I have tried adding my Thai bank debit card to my PayPal account which I used to use in the UK. However there is no option to change country from UK to Thailand. I did actually Google 'PayPal Thailand' and it took me into an English language local page. However when I logged on it seemed to put me back to the UK one. Anyone come up against similar before? I am trying to avoid paying Western Union fees every time I send money home. Thanks :)

Sent from my TRUE BEYOND 3G using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You will have to open a new account with paypal Thailand, preferably using a new email address because each email address can only be linked to 1 paypal account.

and it would be against their policy....

You will have to open a new account with paypal Thailand, preferably using a new email address because each email address can only be linked to 1 paypal account.

No it wouldn't.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/article/?solutionId=FAQ1056&topicID=OPENING_OR_CLOSING_AN_ACCOUNT_HELPHUB&m=TCI

Can I have more than one PayPal account?

Yes. You can open one PayPal account for your personal use and if needed, you can also open a separate account for your business. However, your business account can’t use the same email address as your account for personal use.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/helpcenter/helphub/article/?solutionId=FAQ762&topicID=&m=ARA

Can I have multiple PayPal accounts?

Yes. You can have one Personal account and one Premier or Business account. You can add more email addresses, debit or credit cards, and bank accounts to your account, but each account must have its own email address and financial information. You can also upgrade your Personal account to a Premier or Business account.

Edited by JesseFrank

It's not against their policy as has already been pointed out.

With Paypal, your email address is also your payment address. You can't have one payment delivered to more than one Paypal account but you can have more than one Paypal account. It's OK.

Edited by 96tehtarp

As I understand it:

You can have 1 of each type of PayPal account. Each of them can use multiple email addresses, as long as they are not used on other accounts. Each Paypal account can only operate in one banking domicile.

i.e You can have 3 email addresses that link to your personal UK PayPal account, and 3 email addresses that link to your business UK PayPal account. You can not use the same email addresses for both. They are both UK accounts, so neither can have a Thai bank account attached to it.

Edited by CMSteve

This is kind of a moot point now as it won't accept my debit card from Kasikorn. I suspected as much as its got Electronic Use only stamped on it. Annoying.

This is kind of a moot point now as it won't accept my debit card from Kasikorn. I suspected as much as its got Electronic Use only stamped on it. Annoying.

Does this mean that they won't accept a Debit Visa account linked to a simple Bangkok Bank passbook savings account?

I've had a US based PayPal account that I had infrequently used but when I needed to use it last week and attempted to replenish the account; all sorts of new documentation was demanded.

Your UK account will not accept any credit or debit card registered outside the UK. A Thai Paypal account will also only accept Thai bank accounts and credit cards from Thai banks.

I have used both bangkok bank savings account and kasikorn bank savings account both with basic cards with no problem.

Hi Charlie did it say "Electronic Use" only on it? If so I'm confused as to why mine hasn't been accepted. That said I think the online decision came from my back as opposed to PayPal.

Your UK account will not accept any credit or debit card registered outside the UK. A Thai Paypal account will also only accept Thai bank accounts and credit cards from Thai banks.

Hi Jesse I set up a Thai PayPal account and tried to add a Thai card. To no avail.

Do you need a Thai bank account to start a Thai Paypal account? My USA based account has been frozen multiple times and it's making me crazy. Paypal support said to open a new account in Thailand if I am spending so much time here... So apparently that is OK by them.

I know I need a new bank account and email for the second account but can I use one of my other US accounts? I'd rather not set up a Bank account in LOS.

I know this isn't paypal support, just curious is anyone has dealt with this. Thanks.