Prayuth tops people's choice as next PM

Lite Beer

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prayuth may be the peoples top choice as the next PM, but there are many others with a bigger voice, that are starting to have huge concerns over the Junta,s "spend to keep the people happy policy ".

I am of course, refering to the money markets around the world that invest their pension funds and hedge fund accounts into places like Thailand.

Edited by Cake Monster

That's funny.

The Nation gives this stupid poll weight but when 15 million people vote, they dismiss it.

Thats because they weren't paid or coerced for once.

Not coerced ;)

It was a junta making the poll. And you are not allowed to critizice them.

Seriously, red, yellow, black or white, whatever/whoever the people want. Just put it to a fair vote and get on with life.

Simple and to the point, no getting quotes from papers,wilki etc, making one look knowledgeable. Life can be simple,and the time will come when the junta are not mr nice guys, how simple can that be.

That's funny.

The Nation gives this stupid poll weight but when 15 million people vote, they dismiss it.

Thats because they weren't paid or coerced for once.

Not coerced wink.png

It was a junta making the poll. And you are not allowed to critizice them.

ฺBut you just did, so how is that?

• Like 1

Was I not reading on TVF that if a coup were to occur, the Isaanites would rise up on mass and violently overthrow the junta? But now, that the Shinawat mafia tentacles are being chopped off and the oh-so pursuasive local puuyai baans and kamnans are unable to intimidate and cajole the locals to vote for Shin, we are seeing a logical progression that people don't want the return of Shin. The mouse that never roared?

What you read and what many people said at the time, including me that it was nothing more than rhetoric and sabre rattling, but still it was used as a pretext for the coup. There was even some ardent posters on here who were going on and on about the "call to arms, and that there was militias being formed and 1 million weapons being issued"

It was NOTHING short of jingoism, but people believed it as that what they wanted to believe, there was NEVER a threat of civil war, in some peoples eyes this was seen as a catalyst, but again I said on several occasions, to convince a man to go and die for a cause is a lot harder than recruiting for one.

There was PDRC/Suthep posters here who were alarmist at best, when it was claimed by the reds they were raising an "Army" again, I said it was all a load of crap, and that it was a handful of UDD nut jobs just stirring the shit.

But it was enough to make the Junta believe it was going to happen? I'm sorry but I never bought into that being one of the reasons for the coup. The Military would have had their own Intelligence people in places that would have seen the Army swing into action outside of the Capital.. that didn't happen, there was no huge arrests of the 10,000 militia members with their 1 million guns.... why? because they only existed in peoples imaginations that's why.

ALL warfare is based on deception.

https://twitter.com/reporter_Itsara/status/483076338408890368/photo/1

https://twitter.com/Chu_SpringNews/status/483083109580042240/photo/1

As the BBC would say "we cannot verify the source of these photos'. These weapons are awaiting independent verification as to their source and ownership. More PR to me

Prayuth may be the peoples top choice as the next PM, but there are many others with a bigger voice, that are starting to have huge concerns over the Junta,s "spend to keep the people happy policy ".

I am of course, refering to the money markets around the world that invest their pension funds and hedge fund accounts into places like Thailand.

Can you give us some specific examples?wai.gif

None of my governments (Sweden) pension funds are allowed to invest in a junta ruled country. And even more so when it has been downgraded because of the slave/trafikking labour. Most of the privat banks insurence companies will also follow that rule, even if they can invest here.

None of my governments (Sweden) pension funds are allowed to invest in a junta ruled country. And even more so when it has been downgraded because of the slave/trafikking labour. Most of the privat banks insurence companies will also follow that rule, even if they can invest here.

Although they certainly hold shares in health wrecking big tobacco, alcohol manufacturers and African mining operations which are rumored to use kids and slaves in less than idyllic working conditions. Even if they don't directly hold these stocks their tracker funds and other funds held will. Hypocrisy, much?

Has the SET plunged since the coup? Foreign nations selling shares here on mass would have that effect. If the SET hasn't plunged then it's fair to say there hasn't been a major sell-off.

Was I not reading on TVF that if a coup were to occur, the Isaanites would rise up on mass and violently overthrow the junta? But now, that the Shinawat mafia tentacles are being chopped off and the oh-so pursuasive local puuyai baans and kamnans are unable to intimidate and cajole the locals to vote for Shin, we are seeing a logical progression that people don't want the return of Shin. The mouse that never roared?

What you read and what many people said at the time, including me that it was nothing more than rhetoric and sabre rattling, but still it was used as a pretext for the coup. There was even some ardent posters on here who were going on and on about the "call to arms, and that there was militias being formed and 1 million weapons being issued"

It was NOTHING short of jingoism, but people believed it as that what they wanted to believe, there was NEVER a threat of civil war, in some peoples eyes this was seen as a catalyst, but again I said on several occasions, to convince a man to go and die for a cause is a lot harder than recruiting for one.

There was PDRC/Suthep posters here who were alarmist at best, when it was claimed by the reds they were raising an "Army" again, I said it was all a load of crap, and that it was a handful of UDD nut jobs just stirring the shit.

But it was enough to make the Junta believe it was going to happen? I'm sorry but I never bought into that being one of the reasons for the coup. The Military would have had their own Intelligence people in places that would have seen the Army swing into action outside of the Capital.. that didn't happen, there was no huge arrests of the 10,000 militia members with their 1 million guns.... why? because they only existed in peoples imaginations that's why.

ALL warfare is based on deception.

https://twitter.com/reporter_Itsara/status/483076338408890368/photo/1

https://twitter.com/Chu_SpringNews/status/483083109580042240/photo/1

As the BBC would say "we cannot verify the source of these photos'. These weapons are awaiting independent verification as to their source and ownership. More PR to me

Same pics have shown up in too many media sources for them not to be vetted. Too much media scrutiny for these to be fake.

Seriously, red, yellow, black or white, whatever/whoever the people want. Just put it to a fair vote and get on with life.

Simple and to the point, no getting quotes from papers,wilki etc, making one look knowledgeable. Life can be simple,and the time will come when the junta are not mr nice guys, how simple can that be.

I think history will judge many of the players very harshly. From bottom to top, left to right.

A bit of a conundrum there then, the democratically elected PTP did nothing meaningful to curb the slave and people trafficking, that led to the downgrade, then the coup brings a junta and they do, in fact, start to tackle the problem thoroughly.

So, OK to deal a democratically elected government that turns a blind eye to slavery but not OK to deal with a junta that actually do things to stop it. Basically a choice between an image of propriety and actual progress.

• Like 1

The naivety of some TV members I find quite astounding

Clueless.

They wake up, read The Nation, then embarrass themselves on Thai Visa.

There is no free press.

Read the stuff the Junta doesn't want you to read.

Your, however, free to talk with people. Have you notice a widespread dissatisfaction with the performance of Prayuth among Thais?

A Prayuth, Abhisit and Suthep 1..2..3..hahaha..

Conducted byThe Master Poll of the Thai Researchers in Community Happiness Association clap2.gif

in unrelated news, a poll confirms 99.5 percent of North Koreans are satisfied with Kim Jung-Un.

The naivety of some TV members I find quite astounding

Clueless.

They wake up, read The Nation, then embarrass themselves on Thai Visa.

There is no free press.

Read the stuff the Junta doesn't want you to read.

Your, however, free to talk with people. Have you notice a widespread dissatisfaction with the performance of Prayuth among Thais?

Free to talk? Not really.

I asked a friend her opinion.

"He is good but you can't say the other thing."

• Like 1

Same pics have shown up in too many media sources for them not to be vetted. Too much media scrutiny for these to be fake.

But you Mr moderator who more than once has given his far from impartial 2 cent you know their origin right?

And you don't find it an amazing coincidence that the junta, oh so conveniently, immediate put the blame on the only man who didn't bow down to them Jakrapob?

We aren't allowed to question moderation but we are allowed to question editorial lines and moderators comments unrelated to moderation, so Craig... the ties between Thaivisa and @Pravda @Nationmultimedia are already well know but if you can't resist adding your own opinion straight out of a PDRC facebook fanpage I suggest you resign as a moderator so we can get to hear it or else keep it to yourself..

Edited by firestar
  • Like 1

Hmmmm... can't find any info on the internet about this polling organisation (didn't spend much time on it). And I note that Thailand seems to have more polling organisations per capita than any other country in the world.

That said, the results are hugely suspect, and I wonder if they would have even been allowed to report results of a different slant. Anyway, whatever makes them "happy"...

Free to talk? Not really.

I asked a friend her opinion.

"He is good but you can't say the other thing."

A sample size of one person and she says the general is good. How damning. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

i think people are happy to give Prayuth as PM because when he came out many issues were resolved and he bring peace to us.

So that i agree with this poll to give Prayuth as PM

You have rather low expectation and easy to please. Solving the low hanging fruits like airport, motor taxi mafias etc are not reasons we should hand the premiership to Prayuth. The KPI must first be a people charter followed by reconciliation of the people division, corruption and the economy. Those are the expectation for reason enough to stage a coup and reason enough to have him in the highest government position. At this moment, nothing of the KPI have been achieved and are still very much in the dark.

But you Mr moderator who more than once has given his far from impartial 2 cent you know their origin right?

And you don't find it an amazing coincidence that the junta, oh so conveniently, immediate put the blame on the only man who didn't bow down to them Jakrapob?

We aren't allowed to question moderation but we are allowed to question editorial lines and moderators comments unrelated to moderation, so Craig... the ties between Thaivisa and @Pravda @Nationmultimedia are already well know but if you can't resist adding your own opinion straight out of a PDRC facebook fanpage I suggest you resign as a moderator so we can get to hear it or else keep it to yourself..

Be nice. The same pics were in the Bangkok Post yesterday. We can't put a link here as they won't let us. But I'm sure you can find them on your own.

A bit of a conundrum there then, the democratically elected PTP did nothing meaningful to curb the slave and people trafficking, that led to the downgrade, then the coup brings a junta and they do, in fact, start to tackle the problem thoroughly.

So, OK to deal a democratically elected government that turns a blind eye to slavery but not OK to deal with a junta that actually do things to stop it. Basically a choice between an image of propriety and actual progress.

The junta voted that they didn't like to stop trafikking and slave workers. They where the only country that voted like that. After the downgrade they suddenly care ;)

i think people are happy to give Prayuth as PM because when he came out many issues were resolved and he bring peace to us.

So that i agree with this poll to give Prayuth as PM

It's easy to get things done when you don't have to worry about checks and balances, elections, or laws. It's also worth noting that they've only tackled problems in the civilian sector, not in the military. Perhaps the Thai military is so corruption free and well-run there's no room for improvement.

• Like 1