Tourleadersi,

Your wife does appear to have had a torrid time at the hands of the visa section.

Currently, appeals are taking about 3-4 months to be heard, so you might wish to write to the Entry Clearance Manager stating why the visa officer's decision was wrong and asking that it be reviewed. Alternatively, you can write to UK Visas asking the same. At least you then stand a chance of the visa being issued without having to wait for the appeal.

I'd write, amongst other things, that despite having foreseen the concerns that the ECO has, your wife's attempts to explain any perceived discrepancies were disregarded and, as such, natural justice was breached.

Scouse.

First I want to say thanks to all who have offered advice here. It really means a lot especially as I was left feeling so helpless at the time.

I started the appeal process a while back now and it will be heard in about 3 weeks. I will let you know how it goes. I did write a letter of complaint at the time but it was so filled with emotion that I didn't post it for fear of receiving a knock on the door by the men in the rubber gloves!

If it ever gets tiring posting advice to people like me, GU22 and Scouse, please know that your words of advice and support have been a light in what has otherwise been a very tiring episode. Many thanks.

I'm not touting for business, but out of interest, are you to be represented at the appeal?

Scouse.

No mate, were not.

I am still out here in Bangers as is my wife. My parents live in the Uk and could go to the hearing, but the circumstances are so unusual that they wouldn't have a clue what to say. I have to hope all the submissions I have made will be enough. The way I see it, having representation will only be of help if there is further info to discuss? Everything should be in the info they have.

I am right in assuming that the hearing is in London?

Did you ask for a table hearing or an oral hearing? If the former, then the appeal won't be heard as such. Instead, all of the relevant documents will be placed before an immigration judge who will decide the case on the papers before him and won't take any evidence in person from either the Home Office or yourselves. However, you have until 5 days prior to the date in order to submit anything further.

Scouse.

Did you ask for a table hearing or an oral hearing? If the former, then the appeal won't be heard as such. Instead, all of the relevant documents will be placed before an immigration judge who will decide the case on the papers before him and won't take any evidence in person from either the Home Office or yourselves. However, you have until 5 days prior to the date in order to submit anything further.

Scouse.

I don't recall asking for either to be honest. I recieved a letter recently confirming whether there would be a representative, and asking whehter we had any further information to submit. I Have until the middle of July to respond. The only thing that has changed since everything was submitted is that we have now had the Buddhist wedding ceremony. Do you think it is worth submitting any photos?

Thanks

If you haven't done so already, I'd write to the court making it clear that you want the appeal decided on papers and that no-one will be showing up. Also perhaps prepare a written statement which can also be placed before the judge, in which you present your side of the case. Don't leave it to the judge to read between the lines.

Scouse.

If you haven't done so already, I'd write to the court making it clear that you want the appeal decided on papers and that no-one will be showing up. Also perhaps prepare a written statement which can also be placed before the judge, in which you present your side of the case. Don't leave it to the judge to read between the lines.

Scouse.

Thanks Scouse, I'll get cracking on that today. Really appreciate all your advice.

• 1 month later...

Just an update for all of you who gave advice.

I recieved a letter today from the Appeals Tribunal to say that they overturned the decision of the embassy. Apparently during the course of 2 interviews they only asked 23 questions in total, 2 of them were "What language do you want to have this in?" and "Are you fit and well?" Teach the wife the right answers to those two and you're already 10% of the way there!

All the best and thanks for all your advice. I guess the interviewer at the embassy was just having a bad day. We all have them.

Hi tourleadersi, just read this through, you and your wife do appear to have had a rough time of it, but all is good now :o

Good Luck

How about you Binnsy, Your last post appeared positive, I hope your lack of response doesn't mean another set back.

I wish you luck whatever the result.

Moss

Just an update for all of you who gave advice.

I recieved a letter today from the Appeals Tribunal to say that they overturned the decision of the embassy. Apparently during the course of 2 interviews they only asked 23 questions in total, 2 of them were "What language do you want to have this in?" and "Are you fit and well?" Teach the wife the right answers to those two and you're already 10% of the way there!

All the best and thanks for all your advice. I guess the interviewer at the embassy was just having a bad day. We all have them.

So the British Embassy Bangkok has made another mistake and unfairly refused a genuine application that had to go to appeal to be overturned at no doubt vast expense and inconvenience. It is not acceptable to say the ECO must have had a bad day. Why do people just shrug their shoulders and accept this behaviour. This should not have happened. I would love to see GU22's reply to this one . Whatever it is i am sure he will have put all the blame on the OP and absolved the ECO of any blame whatsoever.

I would love to see GU22's reply to this one . Whatever it is i am sure he will have put all the blame on the OP and absolved the ECO of any blame whatsoever.
I suggest that you read the entire thread, then you will see my comments.

tourleadersi,

Glad it worked out for you in the end.