Dentist in pattaya that puts you to sleep

2008bangkok

Well my 5 year old urgently needs to go to the dentist for a filling, took him there on Tuesday and he got scared bless him and wouldnt do it despite all our efforts and talkking to him for 30 mins, we took him away and over the night talked again, after the promise of him being brave we toook him again and the same thing wouldnt do it.

So now the only option i see is to find a dentist that will put him to sleep and do it then, i would love another option but thats the only one i can think of.

Is there any dentist in Pattaya that will knock the patient out like they do in the UK?

Thanks

go to bumrungrad where they have dentists who did 3 year residency in pedodontics and thus know how to deal with children. you need to be stronger with your child

I cannot be any stronger with him than i have been, if he is scared(first time) then there is not alot can be done, iv now resorted to no drinks, no play with ipad and other stuff see if that works

We used Bangkok Pattaya hospital- They have a female childrens dentist (sorry dont recall the name but she might be the only one. We moved on because they are a bit costly).

I do remember she was great with our 6 year old at that time. My daughter actually loved going there).

The dentist in Memorial puts something (a kind of herb) on the place which is going to be stinged with the "huge" needle for local anesthetics, so even the needle can't be felt.

I'm not a 3 yo, but probably as scared of this profession as your son.

• Like 1

go to bumrungrad where they have dentists who did 3 year residency in pedodontics and thus know how to deal with children. you need to be stronger with your child

I cannot be any stronger with him than i have been, if he is scared(first time) then there is not alot can be done, iv now resorted to no drinks, no play with ipad and other stuff see if that works

You should not punish him for being afraid ...

Stronger is more decisive, take over control. The Bangkok hospital in Pattaya has 1 or 2 children dentists, they will know how to deal with him. If you think you cannot handle it, don't go in the room with him.

• Like 1

Stronger is more decisive, take over control. The Bangkok hospital in Pattaya has 1 or 2 children dentists, they will know how to deal with him. If you think you cannot handle it, don't go in the room with him.

Thanks but im looking for advice on dentists not parenting skills

• Like 2

Thanks but im looking for advice on dentists not parenting skills

Sometimes you even find what you're not looking for ... lucky youwai2.gif

• Like 1

They will put you to sleep at the BPH dentistry, but it costs around 27,000 baht per hour. I know because I did it twice 2 years ago while having work done that I really didn't didn't want to be awake for!. There's medical tests involved first before they'll do this, so the actual cost is more. And it was worth every Satang!. Another option they have at BPH is Nitrous Oxide which might be a better alternative if we're just talking about a filling. No idea how effective this is or the costs. Next option would be a sedative pill. I know for a fact they'll do this at Pattaya International and would think at BPH as well. All of this is for adults though, not sure if they'd do the same for kids.

One thing for sure though is you need to get your little boy through this in a positive way, laying the law down and being hard is not the way to do it. There's a lot of people out there with extreme dental phobia that stems from bad experiences as a child, me included.

• Like 1

I have since found out even in the UK they have stopped that..

Rightly so. Why introduce unnecessary risks to the patient.

Nothing to do with whether it might harm the patient. They are too scared of being sued if anything goes wrong.

We used Bangkok Pattaya hospital- They have a female childrens dentist (sorry dont recall the name but she might be the only one. We moved on because they are a bit costly).

I do remember she was great with our 6 year old at that time. My daughter actually loved going there).

Recommend Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital as well, very good and experienced with kid and adults.biggrin.png

Just had major dental work done which needed 16 injections over 2 days and I hated them.

So asked a few other dentists about a sedative and they all said that they were not allowed to do that now, BUT Bangkok Phuket hospital could administer nitrous oxide to make it much less painful...........try the Bangkok hospital in Pattaya and see how you go.

No experience as i am scared myselflaugh.png

But as suggested by some people, may be Children department at a major hospital or see who uses happy gas.

Not a parenting lesson, but from memory my mother promised to give me what i loved if i went., try thatsmile.png

Punishment is no way to treat a child who has a fear of the dentist, I agree with the BM take him to BKK.

I am with the two earlier posts regarding why is a filling needed in deciduous 'baby' teeth? Is it causing pain now? Which tooth is it is important.

These will all start falling out soon (from front to back) and it's the next set of teeth that will need the extra care and attention. Having said that, the deciduous molars (most likely to have caries) will probably still be there when the kid is nearer 10 or 12 years old as they are the last to be pushed out by the real teeth.

The dentist in Memorial puts something (a kind of herb) on the place which is going to be stinged with the "huge" needle for local anesthetics, so even the needle can't be felt.

I'm not a 3 yo, but probably as scared of this profession as your son.

Probably a Clove, you can use oil of clove too.

It is also good for relieving tooth ache.

I concur with post #24. Regardless of the arguments for and against of using sedatives on children, a hospital is the only place that you should even consider having it done. I had a procedure under General at Phyathai Sri Racha and I have nothing but praise for the people who did the work. More than I can say for the some of the other hospitals mentioned on this thread.

At the dentist, where would be the 'fallback' if something went wrong?

Hi guys, he actually gonna need a root canal because of the problem with going to the dentist, the reason for this is that it's the back tooth and the lady recons that these are kept until they are about 10 before permanent ones come through.

I ask myself also why he needs this treatment because I make sure that both my kids brush twice a day but I guess that nowadays either sweets are getting a lot more sugary or the thai food is, I remember eating my fair share of sweets and not needing this.

It is a worry because part of being a kid is eating sweets and crisps but not if it has this effect

• Like 1