Kasikorn Bank won’t give me an account unless I buy accident cover

ukguyinthai

Had personally very bad experience with SCB in second road, whereas their branch in Ban Chang is excellent. Kasikorn in Ban Chang was as arrogant as can be, great experience in Bangkok. The list goes on..

Had personally very bad experience with SCB in second road, whereas their branch in Ban Chang is excellent. Kasikorn in Ban Chang was as arrogant as can be, great experience in Bangkok. The list goes on..

Same here mate I tried to wire $350.00 back to the U.S. to give my sister Same bank on 2nd rd main branch said they do not recognize a U.S. account they tried to show me UK's numbers I pointed out that US is US not UK so they in the end to make a 3hr waiting story short They would attempt to send the money to my account & if it didn't make it I lose the $350.00 & 1650 baht commission. I finally just left 11 years of frustration with this banks idiocy. I went down to western union 600 baht There in 2 minutes. I don't care for any of the banks here. In a western country the 3rd graders are better at business & more polite. They could use a little class & retraining for sure.

Edited by Beardog

This is funny, I wrote a while back about this. I already have an account at Bangkok Bank but wanted a second account with Kasikorn. Basicly with new new rules they really do not want to do the paper work and probably do not know how to do the new paper work. This branch was nice enough to tell me they did not know how to do the paper work .

Imagine a bank letting you leave without taking your money. Funny shit !!!!!!! clap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

I tried to open an account today with Kasikorn at their Central festival branch Phuket and was told the same, if you don't have a work permit you'll have to pay for the insurance 3000 baht for 12 months, which i declined.

I also tried SCB Robinsons branch and was given a straight no, rule change for foreigners a year ago said the manager.

I suppose it's a case of try diff branches.

I tried to open an account today with Kasikorn at their Central festival branch Phuket and was told the same, if you don't have a work permit you'll have to pay for the insurance 3000 baht for 12 months, which i declined.

I also tried SCB Robinsons branch and was given a straight no, rule change for foreigners a year ago said the manager.

I suppose it's a case of try diff branches.

Yes and how much money you have.

When I bought my first house in Pattaya in app year 2003/4 I wanted to transfer +2mill from my Phuket SCB account to the developer as partly payment and fulfilling the contract we signed.

I was told by the SCB Pattaya branch that a 2% fee will be applied since I transfer the money from one province to another and not the same bank.

WHAAAAT I said!! no bloody way will I pay that.

I told them that I rather fly down and put the money in a handbag and fly back.

Then they said, well if you open an account here you can transfer the money in Phuket for free to an account here in Patts (internal SCB transfer) and then transfer the money to the developer for a standard fee, 300 baht or something like that.

Now completely confused I asked them: Yesterday I was here and asked to open an bank account and you said, yes if WP no problem or walk and now I can open an account without any questions asked about WP and visa's?

The bank lady smiled and said; Yesterday was yesterday, today is today, he-he. Needless to say that I opned a new SCB account in Pattaya and internal transferred my money.

This is a true story, no bullshitting.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent Kasikorn 3 messages last week about this. NO REPLY.

I would recommend staying away from this bank.

It's not just KBank that doesn't reply to emails. Nearly every Thai company does not. The only time I've ever gotten email replies were from two farang-owned insurance brokers in Pattaya.