Long-time Swedish Phuket police volunteer dies aged 66

webfact

Long-time Swedish Phuket police volunteer dies

1403747360_1-org.jpgLars-Goran Dikander. Photo: Facebook

PHUKET: -- Long-time Phuket expat and police volunteer Lars-Goran Dikander has died, aged 66.

Lars – also known as Colin – helped Phuket police out with many cases, including when Norwegian Stein Dokset was charged with murder.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/long-time-swedish-phuket-police-volunteer-dies-47054.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-06-26

• Like 1

Post removed. Forum rule 26) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum. Please note that this is a decision by the Bangkok Post, not by Thaivisa.com and any complaints or other issues concerning this rule should be directed to them. Quotes from and links to Phuketwan are also not allowed and will also be removed. In special cases forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources.

Sh*t that's my age.anyone know what he died of ?

Old age ? Its not that young ! (sorry)

No it's not that young but nobody dies of old age at 66 these days. Both my grandmothers died at 106 and 102 respectively and my father died when he was 86 after having survived 3 heart attacks,he was still sailing boats at 85 so i think 66 is a bit young for that,the guy looks to be in good shape from his picture.

Seems like he was a decent bloke and pretty well respected. Very sad for his family and friends, but also for the community in Phuket.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Actually Snotty, the more I read about the man the more I realise what an asset he was to his local community.

Apparently he was involved in the arrest of some nasty vile foreigner who murdered and cut up his own wife and stored her body parts in the couples family home. No doubt Colin's language skills helped the local Police with such investigations. Sometimes, it's easy for work such as this to go un-noticed by the greater community. No doubt there were many other occassions since he worked in the area for over 10 years.

People like Colin help to keep the streets safe and keep vile individuals from our doorsteps(& perhaps even our computer screens) and in prison where they deserve to be.

The word 'Hero' springs to mind.

• Like 1

His Thai language skills were apparently impeccable and no doubt assisted no end of people (tourists and expats) by using his skills to help others. I'm not sure how any decent person could be critical of that. Anybody that puts this sort of person down should take a close look at himself.

Saw him around, but, never met him.

This statement was from Simon43 who knew him.

"His knowledge of both English and Thai languages was appalling...his dedication to helping others was without limits."

Met him once at Chalong policestation while I was assisting 2 girls who had been robbed of their handbag while driving a motorbike (I chased the culprits, got them to throw away the bag so the girls lost their money but got passport and DL's back, also noted the number and type of bike and reported to police, who did apprehend the boyfriend of the owner of the bike), and did not like him very much. May have been because I was a bit tensed at that point.

Agree with Simon, both his English and Thai were not very good. He did not try to push himself onto us though.

Unbelievable.........everyone needs to stop it.

A guy who played an integral role in helping, gave his own time unselfishly, has passed away.

I send condolences to his wife, family and friends, and for the rest of you lot that want to make unnecessary comments go to a different thread.

RIP Lars

• Like 2

Unbelievable.........everyone needs to stop it.

A guy who played an integral role in helping, gave his own time unselfishly, has passed away.

I send condolences to his wife, family and friends, and for the rest of you lot that want to make unnecessary comments go to a different thread.

RIP Lars

Plenty of plastic gangsters in Thailand. I know some real hardcore villains and what some people may think of them as criminals and even they know there is a need for police to restore some sort of peace and organisation in each country.

For those who speak bad about this man. Who do you go to when your house gets broken into. Who do you go to when you get beaten in an un fare fight. Who do you go to when your kids go missing. yet people shall say i went and they did nothing.

Partly reason being is that with this country being under resources and foreigners not knowing their rights and foreigners that come to places for the only purpose of to commit organised crime is the reason why we need people like this foreigner police helper to bridge the gap between west to east.

Let people know what they have been charged with. Believe me knowing something like that for some people can be hard enough out here.

helping the police understand why the foreigner is angry or help them understand why the foreigner is acting in such a way.

the calm the foreigner down if making a report.

list goes on.

yes i like my crime films and i do like the old school villains and the way they behaved with having rules to go my such as not burgling houses in your area. staying away from drugs.

now days new types of mafia and there are no laws. human trafficking. being being grassed up due to being out their nuts of drugs.

There is no doubt there is a need for the police sometimes they can be more helpful than other times but they are needed.

RIP

• Like 1