Man named Shelby Mustang GT500 Miller arrested

webfact

Man named Shelby Mustang GT500 Miller arrested

DES MOINES, IOWA: -- A MAN whose parents somehow named him Shelby Mustang GT500 Miller has been arrested in Des Moines, Iowa. And not because of his name.

Mr Mustang GT500 Miller, 26, caught the attention of local police after apparently getting embroiled in a fight at the Cheap Seats Sports Bar about 1am, The Des Moine Register reported.

After discussions with police, Mr Mustang GT500 Miller left the premises with two friends, authorities said.

But he did not leave the issue there. Police said he returned to the bar with a small axe.

Full story: http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/man-named-shelby-mustang-gt500-miller-arrested/story-fnh81jut-1226985742453

news.com.au.jpg
-- News.com.au 2014-07-11

The Portuguese surname Silva is quite common where I spent most of my life before coming to Thailand. One day, while driving on business with a friend, the issue of unique names arose after discussing a man with the first name of Psalmsdannythomas. He told me about three sons in a family with the surname of Silva who were named: Sterling, Quick, and Hi Ho. I told him that he was putting me on. A week later he showed the obit in the local paper for Hi Ho.

• Like 1

And this is on ThaiVisa for what reason?

I had a topic removed once because it was about something in the UK and I was informed that it was not Thai related. So, why is this topic here?

Because this is the World News section.

• Like 1

I know an American Indian who told me his father gave him his name while scanning the horizon for ideas .. his name is - 2 dogs <deleted> cheesy.gif

This joke is expanded upon rather well by the author Sir Terry Pratchett, see http://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/index.php/One-Man-Bucket .. "I would have given my right arm to be called Two-Dogs-*Fighting*!" smile.png

I know an American Indian who told me his father gave him his name while scanning the horizon for ideas .. his name is - 2 dogs <deleted>cheesy.gif

This joke is expanded upon rather well by the author Sir Terry Pratchett, see http://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/index.php/One-Man-Bucket .. "I would have given my right arm to be called Two-Dogs-*Fighting*!" smile.png

One of my favourite authors. 2/3 of the way through the Discworld series. Only about 15 books to go. A very funny man. Sadly he is suffering from Alzheimer's now.

I know an American Indian who told me his father gave him his name while scanning the horizon for ideas .. his name is - 2 dogs <deleted> cheesy.gif

But then go rob a bank and you would be a one armed bandit. tongue.png

I'd think twice about telling him he had a funny name from his appearance and fondness for an axe.

There is the former England rugby player and commentator called Austin Healey. I think his brother was named after a car too.

Once worked with a Filipino inspector named "Ah &lt;deleted&gt;" on a course in the UK. He never saw the joke.

I had a conversation with a South African lady at one time. The question of surnames came up. She told me of a family named Dick. Not that unusual as I knew people in Australia with the same surname.

Unfortunately this particular SA family called their daughter Ophelia

The Portuguese surname Silva is quite common where I spent most of my life before coming to Thailand. One day, while driving on business with a friend, the issue of unique names arose after discussing a man with the first name of Psalmsdannythomas. He told me about three sons in a family with the surname of Silva who were named: Sterling, Quick, and Hi Ho. I told him that he was putting me on. A week later he showed the obit in the local paper for Hi Ho.

I knew some people called the Cases.

They named their son Justin.

Kinda cruel...... :(

But then go rob a bank and you would be a one armed bandit. tongue.png

No. That's a slot machine :)

In school during my youth, there were 3 sisters in one of my classes... They were named, Spring, Summer and Autumn... Last name was Mountcastle...

Had a friend once who had a friend who had a friend who knew somebody else who swore he went to school with a chap whose last name was Hole. In fact his whole name was Ronald Charles Hole and it wasn't until he signed a cheaque that the cruel joke he parents had played on him became apparent.