what does your day consist of?

pigeonjake

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When at home, wake up around 4AM, make some fresh coffee and do emails and internet stuff until around 6AM when I go ride my bike for an hour. Come home and wake up wife and son and get his breakfast together and help him with his homework if we didn't get around to it the night before. Take him to school then back home and home improvement projects potter about or go do 'mens shopping' (you know, home improvement, power tools and car stuff), then have brunch or lunch with the wife. Go see some friends in the afternoon and depending on who picks the lad up from school (or how many beers I have had), either go cycling or swimming or shopping. Sometimes eat out but usually we all eat at home. Help with homework (maybe), do reading lessons (always) and maybe some internet time and cigars and port before bed. Weekends, we maybe all go fishing together (they fish, I drink), or beach time (they swim, I drink), or sometimes I will do a daddy's special for dinner (they eat, I drink). A cigar and a glass or two of wine, maybe a Blanton's (or two) nightcap.

When at work, wake up around 4AM, inhale coffee make 'reports', sign time sheets, do "the rounds" and stay awake for as long as possible, grabbing naps based on operational expediency, use the gym, eat sporadically and 'differently' (dinner at 6AM sometimes) and try and be an island of calm in a ocean of mayhem, 24/7 for 35-days or so. Ahhh... the oil patch.

• Like 1

In the morning, I go around the house and garden, pushing the buttons on the controls I stole from the farang's house.

Then I go to the fridge, watching the ants going around.

After I listen to the mysterious sounds coming from my attic.

Then I go to TVF to read which Thai lady cheated that innocent farang.

Sometimes I go to Tesco to see if I can find that miserable git again.

In the afternoon, I keep thinking, why am I here in Thailand? am I happy? How long have I been here? If I wasn't here where would I be? What has Thailand offered me? and other philosophical questions........

Finally in the evening, keep thinking, how well I know the Thais? do I follow Thai culture? Are Thais shorter or taller than farangs?

Then take meditation and go exhausted to bed.

No making love with the wife?

you should ask this question in the pattaya forum, i am really curious to hear their answer...

They'll probably going to say going to bars, drink, bring a bar girl home, play with her, then sleep all day, then go back to do the same things again the next night and the night after and after...

• Like 1

Reading some of the stuff you post, i would have guessed you are the " what i really do"w00t.gif

I won`t deny that this is the way it has gone for me over the years.

This has nothing to do with age, because I`m not too old and still fit but social has become one of the most expensive pass times in Thailand over the years and being what I guess applies to many of us, I have to live on a budget. My family and I still live very comfortably but I just cannot afford to do all the wine, women and song activities like I could 10 years ago or more or even 5 years ago. So I have become a more stay at home person not really by choice but more by necessity. So there you have it, I am being honest and open.

I am still waiting for someone to invite me to their sex, rave and rock and roll party, but I think the invite got lost in the post.

• Like 1

you should ask this question in the pattaya forum, i am really curious to hear their answer...

They'll probably going to say going to bars, drink, bring a bar girl home, play with her, then sleep all day, then go back to do the same things again the next night and the night after and after...

How do you know What I do? You don't look familiar.

In the morning, I go around the house and garden, pushing the buttons on the controls I stole from the farang's house.

In the afternoon, I keep thinking, why am I here in Thailand?

am I happy?

How long have I been here?

If I wasn't here where would I be?

What has Thailand offered me?

and other philosophical questions........

Finally in the evening, keep thinking, how well I know the Thais?

do I follow Thai culture?

Are Thais shorter or taller than farangs?

Has that been a topic recently here?

Dear Costas ... I didn't notice as Waing in there ... shame on you.

Did no-one call you a Farang?

Maybe you are planning your baht bus songthaew trip tomorrow ... make sure you pay the correct fare!

I have total of 15 dogs. 1 disabled guy, 2 senior citizens and the rest are in their prime smile.png

i would settle for my own seat biggrin.png

Also, i have almost just as many catsfacepalm.gif

Was not really a choice, all rescue. some found on the road after being hit by a car, some after being belted by a drunk , some were just in the middle of the road, etc.

Would not recommend it for anyone, but in truth, would not give up any of them, as have bonded very strongly, especially with those who were between life and death.

At the moment, fighting to save a little kitten, found in the back of the office, Appears someone kicked him really hard, back legs broken and i believe urinary tract also ripped.sad.png

I see you in a different light after reading that ... thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

How do you know What I do? You don't look familiar.

What? I guess I was not so memorable. We met at the walking street, don't you remember, just kidding, 555. Anyway, those are what I thought of the life in Pattaya for the foreign men.

In the afternoon, I keep thinking, why am I here in Thailand? am I happy? How long have I been here? If I wasn't here where would I be? What has Thailand offered me? and other philosophical questions........

Finally in the evening, keep thinking, how well I know the Thais? do I follow Thai culture? Are Thais shorter or taller than farangs?

Costas, totally brilliant post. It's not within my powers to restore the Elgin Marbles to Greece ( I like 'em anyway and look at them when I eat my lunch!) but I am prepared to bring you over a decent kebab on my next trip...or kleftico maybe smile.png

And if you could give back my cousin his remote control I would really appreciate it.... if not you can't really blame us for stealing the Elgin Marbles ?

Early morning - Sleeping

Late morning - wake up by sloppy BJ, then some morning rumbling

Early afternoon - few hours of nap

late afternoon - hit the Gym

Early evening - hit the bars, start drinking and punting

Late evening - Chose my special lady for the night

Early night - First, second and third rounds

Late night Fourth and fifth round

Early morning - Sleeping

Repeat

Repeat

Something like this.

• Like 1

1 am take a pee

4 am wake up coffee x 2

4 20 am take a dump

421 wash hands

423 reboot router

429 reboot computer

440 turn on aircon

443 log on to TV

446 make some smart ass reply

447 make another

449 and another....

Edited by bkkjames
  • Like 1

Weekday for me,

6am - wake up.

7am - drive to work.

8am - arrive at work.

5.25pm - finish work.

5.30pm - drive home.

6.30pm - arrive home.

6.30pm - fiddle around at home.

10.30pm - go to bed.

Weekend,

wake up, do as little as possible then go to bed when I feel tired.

<deleted> Im glad I retired at 46!

right 6,55 time for me to see to the pigs,

see you all later,

jake

big bonus i get fresh duck and chicken eggs everyday, but the wife will never let me eat this mornings eggs, she said will give the chickens and ducks hot asses,,

just remember this is thailand, so ill eat yesterdays,,

Excellent, another sly, passive aggressive dig at people in pattaya. Sorry your royal thainess, we're not worthy.
  • Like 1

Excellent, another sly, passive aggressive dig at people in pattaya. Sorry your royal thainess, we're not worthy.

Please do tell what do they do all day? Go to temple and meditate?

I have total of 15 dogs. 1 disabled guy, 2 senior citizens and the rest are in their prime smile.png

i would settle for my own seat biggrin.png

Also, i have almost just as many catsfacepalm.gif

Was not really a choice, all rescue. some found on the road after being hit by a car, some after being belted by a drunk , some were just in the middle of the road, etc.

Would not recommend it for anyone, but in truth, would not give up any of them, as have bonded very strongly, especially with those who were between life and death.

At the moment, fighting to save a little kitten, found in the back of the office, Appears someone kicked him really hard, back legs broken and i believe urinary tract also ripped.sad.png

I see you in a different light after reading that ... thumbsup.gif

Thanks David, hope its not fluorescent lightstongue.png

• Like 1

im back,

lets not start fighting,,

no gym for me lifting 30kilo bags of pig feed about is enough,

pattaya will allways be different there is more to do there, round here we make our own fun, and god it is fun,,lol

jake

great answers, not one mention of golf,

and heres me thinking all you lucky people who dont have a farm play golf,,

never mind,,lol

jake

I do -from time to time- tee off in our backyard garden.

But at the end, I spend much more time looking for lost balls rather than improving my swing...

• Like 1

I doubt very much whether any farang in Pattaya is spending any time at all having sly little digs about the activities of anyone else tbh.

great answers, not one mention of golf,

and heres me thinking all you lucky people who dont have a farm play golf,,

never mind,,lol

jake

I do -from time to time- tee off in our backyard garden.

But at the end, I spend much more time looking for lost balls rather than improving my swing...

i was the same mate, if i hit one good shot a round i thought ide done well, but i could live on that shot for a week,,lol

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Reading some of the stuff you post, i would have guessed you are the " what i really do" alt=w00t.gif>

I won`t deny that this is the way it has gone for me over the years.

This has nothing to do with age, because I`m not too old and still fit but social has become one of the most expensive pass times in Thailand over the years and being what I guess applies to many of us, I have to live on a budget. My family and I still live very comfortably but I just cannot afford to do all the wine, women and song activities like I could 10 years ago or more or even 5 years ago. So I have become a more stay at home person not really by choice but more by necessity. So there you have it, I am being honest and open.

I am still waiting for someone to invite me to their sex, rave and rock and roll party, but I think the invite got lost in the post.

" but I just cannot afford to do all the wine, women and song activities like I could 10 years ago"

BJ, when I was at that stage, I gave up singing, it helped for a while..............................tongue.png

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

That's what I used to do, but that was 15 years ago..................sad.png

My temples were spread out a bit then, but most visited were those on Soi Yamoto, Soi Post Office, Soi 8, Beach Road, Pattayaland Soi 2 and occasionally Walking Street.

tongue.png

Fulfilled my marital obligations for 2014, back in May on my birthday.

Next one 2015......must not overdo it.........thumbsup.gif