England V Ecuador

konangrit

After seeing Germany and Argentina today I'm not overly worried. Argentina struggled against Mexico , who IMO are not in England's class, despite their higher fifa ranking.

The FIFA ranking system is nonsense.

2. Czech Republic

4. Mexico

5. USA (??!!??)

Pure fantasy!

unfortunately it is based on games played including friendlies etc...

So whereas england, holland etc.... play mostly only really hard challenging games, poofie pansy teams like the usa etc, play lichtenstein and bahrain twenty times to get more points in the rankings.

I enjoyed the game today. I particularly loved the way the ecuadoreans were falling down all over the place in the first half, like domino´s. At any one time there were about five south americans lying around on the ground.

Missed the goal, cos I was getting beers.

the only reason why england hasn't scored yet is because ecuador doesn't know how to score own goals :D

........a bit nasty..........but perhaps true!!!! :o

just being honest. until beckham scored out of the blue it looked like ecuador needed to score an own goal if england was to score at all!

People who call it a crap game either 1) just associate anything related to England as being crap or 2) don't know football at all.

I thought it was a good game. The must win factor caused by the knock-out rounds meant Ecuador necessarily gave England more space which, in turn, greatly helped them play to their strengths - passing through midfield. Evidently there was a bust up between Gerrard and Beckham during mid-week about Beckham's constant long balls over midfield trying to find Crouch, a tactic that didnt work in the group stages. Obviously SGE was listening and the team were much better as a result.

Ecuador offered nothing. Apart from the Terry howler which let them in early in the game, they barely created a chance. This is the team that everyone was calling the surprise package after they beat Poland so comprehensively.

Top marks to Ashley Cole. He played a blinder. Where the hel_l did he come from to deflect that shot onto the bar - it seems that gave him a lot of confidence because nothing got passed him after that. Man of the Match for me, especially considering all of Ecuador's five goals to date have come down that right hand side.

Whatever England-haters might think, this is a half-decent England team and they are now getting into their stride. I think they will fancy their chances against a Portugal team that could be without 3-4 key players.

what's up with Lampard? He has had more shots than anyone else and couldn't hit a banjo with a barn door!! Has he gone mad practicing his penalties and forgotton how to shoot from outside the box?

He has gone off song a bit, but at least his shots were in the barn area, unlike Gerrards. :D

Terry's the one I am worring about. Two bad games on the trot. That's his quota for the next two years used up already. Last eight of the World. What an achievment. According to the rankings we should be out by now. Englishmen should start to feel proud already.

Still most of the cynics were at our throats again.

" What a load of rubbish. Terrible. 1-0 " and of course

" Fantastic Portugal cruise past Holland. Brilliant. 1-0"

Funny old game football. Yesterday I was saying maybe they didn't bring Cartlon Cole along because he can't get in the Chelsea team.................................nor can Maniche. :o

what's up with Lampard? He has had more shots than anyone else and couldn't hit a banjo with a barn door!! Has he gone mad practicing his penalties and forgotton how to shoot from outside the box?

I think it's the new ball. Him & Roberto Carlos can't stay over the top of the damm thing and put it out of the stadium.

People who call it a crap game either 1) just associate anything related to England as being crap or 2) don't know football at all.

I thought it was a good game. The must win factor caused by the knock-out rounds meant Ecuador necessarily gave England more space which, in turn, greatly helped them play to their strengths - passing through midfield. Evidently there was a bust up between Gerrard and Beckham during mid-week about Beckham's constant long balls over midfield trying to find Crouch, a tactic that didnt work in the group stages. Obviously SGE was listening and the team were much better as a result.

Ecuador offered nothing. Apart from the Terry howler which let them in early in the game, they barely created a chance. This is the team that everyone was calling the surprise package after they beat Poland so comprehensively.

Top marks to Ashley Cole. He played a blinder. Where the hel_l did he come from to deflect that shot onto the bar - it seems that gave him a lot of confidence because nothing got passed him after that. Man of the Match for me, especially considering all of Ecuador's five goals to date have come down that right hand side.

Whatever England-haters might think, this is a half-decent England team and they are now getting into their stride. I think they will fancy their chances against a Portugal team that could be without 3-4 key players.

Yeah, well that's Neeranam. Pretty sad.

First half was laboured, and with all that space! For a lot of the second half I thought they looked pretty good, especially Mr Rooney whenever he got the ball.

He has gone off song a bit, but at least his shots were in the barn area, unlike Gerrards. :D

Terry's the one I am worring about. Two bad games on the trot. That's his quota for the next two years used up already. Last eight of the World. What an achievment. According to the rankings we should be out by now. Englishmen should start to feel proud already.

Funny old game football. Yesterday I was saying maybe they didn't bring Cartlon Cole along because he can't get in the Chelsea team.................................nor can Maniche. :o

so with Terry off song has Sven got the bottle to stick Carragher in there instead?? Or is he saving him until others have their two yellow cards.

I thought both Cole's played well last night and Rooney looked good whenever he got the ball. Main problem was they didnt really get the ball to him enough, too many lobbed balls into the central defenders instead of getting balls to his feat or through balls.

What a cracking free kick from Beckham. I am sure the boo boys are disappointed it wasnt another oggie. Excellent timing as well as robobop was getting warmed up to come on.

Funny old game football. Yesterday I was saying maybe they didn't bring Cartlon Cole along because he can't get in the Chelsea team.................................nor can Maniche. :D

Excellent timing as well as robobop was getting warmed up to come on.

:o:D

Well Lampy has summed it up nicely for us!

Last 8 in the World Cup and we haven't hit our bootstraps yet but last night showed that its coming. Individual players have had good games but not real unity as yet but there were signs last night that its only a matter of time now. Beware Portugal and Brazil.

What a cracking free kick from Beckham. I am sure the boo boys are disappointed it wasnt another oggie. Excellent timing as well as robobop was getting warmed up to come on.

even beckham was surprised; he threw up on the pitch right after the celebrations!

post-9621-1151299442_thumb.jpg

even beckham was surprised; he threw up on the pitch right after the celebrations!

Posh's cooking. :o

Yes, what was up with Beckham? He looked sick as he11 for the second half? Hopefully he's in full form for the Portugal match.

Doesn't matter if he's not. Aaron Lennon would scare the cr@p out of the Portuguese defence.!!!

Deco and Costinha suspended, Ronaldo injured and Figo too old England will NEVER have a better chance to make it back to the semis of a World Cup.

Then it's just the small matter of Brazil...!!!

england.gif

Yes, what was up with Beckham? He looked sick as he11 for the second half? Hopefully he's in full form for the Portugal match.

Doesn't matter if he's not. Aaron Lennon would scare the cr@p out of the Portuguese defence.!!!

Deco and Costinha suspended, Ronaldo injured and Figo too old England will NEVER have a better chance to make it back to the semis of a World Cup.

Then it's just the small matter of Brazil...!!!

england.gif

I wouldn't write-off Ghana taking out Brazil, Backpack, and then there'll be Spain who will hopefully injure a lot of Brazil. :o