Non 'O' marriage extension runs out just before 400K seasoned

Hi there,

My problem is Iv'e been on a one year extension of stay from a non o marriage visa with 90 day reporting, this runs out on the 21 Sept. but my 400K in the bank will be 14 days short of the 3 months 'seasoning' in the bank, (ridiculous rule but TIT) so presumably I need to go to Vientiane to get a single entry non o & extend that back at Kohn Khen, but the money in the bank still won't have seasoned before my visa extension runs out, so will I be able to get a single entry non O from Vientiane without full seasoning of 400k in the bank or have I got to just cross the border & get an ordinary 30 day entry stamp, & then when money has seasoned get the single entry non o marriage & get that extended? & as I won't have an outward bound ticket of any description, as I live here will that be a problem? plus do I need to show them 20K cash at the border despite having a Thai bank book with more than 400k in?

Alternatively is there some way that I might get this fixed at Khon Khen Immigration without having to leave the country? Or should i go to Savannakhet & try to get the non O without showing the cash?

Thoughts would be appreciated thanks....

The seasoning period is not 3 months (it is 2 months) so you will qualify several weeks before expiration.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an
alien must have an average annual income of not less than
40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank
of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses
within a year