Prayuth tops people's choice as next PM

Lite Beer

A prediction: The General will become PM of a military-led party which will win enough votes in next year's election to form a Coalition with the Democrats, leaving Pheu Thai in opposition under a leader not related to the Shinawatra family.

And if he doesn't win, he just make a new coup.

But of course he or the one he support will win. He have forced out the opposition. Either they have to leave or agree not to work in politics again

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like your post and believe the thing that was/is needed is the end of corruption and the possibility of someone having Dictator Interest., even though the one party has as their slogan "Against Dictatorship.

I believe it will take one or two years to trulysquare away Thailand.

Jerry

What would one call the Dictatorship of an unelected, anti-government, elitist, People's cartel who has control over elected officials?

"The Master Poll of the Thai Researchers in Community Happiness Association, TRICHA)..."

Wow, they concluded that people want Prayuth as PM!

Here's another news flash, "The Born Again Christians for a Holier World" conducted a poll that shows that people prefer going to church over drinking, gambling and sex.

You should read and try to understand. The topic doesn't say 'the people' want Gen. Prayuth as PM. The topic only says that out of those asked junta chief Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha is on top of the people's choice, supported by 32.1 per cent of respondents, as the next prime minister.

Next we'll get into the subject of "local farang takes step towards reconciliation by opening a lounge" rolleyes.gif

"You should read and try to understand."

Take your own advice rubl, and stop modifying other people's posts. I never wrote "the people" as you quoted, I wrote "they concluded that people want Prayuth as PM!". I assume the 32.1 percent the poll referred to were people.

The General has proved his capable knowlage of the citation that was destroying Thailand and did the right thing. He would make a very good PM and would pick the ministers and control control them, I hope he stands for election.

A leader is only as good as the people he or she leads and Thais are lacking in goodness because they do not play by the rules or obey laws. A few examples are their mobile phones are on in flight playing FB or line and as soon as the aircraft lands they reach for their bags before reaching the gate.

Traffic lights means nothing to them and driving or riding a motorbike opposite to the traffic is normal. 10 year old kids riding motorbikes with babies in one hand and a cell phone in the other.

The next PM will have a hell of a time if he is serious about leading a nation out of lawlessness and disrespect for law and order. I see people protesting about this and that and really what they should be doing is taking a long look at their own self and try to do good to take this nation out of the long years of rot.

Was I not reading on TVF that if a coup were to occur, the Isaanites would rise up on mass and violently overthrow the junta? But now, that the Shinawat mafia tentacles are being chopped off and the oh-so pursuasive local puuyai baans and kamnans are unable to intimidate and cajole the locals to vote for Shin, we are seeing a logical progression that people don't want the return of Shin. The mouse that never roared?

What does Issanites refer to? Its a myth Thaskin aligned parties have only flourished there. In 2011 they took half the vote in Bangkok and the majority in the North of the country.

As for not rising up anyone who shows dissent gets sent off to camps for "readjustment" which can best explain the lack of anything.

You reallly need to do some reading to figure out what this is all about, I mean that in the most sincere terms. You wont find it here or in any Thai media but it is out there so go look Its fascinating stuff once get your head round it, i think slowly one by one many on here are realising this wasnt a grand fight against corruption thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Just let Thaksin run. Then we'll have a coup sooner and the politicians won't be able to screw it up that much in the short time. Might make it a tradition, you know, like a political songkran every two years.

Aside from the question of whether this survey was funded and conducted by an independent organization that has no connection or bias towards the junta (and having junta frequently used "Happiness" in its name seems to prejudice it), the Junta should condemn the survey as being political in nature and contravening the junta's national reconciliation efforts to remove political conflict from all public discussiosn. The survey points to continued political differences, albeit with questionable results, in the country following previous country's political divisions and no doubt will not help resolve differences of former red shirt supports - it does not instill Happiness to all Thais. With polling Abhisit and Suthep only slightly higher thah Yingluck, the survey further may have the unintended effect of encouraging political activism of red shirts.

Again if taken at face value, the survey would seem to imply that the whole anti-government protest over six months was an unneeded exercise in civil disobediance and unnecessary shutdown of the interim government with both Abhisit Vejjajiva and Suthep Thaugsuban even now outpolling Yingluck Shinawatra. Thus, the survey leads one to the question of why didn't the Democrats just go forward in October 2013 with elections?

• Like 2

Okay, let's have an election very soon. That way, the USA and Europe can't carry on critisising Thailand for not being a democracy.

And once the USA and Europe are back on good terms with Thailand, then, then no need for Thailand to drift towards China. That will make a load of people on Thai Visa happier ! :)

Was I not reading on TVF that if a coup were to occur, the Isaanites would rise up on mass and violently overthrow the junta? But now, that the Shinawat mafia tentacles are being chopped off and the oh-so pursuasive local puuyai baans and kamnans are unable to intimidate and cajole the locals to vote for Shin, we are seeing a logical progression that people don't want the return of Shin. The mouse that never roared?

They were talking up a big rap while they were still holding the reins of power. How many risked life and limb, after the coup, to take to the streets? I said a long time ago, that a show of power and strength would be all it took. Quiet as a moth.

BANGKOK: -- The Master Poll has found that junta chief Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha is on top of the people's choice, supported by 32.1 per cent of respondents, as the next prime minister.

Sounds like an overwhelming majority of the electorate.

Pity poor Yingluck. 6.9 per cent is distinctly underwhelming minority of the electorate.

I don't know.... Nick Clegg would probably give his left nut for that level of adulation. François Hollande would probably give his other one.

Whose? Nick Clegg's ? Very noble of Francois. smile.png

• Like 1

Prayuth 32.1 (Hardly a "majority")

Abhisit 13.9

Suthep 8.4

Some Dem 8.1

TOTAL 62.5

So what happened to the other 37.5%????

Polls reflect only what you WANT them to reflect, and rarely reflect the truth.

Well.... Yingluck apparently scored 6.9%

I am sure the General would love to hold an election ASAP to ride of the back of his current popularity. However he is a disciplined man with ethics and morals and realizes that much needed reform is needed first to to ensure the infestation that has plagued Thailand for so long does not return. That infestation being corruption. What did you think I was referring to?

Aside from the question of whether this survey was funded and conducted by an independent organization that has no connection or bias towards the junta (and having junta frequently used "Happiness" in its name seems to prejudice it), the Junta should condemn the survey as being political in nature and contravening the junta's national reconciliation efforts to remove political conflict from all public discussiosn. The survey points to continued political differences, albeit with questionable results, in the country following previous country's political divisions and no doubt will not help resolve differences of former red shirt supports - it does not instill Happiness to all Thais. With polling Abhisit and Suthep only slightly higher thah Yingluck, the survey further may have the unintended effect of encouraging political activism of red shirts.

Again if taken at face value, the survey would seem to imply that the whole anti-government protest over six months was an unneeded exercise in civil disobediance and unnecessary shutdown of the interim government with both Abhisit Vejjajiva and Suthep Thaugsuban even now outpolling Yingluck Shinawatra. Thus, the survey leads one to the question of why didn't the Democrats just go forward in October 2013 with elections?

Uhm, go forward with elections October 2013? Which elections if I may ask?

As far as I know and at least in my universe it was only on December 9th, 2013 that PM Yingluck dissolved the House and called for snap elections which where to be held within 60 days or so.

Correct. It's easy to find the blocked reading material and very obvious which posters have not bothered.

They read The Nation and think its valid fodder for a discussion.

If in Thailand using a Thai ISP you can find the materiel it is obviously not blocked.

If it's blocked in Thailand, but not outside then we here in Thailand cannot read it and since it's blocked should not even discuss it. To say we couldn't be bothered suggests we should actively break the law and search for blocked content.

Of course personally I think all polls in Thailand should be ignored as being somewhat meaningless.

• Like 1

This "poll" is not even a decent joke. Suthep one of the top vote getters. Yea sure, ha ha, ho ho. I would love to see him run.

i would love to see him run too, straight into the nearest prison cell for a very long time. He caused loss of livelihood and even death for some people as did whoever was in charge of the reds in 2010.

..........................."as did whoever was in charge of the reds in 2010".......................... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoever was in charge ??? What's the matter, are you too scared to name him ? It's T-H-A-K-S-I-N.

And to you all the posters on this topic who are nipping at the junta's heels, guess what ? If it was not for the totally inept, corrupt and greedy law-breaking crooks who were in power before the coup, this coup would never had happened.

Your team were red carded, get over it. Have another sour grape. biggrin.png

You sure about that? I'm not saying it wasn't Thaksin, but was he not out of the country at the time? Someone must have been giving the orders over here in Thailand. Do you know who it was? My team was red carded, what makes you say it was my team? One is as bad as the other.

Thai Researchers in Community Happiness Association, TRICHA

in my life , i have never seen such an association

so...when are they going to create biggrin.png

Thai Researchers in farang drunk.gif.pagespeed.ce.hfErN2aQEE.gif Community Happiness burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gifAssociation, TRIFCHA

....i am interested in seeing the results.

hit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJ.

Do people really have a choice? If they're against the military etc then they're not allowed to legally speak out about the main reasons why. Don't forget these things. Plus all the news is good news when the military controls the news.

No choice. People's choice? What choice?

People? What people? A few guys in the army type people?

You have to be honest: it s probably a slightly bias poll at this stage. Besides the fact that the general consensus now is that the coup brought peace and prevented lots worse. Which is good. I hope they speed up the changes even more while they re at it. Stop some projects hold them against the light of day, stop corruption, make sure a proper system is in place and slowly start handing over power.

Incorrect. That land sold at the going rate.

It was a public auction and the deal was in the press.

There was an auction with 3 bidders I recall. Shins and 2 of the big well known developers.

The 3 bids came in under reserve price and the land not sold.

They held another auction the Shins outbid.

I never saw a story about the price being rigged.

The spouse of the winning bidder is obligated to sign the documents and that's what they hung him on.

Recall the next PM was kicked out for being paid 10,000bt for appearing on a Sunday cooking show on TV.

A show he previously hosted for years called "cooking and Complaining.

Very entertaining jovial fellow.

But rules are rules and the stacked court threw him out too!

Technically, Thaksin is NOT guilty of "abuse of power" as stated by his conviction. Early last year the courts ruled the land purchase by his wife as "null & void". She had to give the land back, and got her money back, plus interest. Null & Void means that legally, IT NEVER HAPPENED, and all actions connected with it also never happened. So, how can he be guilty of something that, legally, never happened? He's a megalomaniac and I'm sure they've got plenty of shit to hang him on, but this one is B.S.

Well I don't think he should be interim PM.

After his retirement in September he should stay on as head of NCPO which would act as the main check and balance to the interim Government and the senate which should be reinstated as was.

Then he should join with, or create, a political party and contest the next general election as a constituency candidate with the understanding that if the party he stood for were elected he would become the elected PM.

That would bring everything under the democratic umbrella that only the usual few losers could complain about.

• Like 1