A brutal attack and praise for the efficiency of the Samui police force

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when does this case go back to court?....does anyone have any info?

Supposedly. Earlier this week however their passports were returned and they were ordered to return to Thailand by September 3rd.

So when does this case go back to court?....does anyone have any info?

Supposedly. Earlier this week however their passports were returned and they were ordered to return to Thailand by September 3rd.

So I take it if they don't come back then there shall be a warrant for a few years then the case shall die

• 4 weeks later...

So I was just advised that both attackers are due to report to Samui court on September 3rd. I'm unsure what time. This came from a friend at Interpol who are waiting to see if they do infact return. They suspect that the attackers will return as they are receiving a great deal of pressure from their new universities in the States. They are also looking into a new character a Japanese New Zealand girl deeply entwined in their alibi. From the sounds of it - very seriously too. No longer are they just focusing on the two attackers, All three seem to have made an appearance in interpols' hot 100 now. We shall see ! Sounds as though Samui police are plenty busy with this the two other attacks that ended in fatalities and then again another last night I am told ....

No updates.

Obviously, this hasn't happened. It looks like it maybe has been swept under the carpet.

• Like 1

Just an update:

Purdue University has suspended Ryan Yunshang Wang for one academic year and has been told to vacate the University, with an eligibility to reapply to the university the following year. Ryan has to meet several conditions including the completion of a lengthy written assignment, a personal responsibility/anger management/decision making course, and a re-entry interview. Purdue stresses that readmission to the university is not a guarantee through this process......

Read more on:

https://www.change.org/p/cornell-university-and-purdue-university/u/8272760?tk=7rmldhIOUZ20Zvib1CbbUg4lHRNN52wQWXCuzRkz4WU&utm_source=petition_update&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=petition_update_email

Thank you for the update. Please keep on posting and keeping us informed.

• Like 1

Interesting. I have often thought about this case while following David and Hannah's so closely.

I do know that interpol are still watching three people in regards to this case, but had not seen any updates.

This is perhaps a good time to have happened I would have thought as we will surely see how another of these three islands responds to this attack through the judicial and political system of Samui.

Will try and do some digging on this situation again I think...

Bravo Purdue ! An institution not only after the dollar it seems - amazing decision and a fair one I would suggest.

• 2 weeks later...