Wife got scoldings from immigration

This has nothing to do with ninety-day reporting. There's yet another dusty law on the books that states a homeowner must report an alien [sic] staying in their dwelling within 24 hours of said alien's arrival at dwelling.

Ovenman is correct, technically we must report report our new address with in 24 hours. Hotels are supposed to report our whereabouts to Immigration as well, but how many actually comply?

I'd say most of us don't report a change of apartment/house with in 24 hours and the Immigration officer was a bit over zealous. Perhaps she was showing her authority :)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My drivers licenses do not have an address on the front or the back. What gives?

My licenses are 1 year licenses. Does a 5 year license have the address on the license??????

When reading all this stuff here I have put the purchase of a new motorbike on hold.

It is time to start looking elsewhere as I do not get any joy of being hassled by the police or immigration.

On the back of both my 1 and 5 year licenses there is a single line, in Thai

it is the address that I registered when I applied for the license.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

My drivers licenses do not have an address on the front or the back. What gives?

My licenses are 1 year licenses. Does a 5 year license have the address on the license??????

When reading all this stuff here I have put the purchase of a new motorbike on hold.

It is time to start looking elsewhere as I do not get any joy of being hassled by the police or immigration.

Thank you laislica, Yes now I see it on my licenses as well. Sorry one more question, does it mean we have to get new licenses when we move to another address? I shudder to think what could come next. Please tell me if you know.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thank you laislica, Yes now I see it on my licenses as well. Sorry one more question, does it mean we have to get new licenses when we move to another address? I shudder to think what could come next. Please tell me if you know.

Oops, we are guilty of being a tad off topic.....

However, as far as I know, it is not like, say the UK where if you move you must update your license.

Oops, we are guilty of being a tad off topic.....

However, as far as I know, it is not like, say the UK where if you move you must update your license.

Thank you again. As for of being off topic, sorry about that I do not know where to go and ask.

They are saying she should be filing a TM30 when you get home. The max fine for a home owner not reporting is 2000 baht.

The 10,000 baht fine is the maximum for a hotel not reporting.

The reporting is covered under section 38 and the fine under section 77 of the immigration act. Section 38 is normally only enforced for hotels and etc.

attachicon.gifImmigration_Act_EN.pdf

Thanks kindly for that Ubon Joe,

Where do we get a TM30 to fill out and file also where and how do we process that?

Thanks in advance.

They are saying she should be filing a TM30 when you get home. The max fine for a home owner not reporting is 2000 baht.

The reporting is covered under section 38 and the fine under section 77 of the immigration act. Section 38 is normally only enforced for hotels and etc.

Where do we get a TM30 to fill out and file also where and how do we process that?

Thanks in advance.

The majority of immigration offices will not ask for it, Download: http://immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm30.pdf

You submit it to your local immigration office.

• Like 1

Just to show you absurd it is:

The receipt I show them for not getting fined again, is an old receipt of 7 years ago.

In those 7 years I have left and entered the country many times. They just don't care.

They just want to know you've already paid the fine and then they'll leave you alone.

Also, they don't keep any record.

The paper that your partner fills in goes straight to the bin.

Next time you go to immigration, it's your responsibility to show any receipt to not get fined, because they don't keep their part of the paper.

Thanks in advance.

The majority of immigration offices will not ask for it, Download: http://immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm30.pdf

You submit it to your local immigration office.

If you submit it after 24 hours, your wife gets a 1000B fine. So, if you have not done it, just leave it and do it the next time you arrive in Thailand.

95% of the immigration offices doesn't care. Only at some places they have found a new source of income from this absurd rule.

Edited by kriswillems

From my own experience. I am married and on a marriage extension, and have a yellow book. I am known to immigration staff. I have to report to immigration each time I fly in from overseas (multiple re-entry permit). They give me the new 90 day report date on a printed sheet and staple in the passport. It is a complete inconvenience and it drives me nuts, but no other choice but to smile sweetly and go through the pointless idiotic process!

That is bizarre. Isn't there a stamp in your passport when you re-enter the country? I thought that was what they used. I remember a lady official at Bangkok Immigration when it was still on Suan Phlu explaining to a farang that when he leaves the country before his 90 day report is due, he doesn't have to report when he comes back. He just starts counting from the date he returns. I haven't left the country for years, so I don't really know the current requirement.

From my own experience. I am married and on a marriage extension, and have a yellow book. I am known to immigration staff. I have to report to immigration each time I fly in from overseas (multiple re-entry permit). They give me the new 90 day report date on a printed sheet and staple in the passport. It is a complete inconvenience and it drives me nuts, but no other choice but to smile sweetly and go through the pointless idiotic process!

That is bizarre. Isn't there a stamp in your passport when you re-enter the country? I thought that was what they used. I remember a lady official at Bangkok Immigration when it was still on Suan Phlu explaining to a farang that when he leaves the country before his 90 day report is due, he doesn't have to report when he comes back. He just starts counting from the date he returns. I haven't left the country for years, so I don't really know the current requirement.

That is what I have been told before by Pattaya immigration. When on a retirement visa:

If you leave before your 90 day reporting, the new 90 days start when you enter again.

If you don't leave within the next 90 days, than you report 90 days after you have entered.

This because you fill out your address on the entry form.

Perhaps ubonjoe can reaffirm what the rules really are. Perhaps those in BKK can get away with it due to sheer numbers ?

Edit: see post 70. Seems only immigration offices out in the sticks are the ones enforcing.

Edited by iancnx

As said before the reports for home owners are seldom asked for. There are very few offices that will want it.

It is enforced for hotels and etc.and they can do the reports by email after getting registered to do it.