90 Days Reporting By Mail - One-Stop Center Frustration

I know this issue has been discussed previously, and it seems that 90 days reporting by mail is at least theoretically possible at some Immigration Bureau offices.

However, I am not sure whether this also applies to my situation.

My visa extension has been issued by the One-Stop Service Center in Bangkok's Chamchuri Square.

This center originally was established to facilitate the visa and work permit applications of bona-fide applicants, e.g. businessmen with BOI privilieges, media correspondents, foreign film crews, etc., the idea being that these people cannot afford to waste an entire day (or longer) hanging out at Chaengwattana.

As a correspondent, I also have always done my 90 days reporting at said One-Stop Center. It's always been a rather swift affair, and I usually was in and out within 20 minutes or so.

However, it appears that this exclusive One-Stop Service Center has now been taken over by a plethora of Thai agents, many of them handling applications for a dozen or even more of their clients, including 90 days reporting forms.

Naturally, this has slowed procedures to a snail's pace. I yesterday did my 90 days reporting in person there. When I arrived at 9.30 a.m. and picked up my cue slip, it said there already were 197 (!!!) people before me. A Thai lady in front of me - obviously an agent - held an entire bunch of reporting forms and accompanying foreign passports, picking up a SINGLE cue slip for it.

I reckon she can't have been the only one, because in the end I had to wait until 2 p.m. (that's 4 and a half HOURS since my arrival!!!) just to have my reporting form processed, which merely took 2 minutes. Over 4 hours to wait to get a 2-minute job done! I felt like sitting on hot coals and was close to throwing a tantrum.

I cannot afford this waste of time, honestly. I am not getting paid for sitting around and playing Cookie Run all day like these Thai agents. On the other hand, I prefer to do my reporting myself instead of shoving 1,500 Baht (50 US$) down the throat of an agent who literally seems to make money by just hanging out. Also, unreasonable waiting times like the one described defy the original purpose of the One-Stop Service Center.

Unfortunately, I've been told by immigration staff there that the One-Stop Center currently does NOT accept 90 days reporting by mail.

Is it possible for me to send in my documents (with a return envelope, of course) to Chaengwattana instead, or am I stuck with One-Stop? I'm really NOT relishing the prospect of tuning up there again for an unproductive day of sitting around, twiddling thumbs and pulling my hair out in frustration.

On a more cynical note, at least the One-Stop Service Center now lives up to its name. It's truly the one and only stop you're going to make there on a given day.

I suspect mail in would be to Chiang Watanna only as they are the official office for Bangkok. One-stop is set up to make it eaisier for those business employees allowed to use it. But currently there are three other options for in-person reporting in Bangkok as both the temporary offices activated during Chiang Watanna closure now accept from everyone. I would give mail reporting a try if you do not want to report in person and if any issue should not be more than 2,000 baht fine in worst case.

Actually believe most of those with multi passports are likely doing for companies rather than as a paid service but regardless they do cause real issues for those reporting in person (they used to be open for anyone using for 90 day reports and recall long waits when they were not controlling multi passport applicants - at times they were being directed to a dedicated officer).

I suspect mail in would be to Chiang Watanna only as they are the official office for Bangkok. One-stop is set up to make it eaisier for those business employees allowed to use it. But currently there are three other options for in-person reporting in Bangkok as both the temporary offices activated during Chiang Watanna closure now accept from everyone. I would give mail reporting a try if you do not want to report in person and if any issue should not be more than 2,000 baht fine in worst case.

Actually believe most of those with multi passports are likely doing for companies rather than as a paid service but regardless they do cause real issues for those reporting in person (they used to be open for anyone using for 90 day reports and recall long waits when they were not controlling multi passport applicants - at times they were being directed to a dedicated officer).

Yes, that's what I figured (i.e. mailing in to Chaengwattana). I might try that next time and will do so well ahead of the due date in case something goes wrong. Thanks for your reply.

As per the multi-passport applicants, the only solution seems to be establishing a separate counter just for them. Regardless whether they are paid agents or actual multinational company HR staff, the inconveniences that lot cause for individuals reporting in person are evidently a real pain in the a**

You must report at least 15 days in advance in BKK if doing by mail. Use registered mail!

Instructions here:

1. Photocopy of passport pages with following pages
    - front page showing name / surname / Passport No., ect.
    - current visa
    - last entry stamp of immigration
    - last extension of visa
  2. Photocopy of departure card TM.6 click to view Example TM.6 card
  3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any) click to view Example document
  4. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47 click to view Example document (Don't forget to sign name.)
  5. Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
  6. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.
    Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to Immigration office

Notice :
    - Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.
    - Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt.
    - Please keep your receipt of your registered mail in case of lost mail.
    - Your document can not be processed if you have passed the 90 days limit. ( You must come to the nearest immigration office or Immigration Division 1 in person to pay fine 2,000 Baht)
    - Waiting for reply mail over 1 month, please contact Immigration Office with your registered mail receipt.

• Like 1

Misterwhisper, how many employees where handling the 90 day reporting? Is there a lunchbreak we have to calculate in?

There were 2 counters open when I arrived at 9.30 a.m. and there was a lunch break from 12.00 noon to 1.00 p.m.

question about the mailing:

Does that mean send it by mail 15 days before, or it should arrive at Chaeng Wattana 15 days before?

And what if you only put a regular 5 baht stamp on your envelope and not a 10 baht stamp? Is the whole thing not going to work?

Must admit I find the 90 day reporting very frustrating I to have sat for over 3 hours waiting for my new slip it seems crazy that in the 21st century one cannot just complete a verification form over the internet rather than taking trips to the office

• Like 1

No, only in BKK do you have more options.

90 day reporting must be doen at the office for the area where you stay. So if you happen to live in BKK but stay at your reporting date in Chiang Mai, you could try and report in CM with proof of address that you stay in CM.

Anyone in Bangkok who wants their 90 day done by an English speaking Thai who I have used 4 times with no problems...please PM me.

He charges 1000 Baht but does two reports for me and my wife for that price. He rides a fast bike...picks up and delivers.

Am I allowed to give his contact info online or only PM?

Just a thought

One Strange Occurrence...

When I use the 90 day service I have given the driver my passport and all forms filled out and gotten them back each time safely

One time CHAENGWATTANA did decline because my signature was in black. They demanded blue????

Just a thought

• 4 years later...

Hi Guys.... any update on the above topic ?  Have they (at Chamchuri) started accepting applications by Post at yet ?     Is reporting online an option?  It never seems to work though...

I too have a BOI visa and my reporting is due next month. I know it is a living hell out there to waste an entire day just report for 90 days.. I use to send documents by post to Chaengwattana but last time they called to inform me that since my visa is from BOI, I'm eligible to report only at Chamchuri.  Just the thought of having to go there again makes me sick in the stomach.... 

Any update on this will be appreciated.  Thanks.... 

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=90days

Not 100% clear but...

Offices accepting notification:

One Stop Center for Visa and Work Permits located at Chamchuri Square Buliding , Floor 18, Phayathai Rd. Phatumwan, Bangkok (Only the specific law)
Services are provided only to foreigners who have already submitted an application for temporary stay in the kingdom of thailand.

Is the online system an option for you?

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

• 2 years later...

I usually use to send mail to CW office but last time they sent the acknowledge slip back with a remark that next time I must contact Chamchuri only.  Which means CW will not accept 90 days reporting by mail for BOI visas.  Online reporting system obviously does not work... never will.  

Net result... have to waste one full day at Chamchuri for this silly work.

38 minutes ago, Navin said:

Online reporting system obviously does not work... never will.  

It does work for many people. Did mine online on Sunday.

When doing the report there is box to tick for the one stop center so they are sent to them on page 2 of the report.