rainy season?

stevehaigh

Half hour journey took twice as long as normal this morning. Mostly due to people being too scared to drive through 2 inches of water and therefore crossing into the opposite lane blocking oncoming traffic.

I'd guess its situation normal for rainy days here.

Half hour journey took twice as long as normal this morning. Mostly due to people being too scared to drive through 2 inches of water and therefore crossing into the opposite lane blocking oncoming traffic.

I'd guess its situation normal for rainy days here.

I remember a story a year or so ago when a tourist tried to drive through a puddle of water in Patong.

He ended up having to strip down and duck dive with a rope to retrieve his rented bike from a 10 foot deep hole. I think he found another bike when he was down there!

But I know what you mean about motorists here almost coming to a halt to manoeuvre past small puddles and potholes. It can be very annoying.

I've never witnessed such bad weather in Phuket as we are seeing right now. Full storm right now.

I think it was just as bad 7 years ago today.

RIP 90 passengers of flight 269.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-Two-GO_Airlines_Flight_269

That is a sobering reminder. I remember the weather that day, I was looking from the same balcony. Seemed much worse today. But that's just my uninstrumented observation.

One of the problems I got during this stormy time. I have been without ADSL line for the past 3 days. I think I might have found the problem.

Some of my nerdy friends suggested that I should place a 9 volt battery to my home end of the phone cable. Then go to check with a voltage meter which pair of cables gives 9 volts eg is connected to my home. After finding the correct pair, connecting that pair using a bit of phone cable to the other part of the broken main line cables. That should give me my Internet back.

As the cables are now hanging on eye level, the project would be well within possibility to actually do. Hmm.. :)

2014-09-16%252017.34.53.jpg

The woods which have been holding the lines to the poles have been past their best before time for a long time. Now long part of the line is dropped down almost to the street level. Some parts of the cable is fitted with ropes to the poles.

The ISP has to do a good amount of work to fix everything back to acceptable level. It will take same time. I already asked for the compensation and the customer care said they will include my request to the case once the line is finally fixed.

The line has extra loops, which are to give extra length of the cable so they should be able to fix the cable without replacing the whole couple of kilometers of the lines. I wonder how they will do it - solder each pair back together and then put some insulators between the cables?

I've never witnessed such bad weather in Phuket as we are seeing right now. Full storm right now.

I think it was just as bad 7 years ago today.

RIP 90 passengers of flight 269.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-Two-GO_Airlines_Flight_269

That is a sobering reminder. I remember the weather that day, I was looking from the same balcony. Seemed much worse today. But that's just my uninstrumented observation.

The weather was much worse day as I remember as well LIK. The rain was so heavy and the wind was blowing it vertically. I was not too surprised that a plane crashed that day... On that note, I flew out of HKT to BKK yesterday morning. At least it was a Thai Airways 777. Partly cloudy there.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a hell of a rain storm blow through Kamala this evening. We were out for a walk, but it turned into a swim.

Phuket forum a little dull lately, but that's all I got.

Time to milk the chickens...Cluck

Edited by Shot

The surprise was the rain storm rushed in from the east. Confused me as I was looking out to the west and wondered where the black clouds were coming from. Had to check on the rain radar site to see the rain movement. Lasted about an hour, electric was twitchy for the first 15 minutes then we lots it completely for over an hour. Twitchy again after it came back on.

When I first came to Phuket, it was a start of November. I remember how very polite the weather was as there was always a 5 minute warning before the rain. First came the winds and soon after it started raining.

Right now I noticed, first colder air. Outdoor temperature dropped 1 celsius to 28C within a minute. After couple of minutes the winds started and I could see the rain front coming from the east. It's going to hit Eastern coast within a minute or two. Now 27C and dropping.

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely horrendous rain here in northern Chalong, road outside my house flooded which is the worst I've seen in nearly 7 years of living here. Thankfully still below house level.

I can only imagine what it's like on the main roads at the moment, and I'm amazed we still have electric and internet.

Absolutely horrendous rain here in northern Chalong, road outside my house flooded which is the worst I've seen in nearly 7 years of living here. Thankfully still below house level.

I can only imagine what it's like on the main roads at the moment, and I'm amazed we still have electric and internet.

my daughter just called, the school bus can't make it to town, she's coming home.

barely a drop south of the circle AGAIN.this is the 3rd heavy ran storm in the last week where its stopped dead at the circle. weird.