thai drivers license

keithet

My neighbor said he used his rent recites and lease to get his driver license.

He never got a letter from embassy or immigration.

Is this true? It seams more valid then a letter from embassy.

Has any one tried this? I will be going to the office by my home near BangChak bts station.

A letter from the embassy is required if you don't want to take the tests and have a valid license from home the embassy will attest is real.

The letter from your immigration office is for proof of residency, and you must take the tests.

Interesting.

But the letter for the affidavit from the US embassy only asks information about my address. I did not see anything on it about confirming my driver's licence, only address.

Edited by keithet

Interesting.

But the letter for the affidavit from the US embassy only asks information about my address. I did not see anything on it about confirming my driver's licence, only address.

Didn't do it that way myself, so I've never seen the letter.

Perhaps you should tell people what nationality you are ….

Interesting.

Didn't do it that way myself, so I've never seen the letter.

Perhaps you should tell people what nationality you are .

I thought when I said US embassy would of been a clue.

Letter from embassy can serve as proof of address, same as letter from immigration, tambien baan and workpermit. No connection between that and (not) doing tests.

OK so I don't have tambian or work permit...

So back to my question can I use my lease and rent recites for proof of address like my neighbor said he did?

Or is it that if I use the US embassy I don't have to take the questionier test.

Letter from embassy can serve as proof of address, same as letter from immigration, tambien baan and workpermit. No connection between that and (not) doing tests.

Not the one it is now apparent he is talking about. But there is an affidavit from the US embassy that does serve to have testing waived by verifying a license is valid.

OK so I don't have tambian or work permit...

So back to my question can I use my lease and rent recites for proof of address like my neighbor said he did?

Or is it that if I use the US embassy I don't have to take the questionier test.

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the DL office, the person there helping you, his/her mood, your behaviour, etc. Officially not, but who knows.

• Like 1

Not the one it is now apparent he is talking about. But there is an affidavit from the US embassy that does serve to have testing waived by verifying a license is valid.

Can you share the form #?

The only thing I can find about driving license on the embassy web site is proof of address. Nothing about varafiing a license is valid... Nor was there a form when I went in person last week for affidavit for marriage.

I don't mind taking the test. But I just can't find this service from the embassy.

My original question is to see if anyone else knows what my neighbor said could be true.

I heard from some one and just want to know about if it can be done.

No disrespect but you said the letter from embassy is not what you did.

But thanks for your info if you can provide a form #

Edited by keithet

My 5 year Thai DL expires in 10 months. how early can I renew it and is my Work Permit evidence of residency.

I never go near Imigration on Samui if it can be helped.

What do I need, Ole unexpired Thai DL, copy of passport, copy of work permit. anything else.

Any advice apperciated.

Thanks