Motorbike Riders - a growing plague in need of a crackdown

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, let's clean the streets of this menace and get them all driving cars instead. doh.

There's always someone who suggests the ridiculous. The (sensible) suggestion was to get them obeying road rules and using common sense.

Yep, let's clean the streets of this menace and get them all driving cars instead. doh.

There's always someone who suggests the ridiculous. The (sensible) suggestion was to get them obeying road rules and using common sense.

Sorry, which suggestion is more ridiculous?

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Both are equally (un)likely.

• Like 2

I just typed a long waffle but in the end I realized we are where we are and it is what it is. When sailing and the wind picks up one cannot change the boat one can only change the sails.

Adapt and be happy.

so in other words, just run em down? got it thank :)

• Like 1

I just typed a long waffle but in the end I realized we are where we are and it is what it is. When sailing and the wind picks up one cannot change the boat one can only change the sails.

Adapt and be happy.

so in other words, just run em down? got it thank smile.png

LOL.

I was going to suggest walking, but that's just as dangerous. Next was a helicopter, but that's probably over doing it. Best suggestion probably is, if you can't beat them, join them :P

Adapt and be happy.

Yes, please go ahead and do that; you will definitely be spending many years in prison if they die (you will be charged with murder) and if they don't die be prepared to pay all medical bills and support the family for the rest of your life in Thailand.

You are not a rich Thai; don't EVER expect to be treated like one.

Get used to the fact that they will drive as dangerously as they like, and if they hit you; YOU will have a problem, not them (other than their injuries, which you will likely pay for).

Of course there are exceptions; but this is what will happen 99% of the time.

If you drive in Thailand; don't get into an accident. If you do; settle it QUICK and get the you know what out of there; regardless of who is at fault.

• Like 1

Adapt and be happy.

Yes, please go ahead and do that; you will definitely be spending many years in prison if they die (you will be charged with murder) and if they don't die be prepared to pay all medical bills and support the family for the rest of your life in Thailand.

You are not a rich Thai; don't EVER expect to be treated like one.

Get used to the fact that they will drive as dangerously as they like, and if they hit you; YOU will have a problem, not them (other than their injuries, which you will likely pay for).

Of course there are exceptions; but this is what will happen 99% of the time.

If you drive in Thailand; don't get into an accident. If you do; settle it QUICK and get the you know what out of there; regardless of who is at fault.

Hey...

Get your own rant!

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

OP, the problem is a paid police force that doesn't go out and work. They do not do their job, everyone knows this and so ALL riders/drivers do what they want. Nothing will change until those in control issue daily tasks for their staff and check on that task instead of wallowing in their hi-so position. Since the army took control of things many police departments have been "woken up", I pray it continues into all aspects of policing..........thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

I'm with you 100%. My pet hate is those that appear out of nowhere and fly pass you on the inside.

If they appear out of nowhere, use your mirrors a bit better.

My mirrors don't do "nowhere".

I'm with you 100%. My pet hate is those that appear out of nowhere and fly pass you on the inside.

Than get a person who can rub 2 brain cella together to adjust them and teach you how to use them. If a driver is oblivious to the road situations encountered than perhaps they shouldn't be on the road.

• Like 2

In Vietnam, in the big cities, there's arguably many more scooters than Thailand's metropolises. When driving around Saigon or Hanoi, cars and trucks look like driftwood in a tsunami of scooters. However, the Vietnamese 2-wheelers tend to drive at the same speed as cars and trucks, maybe slightly faster on longer stretches. But you hardly ever see the bat-out-of-hell, speeders that cut inside and outside and then swarm in front of cars at the next red light. Maybe it is because there are simply too many scooters out there? In smaller towns and country roads with more open space, there are regular accidents, typically at junctions and blind bends where there's a battered bike and a what looks like a pile of rags in the gutter and something that looks like a freshly dropped watermelon in the middle of the road. Maybe Thailand's cities need MORE scooters to slow the buggers down? Sure as heck isn't going to be any radical reformation of law enforcement here; at least not in my grandson's lifetime (if I even had a grandson... but you get my drift).

Edited by NanLaew

Than get a person who can rub 2 brain cella together to adjust them and teach you how to use them. If a driver is oblivious to the road situations encountered than perhaps they shouldn't be on the road.

Before you start calling people brain dead and suggesting that they don't know how to use side mirrors (this is after driving for 50 years), try using some grey matter yourself. When a motorbike is weaving in and out of traffic at a high rate of speed and then suddenly swerves to overtake on the inside there are milliseconds to react and very little you can do anyway other than see them speed past, so I'm not sure what action I'm supposed to take. Go and give the Thai motorcycle rider some lessons in road rules instead of putting sh*t on a responsible driver.

• Like 1

i hate them like flies.

irresponsible road users.

most do not think for other motorists as well

almost knocked into many as they suddenly appeared outta nowhere and into my blind spot!

those that flout the rules should be stopped and removed off the road by the police

nobody is saying that, what I am saying is get them driving responsibly - legally - safely. doh.

BKKjames.

First get rid of trucks.. they are too big and block the roads.

By cracking down on bike riders you get more cars as a result. I would say ease the rules for bike riders and crack down on trucks. Why own trucks they are to big for normal traffic. Bikes use less fuel are more economical take up less space.

That you get scratched is your own problem by not staying aligned with other traffic. Really I drive a bike and a car and even in the car I don't have a problem with bikes because I know what to expect.

But the reason i drive a bike more often and don't add to the traffic problems by taking my car is because you can splice lanes. Many people think like this and if you crack down on bikes (happens enough already) you will get more people in cars and more traffic problems.

nobody is saying that, what I am saying is get them driving responsibly - legally - safely. doh.

BKKjames.

By cracking down on bike riders you get more cars as a result. I would say ease the rules for bike riders and crack down on trucks. Why own trucks they are to big for normal traffic. Bikes use less fuel are more economical take up less space.

That you get scratched is your own problem by not staying aligned with other traffic. Really I drive a bike and a car and even in the car I don't have a problem with bikes because I know what to expect.

But the reason i drive a bike more often and don't add to the traffic problems by taking my car is because you can splice lanes. Many people think like this and if you crack down on bikes (happens enough already) you will get more people in cars and more traffic problems.

Do you call asking bike riders to obey the road rules and behave responsibly a "crackdown"? Blaming the vehicle for getting scratched when he's probably stationary, never heard of anything so ridiculous in my life.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

BKKjames.

I am not saying get rid of the bikes Rob, I am saying get rid of the idiots who flog the law and everything else resembling safe driving.

BKKjames.

Do you call asking bike riders to obey the road rules and behave responsibly a "crackdown"?

Yes its a crackdown, those stupid rules about bikes staying left should be abolished.

Its better to get rid of old people driving cars that cant use their mirrors. In my car I have never had a bike come out of nowhere and I look before i change lanes and such.

Anyway, I perfectly agree that there are plenty of idiot bike riders that do stupid things but the majority does not. There are plenty of crack down on bikes banning us from certain flyovers or driving on the right side of roads. Its is annoying to say the least certainly if you drive bike that can out break and accelerate 95% of the cars.

The cracking down on bikes can only get more cars on the roads.. like we need that. Anyway I have driven morning traffic a lot and see bikes going past the cars.. almost never a problem only when some cars get out of alignment problems can arise. But why the hell people drive big pickups in a city is crazy.. they take up too much space normal cars is one thing but pickups.. they should crack down on those.

• Like 1

BKKjames.

I am not saying get rid of the bikes Rob, I am saying get rid of the idiots who flog the law and everything else resembling safe driving.

Thing is James.. according to the law i must stay on the left with my bike and risk getting killed by buses taxis and minivans cutting me off to drop off passengers. So i break the law every time to stay safe. That being said there are plenty of idiot bike drivers that should not drive the way they drive. Zig zagging without looking ahead but they are not a majority in fact they are a minority not a good reason to crack down even more on bikes.

The whole reason to drive a bike is to get ahead in traffic not add to traffic woes. Every person that changes his bike for a car will make it so much more difficult the other way around would be much better for everyone concerned.