Any Thai army home inspections?

jaideeguy

The reason I ask is that my Thai wife just heard from the moo baan caretakers that she heard the army was going to visit in our moo baan and make house inspections, but I have learned to take all that I hear in LOS with a grain of salt.

Hopefully this post won't be removed by the mods and that people will stay on track and keep their opinions to them selves and just share their experiences.

• Like 1

I had a house inspection once, the construction was OK they said ...

Thanks for the useless and not so funny attempt at humor.............

More of the story has come in. In a neighboring community, the army burst into a private residence saying that they were looking for drugs and guns. Normal behavior for martial law, I guess and just sharing what I hear with a grain of salt.

More of the story has come in. In a neighboring community, the army burst into a private residence saying that they were looking for drugs and guns. Normal behavior for martial law, I guess and just sharing what I hear with a grain of salt.

Why even worry about, unless you have something to hide

if they turn up offer them a cuppa and be nice and be sure to hide all your war weapons and drugs before they turn up

• Like 2

That is what you get for living in a red area, I think they might do the same here as this once was red too (before the floods).

Anyway I would not worry too much in general they wont bother foreigners as we usually don't run guns.

But I am all for the army checking houses for guns if they have info about it.

The army was around the villages in our region.

They searched for the obvisous "red fighters" or whatever.

But I did not hear about actual home searches.

The soldiers have combed through the forest/jungles of the nearby national park.

Not really worried as I have nothing to hide..............just sharing info/rumors that our homes are not sacred and I should have known that a serious post would always bring out the idiots posting their 2 satang. TV has degraded so much over the years from when it used to be a great information sharing site into a bunch of half drunk bored keyboard that slow down the flow of info with their feeble attempts of humor.

If I may get serious a bit more, I would suggest that if anyone gets an uninvited visit from anyone, including the army, then ask for and photograph their IDs as I have heard stories of thugs posing as army patrols to gain entry and later return to clean your place out.

Edited by jaideeguy

I live 120kms NE of Udon Thani in a small village that would be classed as "red"

About a week after the coup the kamnan spread the word that the army was coming the next day for a house by house search, everyone was cautioned to hide their guns.

Most people up here have muzzle loaders to shot birds and stuff, there're perfectly legal but they all went into hiding.

We were also told to hide all our gas powered grass cutters as these would be considered as dangerous weapons blink.png

It would be hard to count how many of these things there are, just about everybody has one, I have 4, But into hiding they went.

Next day army came and searched the houses of known "red" hotheads and nothing else.

Much ado about nothing

If I may get serious a bit more, I would suggest that if anyone gets an uninvited visit from anyone, including the army, then ask for and photograph their IDs as I have heard stories of thugs posing as army patrols to gain entry and later return to clean your place out.

And I always had you down as a rational thinking type.

And I always had you down as a rational thinking type.