Possible to get an 7 days extension on a 2.24 extension?

I left my teaching job on 30 April 2014. I cancelled my work permit and extension of stay based on employment and applied for and was granted a 60 days extension based on visiting the spouse (reason of necessity 2.24). This as a transition to a new teaching job. At the end of May I applied for a work permit. WP.1 applications never took more than 10 working days and WP.5 applications no more than 3 working days. I've been working in this province for more than 12 years.

My work permit is still not ready and my extension of stay expires on 28 June 2014. The Labour Office blames the governor's office that has to sign initial work permits. Maybe it's related to the change in government and the subsequent dismissal of governors in several provinces.

Is it possible for me to buy an 7 days extension of stay for 1,900 THB in case things won't work out in regards to the work permit this week or do I have to leave the country?

Thanks in advance.

You can apply for the 7 day extension pay the fee and be given 7 days to leave (or get a real extension).

This morning at 09:00 h I got the call from the Labour Office that my work permit was ready. This afternoon I applied for the extension of temporary stay based on employment and was granted the extension. Good until academic year 2015.

Thanks again.