Missing 13-year-old Thai girl found dead, murderer arrested

webfact

Missing girl found dead, murderer arrested

7-8-2014-10-27-42-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The girl who went missing from on an overnight train from Surat Thani to Bangkok on Sunday was found dead near the rail tracks in Pranburi district of Prachup Khiri Khan province early Tuesday. She was initially suspected to be raped and thrown out of the running train.

A suspect, an outsourced railway employee who catered to servicing passengers on the bogey, was arrested and later confessed to raping and killing the girl, identified only as Nong Gaem.

The body of the 13-year-old girl was found five metres from the tracks.

Wanchai Saengkhao, a 22-year-old bed-sheet replacement employee of a company outsourced by the State Railway of Thailand, confessed Monday night to raping and killing the girl, before throwing her body off a window of a sleeper car of Train No. 174.

He was flown to Pranburi Tuesday morning to reenact the crime amid protection by a hundred of police for fear of being mobbed and assaulted by angry residents’

Earlier yesterday the girl’s relatives went to Hua Hin where a train bed sheet and a blood-stained T-shirt had been found near a track.

The naked body of the girl was found in a thick grass field five metres from the southern track and about two kilometres from where the railway crosses the entrance of the Pran Buri forest park in Wang Pong sub-district, Pran Buri district.

The relatives and rescue workers took about two hours trying to find the body in the dark and found her early today.

The suspect, Wanchai, said he had taken methamphetamine since the train had left Nakhon Si Thammarat province and drunk beer with friends in the fourth sleeper car while the victim had been on the third car of the train.

After the drinking, he walked pass the girl’s bed and opened a window of the non-air-conditioned sleeper car of the girl so that the wind blocked the noises before attacking her. After raping the girl, he killed the victim and threw her body off the train while it was approaching the Wang Pong station.

He then threw the blood-stained bed sheet and the victim’s clothes out of the window while the train was passing the Nong Kae station adjacent to the Wang Pong station.

The body of the girl was admitted to Police General hospital in Bangkok for autopsy late today.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/missing-girl-found-dead-murderer-arrested/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-07-08

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a shameful world we live in that this sort of crime exists. What makes it even more shameful is, this pile of human waste will most likely not be dealt with fittingly. Nothing but a slow and painful death is even half way suitable for such vermin, unfortunately its likely the best we can hope for is he gets beasted for the rest of his natural.

I know these types of crime exist everywhere, but I don't remember ever reading about them as much until moving here.

R.I.P little one and condolences to the poor family.

• Like 1

Lucky it was not my daughter and lucky I did not witness it.

You would be reading about me on TVF the next day otherwise.

No need for that. Simply hire a sniper to take the guy out at the re-enactment.

No muss no fuss, and your wife would still have a husband... That is what

I would have done.

• Like 2

Posted Today, 05:55

LATEST DEVELOPMENT

Missing teen 'still alive'

The Nation

IMHO this post should be removed. The event is bad enough without terrible reporting.

Agreed! It led me up the garden path, and I apologise profusely for earlier comments. :'(

The guy in Hua Hin who said he saw her needs serious questioning too!!!!! How futile a new report, which one minute says this, and then the next minute says that.

Then again... this LOS is indeed the land of inconsistency... good work reporters... George, you must be very happy with this reporting.. and coverage.. me thinks not!

Blessings to the girl. Not so sure about the story still.

this is areadful situation that a young girl who was it seems raped and murdered by a drug taking alcohol drinker who should in trurth never have been employed .

The lax attitude of the management that allows alcohol to be consumed by employees at work is indeed shameful as is the lack of any character background check on employees of the S.R.T. and no doubt other organisations too who come into contact with the traveling public in very personal situations.

Trust was expected and trust became lust and murder.

May the poor child find peace and also her family may they be able to overcome their grief.

indeed a fatal mishap of perhaps falling under a train at the crime re-enactment scene might well be a poetic piece of justice for the murdering rapist.

With all due respect, how does one do a character background check on a Thai employee? Police don't have a massive system, or majorly linked server, as the West is crass in Thai opinion.

Trust and lust happens in any country, as does murder over such.

What is not fitting here is the darned lack and insensitivity of the reporting... one minute assumed dead... next minute seen alive, and we're all (as caring citizens) are given hope. Then, to be told, she's dead and was thrown off the train in the exact area the BIB had said they had searched............ apalling reporting.. Disgraceful reporting.

As for the little faggot, he'll get his Karma.

Lucky it was not my daughter and lucky I did not witness it.

You would be reading about me on TVF the next day otherwise.

No need for that. Simply hire a sniper to take the guy out at the re-enactment.

No muss no fuss, and your wife would still have a husband... That is what

I would have done.

Thats too easy and too quick justice for this man. I, like others ops, think this man needs to suffer slooow and painfully. The torture both physically and mentally would have been terrible for her. The man needs to feel what he made that girl feel tenfold. Let him get raped in prison and then let the grieving family and mobs have their way with him.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Is there any way we can chip in some bahts, and get the 22 yr old a full size, full color naked tattoo of Heidi Klum in her prime inked all over his back? That and getting him put in the cell wing with all the hideous HIV infected male rapists, and we are getting some way towards a proper and fitting punishment for this lowlife. I only hope he has the intelligence and thought capacity to understand exactly what he did, and exactly what will happen to him.

• Like 1

What a terrible thing to happen to anyone especially a child. I can't put my sorrow in words. Rest in peace little one. Condolences to the family.

Methamphetamine in dope form is a scourge that needs eliminating along with the people manufacturing it. No punishment is severe enough or lengthly enough for this lowest form of life piece of scum that commited this heinous crime.

• Like 2

How does a family ever recover from knowing what happened to this young girl?

I don't think I ever could.

...but I also know that somehow, someway, I would get my hands on her killer if it was the last thing I ever did.

I am so sad for the her family and friends.

• Like 1

In one report, SRT governor Prapat Chongsa-nguan is quoted:

"In the immediate future, Mr Prapat said CCTV cameras would be installed in about 50 rapid and express trains to step up security for the passengers. But all new trains will be equipped with the cameras, he added."

Mr Prapat, why does it take the chilling murder of a lovely young girl for you to take action? Why are you and your slack bunch of directors being reactive instead of proactive? CCTV should have been installed and regularly serviced in all trains, especially passenger trains, years ago. It's not bleeding rocket science.

RIP Nong Gaem.

• Like 1

i just dont want to tell you have much related s*** i have seen go down on these trains. being a long time border runner i seen a lot of trains.

remember you have to add this one to the sattahip schoolgirl in the news recently too.

they are out of control the thai young men and have been for years now.

Edited by score keeper

related

Death penalty suggested in cases of rape and murder

BANGKOK, 8 July 2014 (NNT) - Facebook users have set up an online group proposing the death penalty against those responsible for committing rape and murder. The page now boasts at least 6,000 members online.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/740956-thai-facebook-users-suggest-death-penalty-in-cases-of-rape-and-murder/

• Like 2