Prayuth may act as interim PM

Lite Beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The guy who vowed that when he took over the country he would never be P.M. Why not let the people choose a P.M instead of making yourself the supreme leader.

It seems he IS the people's choice to be the next PM.

With a nationwide turnout of almost 99% Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un was not only elected to the highest legislative body in North Korea, he won with the unanimous approval of his district, which had 100 per cent turnout. Voters had only one candidate's name on the ballot for each district and they had the choice of voting yes or no. Will Thailand follow the path of TRUE democracy as did North Korea? Yes or no.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The guy who vowed that when he took over the country he would never be P.M. Why not let the people choose a P.M instead of making yourself the supreme leader.

With a nationwide turnout of almost 99% Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un was not only elected to the highest legislative body in North Korea, he won with the unanimous approval of his district, which had 100 per cent turnout. Voters had only one candidate's name on the ballot for each district and they had the choice of voting yes or no. Will Thailand follow the path of TRUE democracy as did North Korea? Yes or no.

The DPRK has 3 parties.

Go right ahead Khun Prayuth. The red violence has completely stopped and their weapons of terror are being systematically discovered. End of organized state corruption will eventually lead to more satangs finding their way to the rural poor. Police force overhaul should stop this organized crime gang distributing narcotics, facilitating prostitution and preying on the vulnerable. No doubt education and judicial reforms also on the way to the benefit of nearly everybody. It sounds like Prayuth could be the right choice for an interim PM.

Prayuth's final message to the scum he overthrew should be to retain Big Bobby Amsterdam to organize his publicity. Proving that it was all about the money after all.

Simple because the people have been unable to pick a decent leader under the corrupt system.

He intends on changing the corrupt system so that when the people do go to the poles to pick their leader they will be given choices with no corruption intended candidates.

I know that goes against the Thai way of doing things but it is time for the Thais to start thinking of Thailand as a united nation and acting like it. This has been impossible under the previous corrupt system.

I mean really folks a fugitive on the run from the law running the country. This is not a good system.

It is a shame that the people who wanted an honest government were not allowed to voice their opinion the speaker would just shut them down. For you proponents of free speech was that free speech.

shut up we don't have to listen to you we have already received are instructions from Dubai and we have the vote so you are wasting are time let us get on with what we the representatives of 48% of the voters want.

That is not free speech. But they did allow and in fact have members backing a speech by the red shirts proposing a separation of the nation and raising an army of 600,000 to do it.

This is not what the people want. A recently pole in the North East showed that 60% are happy with what is going on. In a year and a half Thailand will be a bright shiny new country on the democratic scene in the world. It just took some intelligent people who have learned from past mistakes to do it right.

The source said he believed there would be some "undercurrents" to challenge the interim government's power but that the new administration would prove itself. "We will show that we have good intentions and we have no plans to be corrupt. If the performance is good and people benefit from it. I don't think there will be any opposition," the source said.

That is to be expected. Not every one wants peace or honesty. But the majority of the Thais do. Why do some of the foreigners not want this?

Why???

You think foreigners want honesty lol.

They want to drive around with crash helmets and pay the police 200 baht to go away

Illegal retirement visas

ed visa and not go to learn

act lawless and pay back hander to the police for the problem to go away

pretend to be a honest ral estate agent

sell drugs and have someone in authority to help them do the crimes

Should i finish or do everybody get the drift. No doubt many on here wants this kind of illegal practice, and how many have done this.

Looks like the people have found a hero.

I smell a landslide landing on the heads of many corrupt politicians.

Of course he can't wipe out corruption completely or the country will come to a grinding halt but the blatant ones will no doubt fall if they haven't done so already.

• Like 1

Poor tv red shirts - loving every minute of their crocodile tears. While they get off to pictures of their patron high lord of corruption and nepotism - Thaksin

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Corruption, corruption, corruption - how awful it is I couldn't agree more.

But ... the latest PT government just had their assets checked, and were found to be not unusually richer after their term in office. Some were poorer. Even Yingluck herself gained financially only from the appreciation in the value of stocks that she already held. Capital gains - nothing illegal or corrupt there ....

Regardless, they were kicked out by the army on the basis of corruption - all sounds a bit like the fabled WMD in Iraq - a pretext to invade.

So where is this corruption smoking gun that all the propaganda keeps talking about? I've got it - corruption in Thailand didn't exist before Thaksin's lot, so they must have invented it, right?

Looks more like a bunch of sore losers who can't win democratic election usurping a civilian government under the barrel of a gun. Or it's a double standard, as they are all corrupt, right?

Do you seriously think that their 'declared assets' include money stolen???........ hahaha

You must be so naive to think that they are declaring all their stolen money to the EC and NACC.

It is all in names well away from their own personal Thai bank accounts. Try looking in offshore accounts in the names of their family and friends.

Investigations into the conduits that eroded a trillion baht from the coffers is where the true 'declarations' are going to come from. The government ministers will be pointed out one by one in good time,and made to say where all the money is actually hiding, especially when they are stripped of everything and thrown into a prison cell until they tell the authorities where the money is.

Give them life in prison to be commuted once they cough up the cash.... you will be surprised how quickly they will give it up.

Quite right. He's certainly done a lot of talking, via media outlets that have to report his every word and no other. That's a good job, right?

Let me guess? You want Thaksin back right? Credibility rating 0.

As I replied to you before, I think Thaksin is a lowlife piece of excrement so why would I want him back?

Why do people throw up thaksin and accuse people of being a Thaksin lover. The old you love Thaksin, end of discussion I win haha ha

Accusing you of loving Thaksin is a convenient way of telling you to shut up - one that requires little thought or reasoning.

No shades of grey here mate - just black and white. You are either on one side, or the other. No room for middle ground, I'm afraid.

Poor tv red shirts - loving every minute of their crocodile tears. While they get off to pictures of their patron high lord of corruption and nepotism - Thaksin

Corruption, corruption, corruption - how awful it is I couldn't agree more.

But ... the latest PT government just had their assets checked, and were found to be not unusually richer after their term in office. Some were poorer. Even Yingluck herself gained financially only from the appreciation in the value of stocks that she already held. Capital gains - nothing illegal or corrupt there ....

Regardless, they were kicked out by the army on the basis of corruption - all sounds a bit like the fabled WMD in Iraq - a pretext to invade.

So where is this corruption smoking gun that all the propaganda keeps talking about? I've got it - corruption in Thailand didn't exist before Thaksin's lot, so they must have invented it, right?

Looks more like a bunch of sore losers who can't win democratic election usurping a civilian government under the barrel of a gun. Or it's a double standard, as they are all corrupt, right?

Lets wait for the real corruption examinations. However stupid the members of the PTP are did you really expect them to put their ill gains on their bank account in their own name ? That would really earn them the name of red buffalo and however stupid some of them are nobody is that stupid.

This was just an examination of how much money they had under their name nothing more nothing less. Let us all wait and see what happens it takes time to dig up all the corruption and I bet paper shredders were doing overtime the last weeks of the PTP administration.

Thank you for clarifying that.

So there is no solid evidence to substantiate the corruption allegations then. Just hearsay, or even fabrication, on what they may (or may not have) done?

Put simply the answer is ‘No’.Comparing Thailand with a failed dysfunctional state like North Korea is like saying the burgers are better at Burger King/ Hungry Jacks. Besides, how can you make such a comparison when the majority of the population have no conception to freedom of choice let alone having a choice or the means to eat even at least fast food. At least in Thailand you have the freedom to eat & drink what you want or leave whenever you wish.

If history is anything to go by, in terms of milestones, General Prayuth as PM is the best thing that has happen to Thailand since field marshal – Phibun (3rd Thai PM 1932) ran the country. Back then Plaek Phibun was credited with bringing Thai people out the jungle and evolving into modern society.

Edited by MK1
  • Like 1

When this coup happened I reckoned that the General would not be going anywhere soon, does anybody still have doubts that PM was his goal from the start? All of these polls and news articles about his greatness are kind of spurious seeing as he controls the media and if anybody says anything opposing his views they're gone, closed down and adios.

Just because the opposing views are not printed doesn't mean the positive ones are not true. Too much social media around for all the positive stories to be lies.

So far, the Thais are very happy, including pretty much every one I've spoken with. With the exception of a few hard core ones in Issan. whistling.gif

• Like 1

i really like this guy, chan o chan, he is the perfect guy at the right time for the job.

He is a mix of Bokassa, with a pinch of Nicolas Ceaucescu with a certain something of Imelda Marcos.

I told you, a great guy this chan o chan, i wish him best luck

be carefull what you are saying....bocassa was accused of cannibalism too

coffee1.gif

Wow never saw that possibility. We all thought he'd retire and grow tomatoes. rolleyes.gif

I think it beats having Suthep as a PM.

Perhaps he has a family member who could step in to take the weight off the generals shoulders?

Simply for the benefit of the people of course and to continue the spread of happiness.

The same guy who vowed the military would NOT conduct a coup to overthrow the democractically elected government when it delcared martial law. Does it seem there might be a creditability gap?

violin.gifviolin.gifviolin.gifviolin.gif

Go right ahead Khun Prayuth. The red violence has completely stopped and their weapons of terror are being systematically discovered. End of organized state corruption will eventually lead to more satangs finding their way to the rural poor. Police force overhaul should stop this organized crime gang distributing narcotics, facilitating prostitution and preying on the vulnerable. No doubt education and judicial reforms also on the way to the benefit of nearly everybody. It sounds like Prayuth could be the right choice for an interim PM.

Prayuth's final message to the scum he overthrew should be to retain Big Bobby Amsterdam to organize his publicity. Proving that it was all about the money after all.

Simple because the people have been unable to pick a decent leader under the corrupt system.

He intends on changing the corrupt system so that when the people do go to the poles to pick their leader they will be given choices with no corruption intended candidates.

I know that goes against the Thai way of doing things but it is time for the Thais to start thinking of Thailand as a united nation and acting like it. This has been impossible under the previous corrupt system.

I mean really folks a fugitive on the run from the law running the country. This is not a good system.

It is a shame that the people who wanted an honest government were not allowed to voice their opinion the speaker would just shut them down. For you proponents of free speech was that free speech.

shut up we don't have to listen to you we have already received are instructions from Dubai and we have the vote so you are wasting are time let us get on with what we the representatives of 48% of the voters want.

That is not free speech. But they did allow and in fact have members backing a speech by the red shirts proposing a separation of the nation and raising an army of 600,000 to do it.

This is not what the people want. A recently pole in the North East showed that 60% are happy with what is going on. In a year and a half Thailand will be a bright shiny new country on the democratic scene in the world. It just took some intelligent people who have learned from past mistakes to do it right.

The source said he believed there would be some "undercurrents" to challenge the interim government's power but that the new administration would prove itself. "We will show that we have good intentions and we have no plans to be corrupt. If the performance is good and people benefit from it. I don't think there will be any opposition," the source said.

That is to be expected. Not every one wants peace or honesty. But the majority of the Thais do. Why do some of the foreigners not want this?

Why???

You think foreigners want honesty lol.

They want to drive around with crash helmets and pay the police 200 baht to go away

Illegal retirement visas

ed visa and not go to learn

act lawless and pay back hander to the police for the problem to go away

pretend to be a honest ral estate agent

sell drugs and have someone in authority to help them do the crimes

Should i finish or do everybody get the drift. No doubt many on here wants this kind of illegal practice, and how many have done this.

Well yes there are some that want to do that. Notice I said some. Not all. I would be willing to say that the majority don't. But yes there are some who fill your description.

They want to drive around with crash helmets and pay the police 200 baht to 
go away 

Is English your second or third language that makes no sense.wai.gif

The interim government will likely "call off the dogs" from the international community...Thailand is not likely to soon forget...who had knee-jerk reactions to the military takeover...and who stood by Thailand in their time of need for cooperation and understanding...

The same guy who vowed the military would NOT conduct a coup to overthrow the democractically elected government when it delcared martial law. Does it seem there might be a creditability gap?

violin.gifviolin.gifviolin.gifviolin.gif

It is all going full circle. Trust me I am a General and a man of my word. The guy is Thai he has ceased power and now the game begins. Reverse the trucks and do be careful with those art works

• Like 1

I thought he was already acting as a PM since day one. Am I missing something here? Darn he gives all the orders doesn't he?

I thought he was giving Thailand direction rather than orders. Seems more like this as he is making so many inroads in such a short time. This is what you call leadership, like it or lump it for now.

If things progress on these lines for a few more months there is no reason why he couldn't do the job. Thailand has not been led for near 3 years so it makes a change.thumbsup.gif

Under Martial law he is giving Orders. Do as I say or else

Up to you if you want to take your hard line view, I do not feel it is as severe as you post--re your last 6 words. could be OTT ??

"You will get a democratically elected government by 2015," Prayuth said."

Gives Mr. T. enough time to buy votes from his followers, but who in the Shin. clan will be his puppy this time?

Just reading a bit on martial law on wiki. It starts with

"Martial law is the imposition of military power over designated regions on an emergency basis.

Martial law is usually imposed on a temporary basis when the civilian government or civilian authorities fail to function effectively (e.g., maintain order and security, or provide essential services). In full-scale martial law, the highest-ranking military officer would take over, or be installed, as the military governor or as head of the government, thus removing all power from the previous executive, legislative, and judicial branches of government."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_law

PS from the same wiki page

"In January 2004, the Prime Minister of Thailand, Thaksin Shinawatra, declared a state of martial law in the provinces of Pattani, Yala, and Narathiwat in response to the growing South Thailand insurgency."

Edited by Lite Beer

I thought he was giving Thailand direction rather than orders. Seems more like this as he is making so many inroads in such a short time. This is what you call leadership, like it or lump it for now.

If things progress on these lines for a few more months there is no reason why he couldn't do the job. Thailand has not been led for near 3 years so it makes a change.thumbsup.gif

Up to you if you want to take your hard line view, I do not feel it is as severe as you post--re your last 6 words. could be OTT ??

I take your point, but don't you see the improvements ??? even if we have to have a few restrictions FOR NOW.

I would take your view IF the army had taken over a fair organized well governed government, in this case it is cleaning up, just my view.

If martial law was permanent and the Thai people were suppressed I would take your view. I can see no one suffering only the impatient unruly disruptive types who want to object for the sake of it. Patience is the essence.

• Like 1

Jakrapob, together with former Pheu Thai Party leader Charupong Ruangsuwan, last week set up a group called the Organisation of Free Thais for Human Rights and Democracy.

I wonder if Thaksin has funded this group? Will this be the political wing of THRD or the militia?

could be the THiRD hand Chalerm was always going on about!whistling.gif

Edited by ggold

Some posts removed, some edited for content.

11) Do not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

"Prayuth told them to cancel and has again warned that BOTH sides will be treated the same." think of bible line "Ye shall know a tree by it's fruits". Where are searches of yellow houses? Where are arrests of all those protest leaders? They broke the law and brought on coup.... not to mention well organized systematic corruption of demo types, as opposed to group of amateurs that had to resort to on the job training (reds).

"Prayuth told them to cancel and has again warned that BOTH sides will be treated the same." think of bible line "Ye shall know a tree by it's fruits". Where are searches of yellow houses? Where are arrests of all those protest leaders? They broke the law and brought on coup.... not to mention well organized systematic corruption of demo types, as opposed to group of amateurs that had to resort to on the job training (reds).

Yellow houses? The equal treatment part means that if someone is thought to collect weaponry his house will be searched. Independent of the colour of the paint on it.

Anyway 'those' protest leaders were also held for a week by the military and then accompanied to various courts to hear charges brought against them. All got bail granted and are still in Thailand awaiting their case to be started in court.

The 'demo type' part I do not understand, but the on-the-job-training was not what the 'reds' had. They seemed to rely on trained types who like to operate in the night.

Anyway, Prayuth may act as iPM. Wondering if that would be a good idea. Mind you another 'Surayut like setup' wouldn't be ideal either to pass away the time till October 2015.

From what I think in private many soldiers may be good human (maybe not all of them?), but when they are in duty there is only ONE rule which they follow: command and obedience - period.

Major General Smedley Darlington Butler - USMC, Double recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor

"I spent 33 years and 4 months in active service as a member of our country's most agile military force--the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from second lieutenant to Major General. And during that period I spent most of my time being a high-class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer for capitalism. I suspected I was part of a racket all the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all members of the military profession I never had an original thought until I left the service."

Smedley D. Butler (1881-1940)

http://warisaracket.org/dedication.html

Paint everyone in the military with a broad brush, much?

And, of course, the USMC of the first half of the twentieth century is exactly like the Thai army of today. /sarc

Edited by rametindallas

Actually, there IS a credibility gap and it's yours as your statement is not true. The general has always left open the possibility of the army stepping in. It was subtle leverage to get the attention of the government to solve the problems and restore peace. But, from following your posts, truth is not your strong suit, you're more the 'propaganda' type. chooka, you're the same as rickirs, in case you thought I was playing favorites.

Edited by rametindallas

"in the end, nothing got done," he said.

At least they admit that the Dems did nothing after they get the power from the army.

You must have failed history in High School as everyone knows the People's Power Party, a Thaksin puppet government, won the first election (held a year after the coup) after the military appointed government of retired general Surayud stepped aside in 2007.

Revisionist, much?

Perfectly true. They won the election, as they always do, only to be swept aside by the courts in favour of more 'preferred' people, i.e., the Dems.

Still at the revisionist level, I see. A bit of cooking and some election fraud swept aside by courts must be wrong as it effected the party of the big boss in Dubai. MP's elect Abhisit as PM, but that's wrong, MPs election Samak/Somchai is right.

There's nothing wrong with critically examining past events, as is meant by the word 'revisionism'. Indeed, such practice is an integral part of debate.

'Negationism', or distortion of past events, describes your assertion that Abhisit's appointment was legitimate as far as the opinion of the general public was concerned. If it were, then why on earth did his party get so decisively defenestrated when he eventually had to call a general election? Why wasn't he re-elected?

Edited by Thanet