Only 16 lawyers have applied to practise Sharia law in Brunei

webfact

I had 4 years in saudi and you SHOULD be scared. It's a seriously bad system, designed to keep women subjugated to men and allows bad men to become powerful.

And that is different from a lot of other systems how?

Most systems don't OFFICIALY say that women are worth less than men.

To prove rape, a woman needs 4 eye witnesses.

So, with my limited understanding of Islam, are we saying the system unwittingly condones gang rape? How else would there be 4 witnesses? I think that fact alone is testament to the absolute stupidity and senseless of Sharia law.

Spidermike007

No, it doesn't condone GANG rape, but it allows rapists to get away with it.

In Islam a woman is OFFICIALLY worth less than a man and is not allowed to do some things a man can do, In saudi, women could only go out of the house if accompanied by a male, even if a 7 year old boy. The boys sit in the front of the car, while all the women and girls are in the back.

I could tell you a lot of horror stories about saudi re women, but would probably be deleted.

I had 4 years in saudi and you SHOULD be scared. It's a seriously bad system, designed to keep women subjugated to men and allows bad men to become powerful.

And that is different from a lot of other systems how?

To prove rape, a woman needs 4 eye witnesses.

So, with my limited understanding of Islam, are we saying the system unwittingly condones gang rape? How else would there be 4 witnesses? I think that fact alone is testament to the absolute stupidity and senseless of Sharia law.

Spidermike007

In Islam a woman is OFFICIALLY worth less than a man and is not allowed to do some things a man can do, In saudi, women could only go out of the house if accompanied by a male, even if a 7 year old boy. The boys sit in the front of the car, while all the women and girls are in the back.

I could tell you a lot of horror stories about saudi re women, but would probably be deleted.

All based on male inferiority. Or feelings thereof. A man who is ok with who he is, does not need to prevent his woman from leaving the house. He does not feel that if her face is shown, she will need to have sex with every man she runs into. He feels ok about his woman, allows her some freedom. An entire country that prevents women from driving? From going out on her own? From hanging out with her friends, without a man around? That is pure insecurity. Half men. Children pretending to be men. And we call those people our allies?

Spidermike

Chaiyaphum, Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

From the front page of the Muslim Sharia Law Council of the UK website:

From January 1st 2014 the fee for an Islamic divorce application will be increased by £25 to £125 for applications made by men and £175 for applications made by women.

I guess that there are no anti-discrimination laws in the UK.

• Like 1

please do not spread complete nonsense. when we lived in Saudi Arabia my wife was never chaperoned when shopping. and the same apples when we visit Saudi Arabia once a year.

the Holy Bible says it officially.

Leviticus 27:

Yahweh spoke to Moses and said:

2 'Speak to the Israelites and say: "If anyone vows the value of a person to Yahweh and wishes to discharge the vow:

3 "a man between twenty and sixty years of age will be valued at fifty silver shekels -- the sanctuary shekel;

4 a woman will be valued at thirty shekels;

5 "between five and twenty years, a boy will be valued at twenty shekels, a girl at ten shekels;

http://www.catholic.org/bible/book.php?id=3&bible_chapter=27

please do not spread complete nonsense. when we lived in Saudi Arabia my wife was never chaperoned when shopping. and the same apples when we visit Saudi Arabia once a year.

In saudi, saudi women could only go out of the house if accompanied by a male, even if a 7 year old boy.

Infidel women were indeed able to go out unchaparoned by a male, but were often harrased by the mutawa and sometimes hit with sticks. If found with a non related male, both, or all if a group, would be arrested. Also, they couldn't shop in the same room as men, and even McDonalds was segregated.

The above was true when I was there- perhaps it's changed in the years since.

the Holy Bible says it officially.

Leviticus 27:

Yahweh spoke to Moses and said:

2 'Speak to the Israelites and say: "If anyone vows the value of a person to Yahweh and wishes to discharge the vow:

3 "a man between twenty and sixty years of age will be valued at fifty silver shekels -- the sanctuary shekel;

4 a woman will be valued at thirty shekels;

5 "between five and twenty years, a boy will be valued at twenty shekels, a girl at ten shekels;

http://www.catholic.org/bible/book.php?id=3&bible_chapter=27

True, but my country and Thailand are not run by Christian fanatics that interpret the bible literally. In sharia law countries they are run by fanatics that take the Koran literally.