Visa rules will change we have to show cash at boarder!

Before we can enter the kingdom!

Just read tourist coming from Penang on visa on areived cannot show cash was rejected to enter Thailand !

Immigration police in process to teach stuff!

Tourist must show 20000 k cash on tourist visas

A normal visa on arrival 10k

And a teacher 40 k

Bank books not accepted yet!

Edited by Sandman77
  • Like 1

That same day that they were stopped many other minibuses, I would guess a 100 or so, passed without problems. There was something fishy there.

Were these Phuket to Sadao mini-vans? There was recently a report of people being 'encouraged' by their van drivers to place 500 baht in the passport, they breezed through...

As far as carrying cash, it has always been a requirement - just not enforced unless it suited them. I had to produce 20k on a multi-entry non-o entry in May; 10k was not enough - even though the board behind her stated that is the requirement.

Isn't there some ongoing tussle regarding van service between Hat Yai and Penang and vice-versa? Perhaps that business conflict is coming into play somehow in terms of the attitude of immigrations at the border??

This has always been required - but is most often not asked of first world travelers -

1. Visa exempt entry show of 10k single of 20k family per below:

Visitors over 12 years of age are required to hold
sufficient funds to cover their stay (at least THB 10,000.-
per person or THB 20,000.- per family). Proof of funds
includes Letters of Credit, vouchers, MCO's or well-known
credit cards, which are honoured in Thailand. Exempt are:
holders of a re-entry visa.

2. For visa entry the requirement is 20k single and 40k family. This is often also asked to be shown when getting the visa.

This has always been required - but is most often not asked of first world travelers -

1. Visa exempt entry show of 10k single of 20k family per below:

Visitors over 12 years of age are required to hold

sufficient funds to cover their stay (at least THB 10,000.-

per person or THB 20,000.- per family). Proof of funds

includes Letters of Credit, vouchers, MCO's or well-known

credit cards, which are honoured in Thailand. Exempt are:

holders of a re-entry visa.

2. For visa entry the requirement is 20k single and 40k family. This is often also asked to be shown when getting the visa.

In my experience, GBP traveler cheques are accepted as well. I had to show these after being told 1,000 MYR cash was insufficient (non-o multi, May 2014)...

And it's border - not boarder!

Be aware of Cambodian gangs before you enter Thailand , talk with a tourist on ko samed was stolen 100€

Professional thief , take your pocket and quickly give to another thief waiting in the line, this was happen in early morning hours!

Thai Currency

The amount of 50,000 baht or more in Thai currency must be reported on departure, except those traveling to Lao PDR., Myanmar, Cambodia, Malaysia, and Vietnam are allowed to take out Thai currency not exceeding 500,000 baht.

The travelers bringing foreign currency more than USD 20,000 or its equivalent into or out of Thailand are required to make a report to Customs.

Source: http://www.customs.go.th/wps/wcm/connect/custen/travellers/departing+from+thailand/departingfromthailand

I wonder how much worse this is going to get by August 12th when all this aggravation was SUPPOSED to start.

Maybe they'll start hooking foreigners up to polygraphs to see if they're working illegally - have Jeremy Kyle on hand to read the results.

Plus the fact that every Border-Immi-spot, every Thai-Embassy, and any Inland-Immigration Office will go by it's own interpretations of the rules. As usual !

At this point, I wouldn't blame Ubon Joe, if he decides to throw in the towel !

Cheers.

• Like 1

The only I know for sure is that August 12th is mothers day here and a national holiday.

I am not even convinced that there will even be any changes then. The immigration commissioner is not even the same person that it was when all this started.

• Like 2

There has been so much turmoil in Thailand over the last year if faranges thought they would some how escape it and go on about their merry lives, I guess the visa crack down threw a monkey wrench in that line of thought

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder how much worse this is going to get by August 12th when all this aggravation was SUPPOSED to start.

Maybe they'll start hooking foreigners up to polygraphs to see if they're working illegally - have Jeremy Kyle on hand to read the results.

I know this. After August 12th no foreigners will be permitted to enter or exit the Kingdom via any land border or airport.

• Like 1

Any problems fying in from the Netherlands on a 2 entry torist visa;

No, tourists are not affected. People living in Thailand on tourist visas are.

So tourists are affected. Thanks for clearing that up. But let me guess, tourists that can afford a year long holiday don't exist?

• Like 1

I know this. After August 12th no foreigners will be permitted to enter or exit the Kingdom via any land border or airport.

That is not true. There will be plenty of people that will still be doing it. Your post reads like they are shutting down all entries to the country.

That is not true. There will be plenty of people that will still be doing it. Your post reads like they are shutting down all entries to the country.

It's supposed to. Do they not have sarcasm in Ubon, joe.;)

Oh...and I forgot sea ports.