Murder of Thai teen: SRT employee says he was drunk when he inflicted crime

webfact

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being drunk doesn't excuse you from a heinous crime. Death is to quick for this animal. 25 lashes with the cat-o-9 tails would be better followed by a hangman's noose.

All you anti capital punishment people sicken me. Are you stupid enough to think that after a few years in gaol this parasite will live a life straight and true and feel remorse for what he did.

I'm all for the death penalty, but it is too easy for the wrong person to get executed, especially in Thailand. If it can be proven beyond all doubt, ie caught doing the crime, then by all means execute him/her.

• Like 1

Kaem's relatives tried to hit Wanchai when he showed up for a press conference at the Pran Buri Police Station yesterday.

Is that all?

There wouldn't be enough police in the station to stop me from ending this monster.

Not hard to grab a gun off a policeman's belt and put six into him.

A missed opportunity...

First, lets point out that you are not in their shoes and you did not just lose your daughter to a violent assault so who are you to judge their actions.

And how exactly would your suggestion benefit the other two daughters and mother who need a caregiver and a strong man to help them in their grief? Hard to make a living in prison for murder.

Huh.... I have 3 young children... two of them daughters, and I can safely say that if I were in that police station and the that killed my 13 year old walked in, I would not be standing calmly by thinking about being a shoulder of strength for my family... No way would I be able to hold myself back, and I don't think I would be in prison for too long under the circumstances.... do you???

Besides, I think my family and everyone who knew me would applaud that rather than denounce it.

If you have young daughters you would understand, as I understand what there father must be going through.

You don't have to walk in another man's shoes to know what they must be going through and what they would want to do to this monster.

And there is a huge difference between "want" to do and do.

I applaud the father's self-control and his focusing on the greater good.

What the hell are you talking about 'I applaud the father's self control'..... How do you know he didn't try to get hold of him to wring his scrawny little neck????

The report says relatives tried to attack him.

Chances are the father (if there) would have tried to kill him. How do you know he didn't?.... were you there??? Or you just talking crap to hide behind?????

He wouldn't go to prison if he killed this monster, he would get charged and bailed which many people would be happy to pay for him, and likely walk free from court on the grounds of temporary insanity on a suspended sentence.

In my opinion, if he didn't.... then he is no real man.

A real man would be out to avenge his daughter's murder.

Let's hope he uses some of this compensation to pay someone in prison to put this prick in the temple fire.

Edited by lostsoul49
  • Like 2

Kaem's relatives tried to hit Wanchai when he showed up for a press conference at the Pran Buri Police Station yesterday.

Is that all?

There wouldn't be enough police in the station to stop me from ending this monster.

Not hard to grab a gun off a policeman's belt and put six into him.

A missed opportunity...I have 3 young children... two of them daughters, and I can safely say that if I were in that police station and the that killed my 13 year old walked in, I would not be standing calmly by thinking about being a shoulder of strength for my family... No way would I be able to hold myself back, and I don't think I would be in prison for too long under the circumstances.... do you???

Besides, I think my family and everyone who knew me would applaud that rather than denounce it.

If you have young daughters you would understand, as I understand what there father must be going through.

You don't have to walk in another man's shoes to know what they must be going through and what they would want to do to this monster.

And there is a huge difference between "want" to do and do.

I applaud the father's self-control and his focusing on the greater good.

What the hell are you talking about 'I applaud the father's self control'..... How do you know he didn't try to get hold of him to wring his scrawny little neck????

The report says relatives tried to attack him.

Chances are the father (if there) would have tried to kill him. How do you know he didn't?.... were you there??? Or you just talking crap to hide behind?????

He wouldn't go to prison if he killed this monster, he would get charged and bailed which many people would be happy to pay for him, and likely walk free from court on the grounds of temporary insanity on a suspended sentence.

In my opinion, if he didn't.... then he is no real man.

A real man would be out to avenge his daughter's murder.

Let's hope he uses some of this compensation to pay someone in prison to put this prick in the temple fire.

You are being hysterical.

Try to calm your emotions and behave reasonably.

Your accusations are baseless.

Edited by ClutchClark

UPDATE:

Police object to bail for rapist, murderer
By Digital Content

14049757953842.jpg

BANGKOK, July 10 -- Police early Friday took Wanchai Saengkhao, accused of the rape and murder of "Nong Kaem," to court and objected his temporary release on bail as they initially charged him on four counts including assault and murder, sexual assault, robbery, and drug abuse.

Mr Wanchai, 22, was taken by police in Pran Buri district of Prachuap Khiri Khan province to court in Hua Hin district.

He was taken for a re-enactment of the crime at Wang Pong train station in Pran Buri on Wednesday.

The 13-year-old girl victim had boarded a railway sleeper car in the southern province of Surat Thani with family members on Saturday bound for Bangkok.

Her body was found early Tuesday morning and the suspected rapist was apprehended.

Mr Wanchai, employed by the State Railway of Thailand to make beds in sleeper carriages, reportedly told police that he took the girl from her bed, raped her and pushed her out of the running train.

He also threw away her clothing and the sheet of her bed along the railway track between Wang Pong and Khao Tao stations in Hua Hin district.

The initial autopsy at the Police General Hospital found that the victim had a wound in her head and scratches on her body.

Meanwhile, police in Nakhon Si Thammarat searched a house owned by Jinda Pantarak, identified by Mr Wanchai as the seller of the methamphetamine pills he consumed before committing the crime.

Police found a .22 pistol and six cartridges inside Ms Jinda's house.

She reportedly told police she had sold the drug to Mr Wanchai on two occasions.

She was detained on charges of illegally possessing a firearm, and police said they would continue investigating her in relation to drug trafficking. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-07-10

I'm tired of reading that Thais have a Facebook page demanding execution for this sort of crime. They have to do a little more than mince on FB to make penalties for this sort of crime a lot tougher.

Thais live on Facebook.........the stupid government ran on Facebook........they'll protest...but only if they get paid...sometimes it's so pathetic!

• Like 1

He was drunk; standard response from Thai males when they inflict an assault crime.

It is often used as a defence in UK, probably the US and most of Europe also.

"He was in drink, M'lud"

Quite frankly if a crime is committed whilst under the influence of drugs or drink, the penalty should be at least doubled because of the culprit's total irresponsibilty.

RIP to the poor, poor girl. First trip on a train for her brought terror, pain and death not the excitement a youngster should have enjoyed.

Sincere condolences to her family, and especially to her sister who did nothing wrong, but blames herself.

• Like 2

When I was 7, I rode a train, solo, often, in the suburbs of France. I'm glad there weren't such sickos there at that time.

More to the point: Thais are aware of things around them. If you pick a booger from your nose in a public place, chances are a half dozen Thais will be aware of it. How is it not one person was aware of the girl being accosted? Knowing how Thais avoid involvement in uncomfortable things (or anything which would compel another person to 'lose face') - it's somewhat understandable.

Recently, there were two separate stories of little girls taken away by strangesr and raped. There was cc footage of it. Again, why didn't any of the dozens of pedestrians nearby notice or do anything? At least ask the man what he was doing? or, better yet, ask the girl. Don't be satisfied with a simple smile and 'sabai dee. Mai pen rai' from the man.

Part of being a member of society is watching out for others, at least peripherally. If I see something going on which seems very odd, I step in to at least inquire. That's very un-Thai.

Once, I was in the States, traveling with wife and 3 kids. Our 11 year old girl had a big bruise on her forehead. A stranger approached us and asked "why does that girl have a large bruise?" If I was Thai, I would probably get offended and angry at the stranger for interfering with my family. But I'm farang, and I fully understood that he was checking up on possible abuse. It turned out the girl was playing baseball the day before, and her elder brother had swung the bat backwards and unwittingly hit her in the head, while she was crouched near him as the catcher.

• Like 1

There are those who call for the death penalty and there are more enlightened people who realise that the death penalty is barbaric and belongs to another era. In my work with learning disabilities (ie people with mental health problems) I discovered that 70%+ of prisoners are on the autistic scale. I have been inside prisons in Denver and the UK and spoken to prisoners, 'tutors', warders and so on. I know for the lowbrows here who only see one solution (the hang 'em, flog 'em lobby) that it is difficult for them to broaden their world view and understand that not all people are cast from the same mold. It's interesting, eh, how those with physical disabilities are cared for and sympathized with, but those with mental disabilities are condemned. Sadly, some people with mental disabilities commit ghastly crimes against their fellow human beings: whether this is the rapist/murderer on the train or people who attain positions of power (Thaksin, Saddam, Bush, Hitler etc) and their ability to process 'normal' behaviour ( ie the behaviour that we expect in society so that the whole show runs smoothly) is sadly diminished. Understanding the process, the disabilities and so on, leads most reasonable people to a different conclusion. Indeed, those of us who are 'normal' may possibly breathe a huge sigh of relief ('There but for the grace of god go I') because there is a thin dividing line between what we may call on the one hand 'sanity' and on the other 'insanity'. In my view, and certainly the view of prominent psychoanalysts, those who call for draconian measures (stoning in public, hanging in public, shot or injected with powerful drugs) do so from an inbuilt fear. These calls do not come from any rational thought process. In saying all of this, no one would argue that these people should walk free (although many are) but an enlightened society should understand the threats and make provision accordingly in order to create a safer society. That doesn't mean prison, though it might mean secure villages or something similar. So less of the ignorant comments please and a bit more rational thought.

Contrary to repetitive bleats from the pro-execution lobby, the death penalty does it act as a deterrent. In England people used to pick the pockets of spectators at hangings of pick-pockets. When that idiot was committing his horrible crime, the last thing he was thinking about was being caught and imprisoned or being executed. Decent logical folk with no substance abuse habits & proper self control would be deterred by fear of death but they don't commit these crimes And in fact in the USA and other places, the states with the death penalty usually have the highest murder rates. The standout example was North & South Dakota, I believe. One executed, the other did not. The executing state had the higher murder rate. At some point they independently swapped execution stances, and within a few years the murder rate followed. The state that introduced the death penalty had an increase in murder rate and the state that abolished it dropped. Also, too often people are convicted of murders they did not commit. But execution is final and the number of people executed in the USA who are now being posthumously pardoned by DNA evidence is frightening. That said, some murderers are never going to be safe to release, and life should mean life, not 8 or 10 years as in many countries.

I agree. I don't believe that the fear of the death penalty effects the judgement of normal people when they decide to rape or murder.

Crossing a moral boundary doesn't have much to do with fear for ones own life.

• 2 months later...

Just been sentence to death. Amen to that.

Let's home this filthy animal actually gets to meet the executioner and isn't commuted at the appeals court. And let's hope he gets his medicine sooner rather than later.

Let's home this filthy animal actually gets to meet the executioner and isn't commuted at the appeals court. And let's hope he gets his medicine sooner rather than later.

Has he been sentenced to death already ? That's nice to know.

Edited by pasak

Yep. The court at Hua Hin handed down the sentence just this morning. Very good news indeed.

Where did you get the news of his death sentence from?

Thai language newspaper. I am out of country ATM but I would guess it is all over the news there.