DogNo1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you on dial up then?

biggrin.png No, I've got a 17 Mb/s link but my old netbook is slow to install, reboot, get even more updates, reboot, and so on.

It actually took about 3 hours.

Where's the middle finger smiley? laugh.png

<snip>

Another program, free, Windows Powerpro

http://www.windowspowerpro.com/

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/powerpro.html

makes deskbands look sick, it can do so much and better. Really incredible collection of useful functionalities. You can put a custom toolbar on the titlebar of any particular window if you like. I've used it for many years; it's always running in the background on all my machines. Downside is a learning curve, but it's simple enough once you understand how it works. Aesthetically it can fit well w/ a minimalist style such as I use (http://winplayboy.deviantart.com/art/Shiki-Colors-for-Windows-Seven-286727353).

Excuse my French, but I just installed PowerPro and saw that it could minimise tasks to the System Tray, rather than to the Task Bar - which is what I do in XP using a program called "Tray It!"

So I set it to minimise "CrystalDiskInfo" to the System Tray and, after I did that, my immediate reaction was:

"F*** me it's done it already. F***in' h*ll!" biggrin.png

If it does all the other things it is supposed to do as easily as it did this, then this is a real gem of a program! thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I really, really hate windows 8 so I still use windows 7 on my ultrabook and desktop.

Until they bring a windows with desktop oriented os, I will keep windows 7.

So they have windows 8 with desktop huh? You click a jpeg file and it opens in metro interface, no way to close it easily unless you have a touch screen and/or use gestures. I wasn't offended by some crappy OS in my whole life until I decided to try Windows 8.

I really, really hate windows 8 so I still use windows 7 on my ultrabook and desktop.

So they have windows 8 with desktop huh? You click a jpeg file and it opens in metro interface, no way to close it easily unless you have a touch screen and/or use gestures. I wasn't offended by some crappy OS in my whole life until I decided to try Windows 8.

Use a third-party image viewer and associate the relevant image file extensions. Here's one I use: http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

Microsoft, itself, is an outdated over bloated, hole riddled, virus infected mess.Expect Android and Linux to overcome the MS network. Bill Gates had his time in the sun, but I think it is pretty much over, unless they come up with something new. Repacking the same old stuff with patches, add ons, fixes, and updates is like taking a fat lady to a buffet.

Most new laptop in Thailand are pretty loaded with Linux now.

Just bought a acer switch 10 10.1 screen for travelling.

Not bad original windows 8.1 and original office /power point /excell

And the Asian model has a 150 gig HDD in the keyboard.

Also pulls of has a tablet.

16,000 baht.

Never liked ipads

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Use a third-party image viewer and associate the relevant image file extensions. Here's one I use: http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

I never needed to fix anything in win7. You click a jpeg in desktop and it opens in metro without a close button!

Btw I bought Asus T100 with Win 8.1, as a tablet it is terrible. As a laptop, it is fine except some problems with win8.

I never needed to fix anything in win7. You click a jpeg in desktop and it opens in metro without a close button!....

This was/is valid for the outdated Win8 versions but now obsolete with Win 8.1.

(Like most of the other complaints, which are based on non updated Win8 versions)

MS did a good job on Win 8.1 so far.

If I were not too lazy, I would replace my Desktop Win 7 immediately.

But even a clean install, with all the following updates and reboots can easily last a few hours. coffee1.gif

Not to speak off all your necessary Programs, settings, etc.

Win 7 is a very good OS and will be supported until 2020.

But on a new machine, I would always install a genuine Win 8.1 which will most likely get a free upgrade to Win 9.

Microsoft, itself, is an outdated over bloated, hole riddled, virus infected mess.Expect Android and Linux to overcome the MS network. Bill Gates had his time in the sun, but I think it is pretty much over, unless they come up with something new. Repacking the same old stuff with patches, add ons, fixes, and updates is like taking a fat lady to a buffet.

If you think Linux is secure you are living in a dream world.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app