.

Next Question is, I only have 1200 depoist per month that show up in my account per month,

looks like i need 65,000 bht or a little over 2000 for 3 month for long term OA VISA and only 700 dollars

for short term Visa OA, I could do the short term to start and change to long term next year, by making the

depoists in my account my self to bring it up to the required amoumt.,

what do you think ?

I think you are confusing income and money in the bank. Income would be proven by a letter from the source of the income not by deposits in the bank.The money in the bank is the total amount in the account.

You can combine your income with money in the bank/IRA to get the OA visa. At current exchange rates your annual income would be about 450,000 baht meaning you would only need the equivalent of 350,000 baht in the bank.

I think the short term visa you are writing about is the non immigrant O visa that would only give you a 90 day entry. You could probably get a multiple entry non immigrant O visa in person from one of the honorary consulates. The Chicago consulate or the embassy will not issue a non O visa because they will only do the OA visa.

You have income that you can honestly state on an income affidavit that you have an income of about $2050 at the US embassy here you could get an extension of stay at immigration. You might need to show immigration some proof of your income.

You could also apply for the OA visa using a combination the 1200 baht income and proof of your funds in the IRA.