who are you behind that avatar?

Smurkster

Im Portuguese who learned English form Real Brits from like T.A in the sixties, the generation that didnt get handouts, hence the P.C Lot find my poor spelling and love of Bernard Manning and Enok Powill offensive. .... Em ALL..biggrin.png

• Like 1

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lost my way in 1987 and have not found it since. Not sure how to though I wish I could. Now closing in on 50. Hope I don't live too long. It does not get easier for me anyway!

That's too long man. It's never too late to get help and find your way.

Best to you.

• Like 1

So says the member named "Smurkster" with the profile data:

• AgeAge Unknown
  • BirthdayBirthday Unknown
  • Gender mystery.png.pagespeed.ce.yVEHjFjYy3.png Not Telling

You beat me to it! I was just about to check the OP's profile. Basically he/she is asking everyone to publish details without offering anything about him/herself.

In a previous topic started by him he does say that he lives in Nongbualamphu, is 25 years old and married to a Thai girl.

"married to a Thai girl" in Thailand, does not surprise me. rolleyes.gif

For those who make it to the TV Lounge gig in Bangkok on July 4, will you introduce yourselves using forum name or would that leed to fighting?

Have to introduce myself visiting that Bar to get my discount on drinks, therefore, will never come without my two friends, "Smith and Wesson" tongue.png

• Like 1

And you still cannot spell forty

It was a typo,aah yes TEFL people the joke of the expat community in Thailand .Met a lot of those <deleted> in my time in Thailand.

Ahhh ....yeah... always room for a cheap shot against English teachers. why is teaching such a bad thing here?

I am your worst nightmare. I grew up on a real, very rural, Western US ranch.

To understand me, you need to ride a horse in government timber for 3 days straight and never see another person, road, or building.

Sleep on the ground knowing there are black bears and cougars in the neighborhood because you saw some that day.

Keep your rifle in your sleeping bag so it doesn't freeze.

Wake up when it's so cold you roll over and light the fire you made the night before, so you'll have some heat when you get out of your sleeping bag.

Look for stray cattle and herd them and drive them. Give them a bait of grain at night so they'll stick around. Go find them in the morning if they slip away. They won't go far.

And do it all alone when you're 15 years old.

Yeah ..... we called it camping in Oz

Yeah right. In Oz you, your horse and two pack animals would be dropped off at 5,000 feet elevation, and you'd ride 3 miles and climb another 4,000 feet following deer trails. You'd wake up and it would be 30 F below zero. (62 F below freezing.) That temp is common in the winter.

When you made a big bunch of peanut butter sandwiches for energy for your trip, you'd poke a hole in the middle of them so that after they froze you could still put a stick through them and hold them over the fire to thaw them enough you could eat them.

You called it camping. We called it hard work.

Lost my way in 1987 and have not found it since. Not sure how to though I wish I could. Now closing in on 50. Hope I don't live too long. It does not get easier for me anyway!

Was a bit surprised, could not remember to have written that, but I could have,

describing "my way" only the year figures are a bit different. .

blink.png

Edited by ALFREDO

I am 28, my birthday is September 30th

Make up your mind, you have a different age below

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/703719-testing-waters-for-restaurant-in-nongbualamphu/

Posted 2014-02-12 10:50:49

I'm still really young (25)

He ages just very quickly, in time-lapse. wink.png

yes, that's what happens when you go to the moon and back I guess

• Like 1

Ok, now you, write "forty" in your second language. Or is English your second language? blink.png

"forty"

"for tea"

"4 tea"

"4-ty"

"Fore !(ty)"

• Like 1

I arrived Thailand for the first time when I turned 40 and I'm still in my 40's, so been here for a few years .

I escaped the cold weather and left an angry bird behind. I think it was a Norwegian blue...

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

I arrived Thailand for the first time when I turned 40 and I'm still in my 40's, so been here for a few years .

I escaped the cold weather and left an angry bird behind. I think it was a Norwegian blue...

Norwegian Blue, beautiful plumage.

• Like 2

Hello Miss, was it pining for the fiords ?

SDM

• Like 2

Fought against commies and muslims for most of my life. Was retired through injuries sustained due to service. Life in the UK is pants and there were too many people that I would gladly bayonet for fun. Blair ruined my country and encouraged the old enemy to populate the cities and let the EU take over. Things were pretty desperate and after watching my dad die I figured out life is too short and British women make good mothers but rubbish wives. Came on holiday with my brother and his Thai wife to Thailand. Salvation, binned everything thing I had in the UK and I am now living and loving it here. Love hot and spicy food, hence the Naga Chilli jar.

• Like 1

It was a typo,aah yes TEFL people the joke of the expat community in Thailand .Met a lot of those <deleted> in my time in Thailand.

Ahhh ....yeah... always room for a cheap shot against English teachers. why is teaching such a bad thing here?
I have nothing against bonafide teachers,but most of the lot calling themself a " teacher" wouldn't be allowed near a classroom in a hundred years in my home country.

That's us in the picture....live in the CM area.....discovered Thailand over 5-6 years ago and after coming back one time to see if it was for real and had loved it ever since.......originally from the US - retired early at 57 after spending the last 20+ years before raising a daughter as a single Dad from 3 months of age - unfortunately at the height of her promise and great things taking place in her life she perished in an automobile accident at the age of 26.....anyone that has raised a child exclusively as a single parent knows it's a full time + job leaving quite literally zero time for self if you're serious about doing things right.....

So now it's me/us and my new life......

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 1

I have nothing against bonafide teachers,but most of the lot calling themself a " teacher" wouldn't be allowed near a classroom in a hundred years in my home country.

This ain't your home country...........whistling.gif

This ain't your home country...........whistling.gif

It ain't your home country either Einstein.