Dilemma!

Hi all, after some advice please...

Wife's mum bought a brand new Mitsubishi Mirage last year on finance, how she managed to get finance is anyone's guess! She pays roughly 7000 baht per month.

Were moving to Thailand in a few weeks and she will be coming to live with us, I did say I would take over the vehicle as we would need one, however to be honest if just won't be big enough.

I have the following queries... Can she offer it for sale so someone can just take over finance payments? Can she rent the car out? Send the car back? Burn it? Remove the roof and grow plants? Etc etc

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks

Any/all of the above as I understand, pick one that's best for you.. Might want to hide the burning part though, insurance may have a few questions about that.. Roofless planter might be a bit of an expensive consideration too IMO and still requires payments to be made. Common for Thai's to rent out their cars to make the payments, insurance coverage is suspect though, if crashed or stolen and they suspect rental, stolen rentals is a very real concern in Thailand.. Sending the car back is possible but will result in credit black ball, not advisable if other options available.. Offering for sale with a slight down payment if one so chooses or just for the balance to get out from under quicker and then take over finance is possible but requires credit approval from the finance company/bank for the new owner.

Edited by WarpSpeed