Nok Air evacuates passengers from flight after one throws a tantrum

webfact

Nok Air evacuates passengers from flight after one throws a tantrum
By Coconuts Bangkok

nokair-waron.jpg?itok=UZK4KWsu
Photo: Warong Dechgitvigrom

Just takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch – just ask budget carrier Nok Air

BANGKOK: -- The airline was trashed by a prominent politico for ordering all passengers off a soon-to-depart flight yesterday after one got belligerent with staff, prompting its CEO to publicly explain what happened.

Nok Air evacuated the passengers of flight DD7825, departing Nakhon Sri Thammarat to Bangkok at 6:45pm, when one male passenger reportedly refused to show his boarding pass at the entrance and shoved past a flight attendant to find his assigned seat, said Patee Sarasin, Chief Executive Officer of Nok Air.

After all passengers were off the plane, security guards boarded to take the angry passenger off for questioning.

The incident was criticised online after Phitsanulok Warong Dechgitvigrom, a member of the former senate on board the flight, complained about it online.

"I think Nok Air’s cabin crew showed a lack of experience by making that decision,” Warong wrote on Facebook. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/07/03/nok-air-evacuates-passengers-flight-after-one-throws-tantrum

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-07-03

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice most posters are doing it Thai-style, piling on the loser.

I admit to failing to comprehend your post.

The man was humiliated, is part of the old government, so is basically beaten. Then everyone beats him up in this forum.

The term is taken from the American football tactic of "piling on" after a player has been tackled. There might be a few players on top of him, and then one or two more will jump on top of the "pile." It's against the rules and is also considered poor sportsmanship.

The Thais do a similar thing in a fight. Many against one with no one coming to assist the underdog.

Edited by mesquite
  • Like 1

Notice most posters are doing it Thai-style, piling on the loser.

I admit to failing to comprehend your post.

The man was humiliated, is part of the old government, so is basically beaten. Then everyone beats him up in this forum.

The term is taken from the American football tactic of "piling on" after a player has been tackled. There might be a few players on top of him, and then one or two more will jump on top of the "pile." It's considered poor sportsmanship.

The Thais do a similar thing in a fight. Many against one with no one coming to assist the underdog.

Why was the senator humiliated? He was not the cause of the problem, he merely made a fuss over the fact that Nok Air cleared the aircraft according to proper procedure.

The senator trashed Nok Air on his Farcebook page only..

edit to add , thanks for the'piling on' explanation.

Oh, thought it was the Senator who was the one who refused to show his boarding pass. My bad. Nevermind.

Edited by mesquite

Even before getting to the end of the story I thought, "Surely sounds like some spoiled local bigwig who isn't used to abide by the rules, a politician perhaps."

And voila!... Warong, a former senator.

Surprise, surprise!

Well done, Nok Air! clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

According to the story it wasn't the irate senator that was causing the problem.

BANGKOK: -- The airline was trashed by a prominent politico for ordering all passengers off a soon-to-depart flight yesterday after one got belligerent with staff, prompting its CEO to publicly explain what happened.

Nok Air evacuated the passengers of flight DD7825, departing Nakhon Sri Thammarat to Bangkok at 6:45pm, when one male passenger reportedly refused to show his boarding pass at the entrance and shoved past a flight attendant to find his assigned seat, said Patee Sarasin, Chief Executive Officer of Nok Air.

The senator was complaining about the way they were ALL asked to leave the aircraft and he posted it on his Farcebook.. Nok Air was Waright the senator was Warong.

Are sure you have the spelling of his name correct - possibly it should be w anchor Edited by Artisi

If the passenger who refused to show his boarding pass was considered a legitimate threat to security, then I can understand Nok Air's actions; however, I often read stories of airlines over-reacting to a rude or grumpy customer. Certainly there are customers who are not pleasant to deal with, but unless it is a legitmiate security threat - the staff needs to deal with them without evacuating a plane full of customers who want to get to their destinations.

• Like 2

If the passenger who refused to show his boarding pass was considered a legitimate threat to security, then I can understand Nok Air's actions; however, I often read stories of airlines over-reacting to a rude or grumpy customer. Certainly there are customers who are not pleasant to deal with, but unless it is a legitmiate security threat - the staff needs to deal with them without evacuating a plane full of customers who want to get to their destinations.

Those so - called difficult people are usually xxxxxxx and should be shown the exit door with no re-entry allowed.

Edited by Rooo
profanity

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think Nok air did a grand job. Yes it's a shame one can ruin it for everyone but why didn't he show his boarding pass? Its a perfectly normal and reasonable request from the flight attendants.
Having read the entire article I commend the coconuts use of the term butthurt. Quite funny. It looks like a passenger might well have had their head up their own rear entrance lol.

As soon as this happens it is regarded as an emergency , verging on Terrorism , the guy should be charged with endangering a aircraft and passengers, in OZ the fine is five grand and or fifteen years max.

• Like 1

As the passenger without the pass had entered the plane it became unsafe needing inspection as he may have bought something not legal onto the plane. To check the plane everyone would have to leave. I agree with this. If however the argument before the plane and no entry was made this would not be needed.

Who is to say what is a legitimate security threat? A passenger refusing to show a boarding pass is a security threat. Nok Air and its staff did the right thing and well done.

• Like 1