NBTC to prosecute RS for not broadcasting all World Cup matches on Free TV channels

webfact

All the bull about matches free . There hasnt been a live game on 5 or 7 at 23.00 . Same old useless thailand . Without the internet it truly would be shitty place to live.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I feel for you. Luckily, I bought a PSI box and set up a C-Band satellite dish to receive the games before the World Cup began. All for a price of around 4,900 baht.

Back to the main point. After the Round of 16 matches are over then the games from the quarter finals onward would be available on Channels 5 and 7. FYI, a Thai news source said that RS would be airing the remaining matches of the Round of 16 at 11:00pm between France VS Nigeria (last night) and Argentina VS Switzerland (tonight) on Channel 11 after receiving public backlash.

Go ahead and turn on your TV on Channel 11 tonight to see the Argentina vs Switzerland game. If there is no game, then it means RS is lying.

I think RS do the right thing because if u want to watch Wolrd cup you need to buy a RS box to watch the world cup on channel 8, But now fishbone antennas can watch the Football through their free TVs. Now we don't need to buy a box to watch World CUP because i think the World cup is the most famous thing now. So Thai people could watch the football for free. IT COOL FOR THAI PEOPLE!!!

1. Do you think RS has legal rights in this case, at this time? Not really clear what you mean. Please elaborate before I can give you a yes/no answer.

Some are arguing that since there is a coup and since there is no government and since the NCPO says (brags/admits) it "suggested" that free-TV of the World Cup be arranged, and since there was no public negotiation and since the TV Pool was not involved and since the NBTC has refused to give details of its payment and since there is no public transparency such as the *alleged* promise by the NBTC to spend public money on this private company... then RS seems to have no legal rights at all here. Do you agree with that view, some of that view, none of that view, etc?

And if you don't agree with it, could we know how you conflate the "independent" NBTC with the military "suggestion" that something happen - and it almost instantly did happen after six years of nothing at all happening?

To put it another way: If RS felt somehow aggrieved - it didn't get its money within 15 days from now, or it didn't get all its money, or it has been put under a military order not to discuss the deal, something like this - do you feel RS could launch a credible lawsuit that the courts would consider? Or do you think the military authorities would "suggest" RS not do that or the military authorities would "suggest" the court not consider such a case? Or do you think some third something else?

And of course you are not restricted to yes/no, the ThaiVisa poster is not your mother. It's merely my feeling it would do. It's your personal Ascii supply; use it as you will.

1. Do you think RS has legal rights in this case, at this time? Not really clear what you mean. Please elaborate before I can give you a yes/no answer.

Some are arguing that since there is a coup and since there is no government and since the NCPO says (brags/admits) it "suggested" that free-TV of the World Cup be arranged, and since there was no public negotiation and since the TV Pool was not involved and since the NBTC has refused to give details of its payment and since there is no public transparency such as the *alleged* promise by the NBTC to spend public money on this private company... then RS seems to have no legal rights at all here. Do you agree with that view, some of that view, none of that view, etc?

And if you don't agree with it, could we know how you conflate the "independent" NBTC with the military "suggestion" that something happen - and it almost instantly did happen after six years of nothing at all happening?

To put it another way: If RS felt somehow aggrieved - it didn't get its money within 15 days from now, or it didn't get all its money, or it has been put under a military order not to discuss the deal, something like this - do you feel RS could launch a credible lawsuit that the courts would consider? Or do you think the military authorities would "suggest" RS not do that or the military authorities would "suggest" the court not consider such a case? Or do you think some third something else?

And of course you are not restricted to yes/no, the ThaiVisa poster is not your mother. It's merely my feeling it would do. It's your personal Ascii supply; use it as you will.

but ... but ... but

"After the agreement was made, the condition was that RS must broadcast every World Cup match on channels 5 and 7."

Just from my sharable supply of 16-bit wide characters wink.png

• Like 1

Point well made, although a bit lengthy here and could be winded down a bit. Regarding the first paragraph, I have to say I agree with none of your views. First off, there is no way that the NBTC would be able to defraud RS by not making any payments to them because after all, RS is the exclusive broadcast rights holder of the World Cup and would not have chosen to air the games on free TV in the first place if the NBTC did not provide some kind of compensation for them. Lack of transparency? Not really in a major case like this where the public is watching.

Remember that the NBTC lost the court case in the beginning to RS? RS won the case and the initial agreement was that RS would show only 22 games out of the 64 matches of the World Cup on free TV channels. However, under the military's intervention, the NCPO has persuaded the NBTC in convincing RS to find some way to make all the games available so that the public would be able to watch it. That some way is the 427 million baht compensation.

The question at this point is when RS would be able to receive all its 427 million baht because the matter has not been finalized or made public yet. What I know is they obviously have been compensated by a certain amount. Of course RS would be able to file a lawsuit if they didn't receive all their money. Somehow, I get the feeling that you're thinking that we live under a military dictatorship under the NCPO and I can tell you that is not the case. They have no power or control on RS and other companies' decisions.

Anyway, there is nothing to worry about at this point. All games beyond the round of 16 will be televised for free.You're making it a bit of a big deal here really.

but ... but ... but

"After the agreement was made, the condition was that RS must broadcast every World Cup match on channels 5 and 7."

Just from my sharable supply of 16-bit wide characters

Same question really: Do you think that RS, realistically, has access to any legal avenues to contest what the "independent" NBTC is currently charging? Feel free to use LOTS of that fungible Ascii (or not, your choice), because in my opinion you could write a lengthy article on it.

The reason I say that is there now is a triangle. At the top is the NBTC, bullying all. Just below it to the side is the junta, madly trying to claw some traction in an already announced campaign to make the NBTC accountable, and losing badly. Third side is RS. Of course the public, which put up that half billion baht for a few football games, had, has and will have no rooster in the fight. But out of the three that are involved, what's your opinion about the LAW here? Is there any law at all? Or just guns?

Anyway, there is nothing to worry about at this point. All games beyond the round of 16 will be televised for free.You're making it a bit of a big deal here really.

Well okay then!! I hope fervently you are right (the "nothing to worry about", not the World Cup, I could care less but probably won't about the World Cup). While I'm hoping, I shall continue my planning in case you're wrong.

In the meantime here is your well-earned Smile Your Way Through Life Award:

post-52815-0-46133000-1404199443_thumb.j

but ... but ... but

Just from my sharable supply of 16-bit wide characters

Same question really: Do you think that RS, realistically, has access to any legal avenues to contest what the "independent" NBTC is currently charging? Feel free to use LOTS of that fungible Ascii (or not, your choice), because in my opinion you could write a lengthy article on it.

The reason I say that is there now is a triangle. At the top is the NBTC, bullying all. Just below it to the side is the junta, madly trying to claw some traction in an already announced campaign to make the NBTC accountable, and losing badly. Third side is RS. Of course the public, which put up that half billion baht for a few football games, had, has and will have no rooster in the fight. But out of the three that are involved, what's your opinion about the LAW here? Is there any law at all? Or just guns?

"NBTC Secretary-General Takorn Tantasith revealed that the Thai people are able to watch the last two Round of 16 matches scheduled to air at 11:00pm between France and Nigeria as well as Argentina vs Switzerland on Channel 11. All other matches beyond the Round of 16 would be televised on Channels 5 and 7, and also Thai PBS as a back-up channel."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/739016-round-of-16-remaining-world-cup-matches-at-1100pm-to-be-aired-on-channel-11/

Having done a poll on the topic using my mathematics background in wishful thinking as scientific base for the validity of the outcome, I can tell you that close to 100% of those Thai interviewed didn't give a toss as long as the matches were broadcasted. With lots of those Thai still using aerials having the matches on channel 5 and 7 is very important.

From a totally (unbiased) Dutch uncle rubl biggrin.png

• Like 1