Has anyone been with a possessed Thai person?

reenatinnakor

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother thinks he is a chicken.

Why don't you take him to a psychiatrist?

I would, but we need hte eggs.

Sure, old joke, - this is actually a fascinating subject. I have heard of some amazing incidents from very credible people but never witnessed anything paranormal first hand. The problem with making judgements on this is that there are so many many many quacks out there, that reality needs a good bit of sorting.

• Like 1

''A total athiest non believer'' You dont believe in Athiests.

''I don't believe in ghosts, God, spirits, karma, a giant boat that can save all the earths animals ...I just don't believe!!''

I can see why you would confused, after accepting that possession is possible, and still not believing in God and ghosts.

Do you believe in Split Personality disorder, or Dissociation Identity Disorder, more commonly known by its old term Multiple Personality Disorder? I find it easier to accept there is a Supreme Being AND people suffering from D.I.D. No confusion in my mind.

Yes indeed, I was with a possessed person in Thailand for many years; in fact she became more possessed as time went on.

By the time we parted company, she possessed two houses, an RV and several runabout BMWs, tens of designer handbags, hundreds of rai of prime golfing land and a top-of-the-range Westinghouse refrigerator-cum-freezer/ice-maker.

She also possessed a shocking temper.

You almost got me to believe you at the first sentence.

I understand the feelings of the writer here . I was brought up in the Church of England protestant faith , though neither of my parents could be called

devout. Before I left England I was Patron of three parishes , where my great grandfather had built the churches . For a long time I have had my own

opinions about religion , today I consider myself Agnostic . My Thai wife is a moderately devout Buddhist , but from time to time goes to the temple to

consult the monks . I used to go to the temple with her and try to go through the motions of devotion . I feel so uncomfortable performing any religious

ritual that I cannot do it anymore . I have never seen anyone posessed , it would upset me if I did ! I do not see the Buddhist religion as related to

Buddha's philosophy ; whereas I may appreciate the philosophy , I do not think much of the religion . On several occasions my wife has sought advice from monks and what they have said was total nonsense and not true at all . Buddhism aside my wife is a very good kind person , I say to her ," You're the most Christian person I know ". " Love Thy Neighbour As Thyself "!

• Like 1

This is very common in the North, it often happens at offering/spirit dance ceremonies & is more of a pre-buddhist/animist belief. It generally has nothing to do with black magic and the spirits usually seem OK & not harmful, although I've heard they can stick around too long or that they can be the spirits who are unhappy because they can't "settle," in which case intervention might be required.

• Like 1

There's no such thing as 'possession', however there is such a thing as mental illness. Mental illness does not always manifest itself as a raving looney but more often as a low level set of beliefs which affect the everyday life of the person so affected. And yes, I am a doctor.

This may or may not be anything to do with mental illness. Of course, that doesn't mean we're dealing with the supernatural. The human mind is capable of some pretty amazing things, especially when it comes to convincing ourselves we are something we are not. Schizophrenia and multiple identity disorder would be on the mental illness side of the spectrum. But then things like hypnosis can be applied to perfectly normal people... the example here might even qualify as some form of self-hypnosis. We may simply have a highly suggestable person surrounded (perhaps pressured) by people who support the belief.

I had a tribal wife in Borneo who went out to the field with the local witch costor's wife and came back possessed and remained so for 3 weeks. Wasn't terrifying at all, just plain annoying as the spirit would not let her sleep (me neither).

Eventually, after panning her off for a day or two in between with some friends and family so i could sleep, I manged to get the spirit gone simply by having her dance and tell it to go herself. That episode took about 3-4 hours one afternoon. She was never possessed again, to my knowledge (haven't been with her in 10 years now, nor did she have psychotic episodes prior to this experience or an history at all of mental imbalance, drug use, etc.. The spirit spoke to me, told me it's name, etc. etc.

That's life eh?

• Like 1

My 12 y/o Thai stepson was possessed in January this year after we had return from our holiday on the farm in Huai Thalaeng near buriram. 3 weeks of strange things went on with him eg always biting his lips,singing songs I have never heard him sing, sleeping all day after sleeping all night,seeing men with guns on our roof coming to steal his mum away..We live Australia and he was starting high school grade 8 . the first day he walked out of the class and turned up at home , the teacher did not know what he was doing. He did not remember doing this. I took him to the Doctors. While we were in the room with Doctor he got up and walked out the door. I grabbed him and he said we have to go home they're coming to get Mum. My wife rang the family back in Thailand and they talked to the local Sharman. He said the Child Spirit Kuman Thong had possessed him. Google Kuman Thong and read up on it.Most shrines in Thai homes have these little dolls which are made up of Gold or silver and the ash remains of babies that die and have not yet been accepted to Buddhism , like they are in Limbo , like the Catholic religion. It took about 3 weeks for him to return his normal self.We had to play special prayers all night like chanting Monks.

Very scary ordeal, The Thai's believe that this spirit was not being cared for at someones shrine and decided to possess my son. It is believed that this spirit plays all night in his mind at night making him tired next day.

I have kept this to myself until now that this topic has come up. Ask your Thai wife about Kuman Thong.

Edited by thommo46

It is funny how ghosts and spirits almost always possess people in countries that are largely uneducated. In my home country where virtually everyone is educated to some level, noone seems to get possessed. I therefore think it is reasonable to conclude that if you want to avoid getting possessed, just get an education biggrin.png

Another "trick" is to become an atheist. ghost and spirits very rarely if ever possess people who do not believe they exist.

• Like 2

I'm a Master Mystic and have been investigating the Unknown since 1964. If Soul is real and exist eternally, then your soul possibly could exist before you were born this incarnation and after your material body dies, so if this is fact, then where does your soul go, or where is your soul at during the time after you die and are reborn?

Posession could be from a earth-bound soul, stuck between two dimensions (earth and the hereafter), or a very negative low vibration entity could be entering the person. As far as earth-bound souls are concerned, I exercised on in Anderson Indiana that died in a underground railroad basement, by using a certain mystical practical application taught in the Mystery Schools.

Finally!!! Some constructive replies and comments. Thanks for that.

If all you can reply is your wife is possessed then a punchline.....yes it's amusing, but predictable. And that I have no testicles because I go to temples with the missus.....yes, that's amusing also, but maybe I can't have testicles and am a transexual? Shouldn't judge people, especially on a Buddhism forum right? :-)

All I am saying is that I'm not a believer in the supernatural but it's not the first time I have seen this act of spiritual possession with a Thai and this time it happened with a close friend of the family and in my car. I'm pretty sure it's not an act and just wanted to hear other people's experiences of such things. Have been on youtube but most of those videos look fake. Has anyone got any phone footage? Pm me!!

I found this on the internet also for those still interested. It's a complete dissertation!! Obviously someone is interested in this as much I am and not just make predictable jokes about it.

http://archiv.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/volltextserver/8423/1/Dissertation_spirit_mediumship_2008.pdf

• Like 1

I'm a Master Mystic and have been investigating the Unknown since 1964. If Soul is real and exist eternally, then your soul possibly could exist before you were born this incarnation and after your material body dies, so if this is fact, then where does your soul go, or where is your soul at during the time after you die and are reborn?

Posession could be from a earth-bound soul, stuck between two dimensions (earth and the hereafter), or a very negative low vibration entity could be entering the person. As far as earth-bound souls are concerned, I exercised on in Anderson Indiana that died in a underground railroad basement, by using a certain mystical practical application taught in the Mystery Schools.

At the risk of sounding cynical, may I venture a couple of questions?:

What is a "Master Mystic" and what are "Mystery Schools"? These seem to be very generic terms.

What's this got to do with Buddhism?

Umm....it happens at temples, it happens in front of monks, it happens after they finishing chanting or during. It's about something to do with spirits or being spiritual....I'm not really an expert but am pretty sure Buddhism is something to do with spirits.

Have you ever been to a temple??

At the risk of sounding cynical, may I venture a couple of questions?:

What is a "Master Mystic" and what are "Mystery Schools"? These seem to be very generic terms.

I am a Master Shaman, and my brother is half orc, he has been since 1986.

Edited by monkeycountry

I'm a total atheist non believer, I don't believe in ghosts, God, spirits, karma, a giant boat that can save all the earths animals ...I just don't believe!! I only participate in the girl friends temple ceremonies because she forces me to and when my eyes are closed and palms together I am thinking this is total bullshit, this ain't going to make nice things happen to my life!

​First of all, if you are in a relationship where your girlfriend forces you to attend ceremonies at the temple that mean nothing to you, either you want to go, or you have been emasculated to the extent that you cannot say no. One of the great joys of living in Thailand is being able to say NO! I do not want to go to temple. You can go. If you keep on insisting I go, I will pack up your crap, and you will leave the house today. Never be afraid of ushering your woman to the door. It is a cure all for all types of ills. Do as Bond would do. Would he really let his girl push him around like that? Man up. Do the right thing. You have zero obligations to accompany her to temple. And yes, I think possession is a very real thing, and not something to be trifled with.

Well before in England - I didn't want to visit the white in laws either for Xmas dinner or any sort of dinner and in the US I didn't want to go to all that Thanksgiving bullshit or Independence day crap....what's your point?? That I should never do anything I don't want to even out of respect and to keep the peace or to find out more about other peoples cultures?

I'm a total atheist non believer, I don't believe in ghosts, God, spirits, karma, a giant boat that can save all the earths animals ...I just don't believe!! I only participate in the girl friends temple ceremonies because she forces me to and when my eyes are closed and palms together I am thinking this is total bullshit, this ain't going to make nice things happen to my life!

​First of all, if you are in a relationship where your girlfriend forces you to attend ceremonies at the temple that mean nothing to you, either you want to go, or you have been emasculated to the extent that you cannot say no. One of the great joys of living in Thailand is being able to say NO! I do not want to go to temple. You can go. If you keep on insisting I go, I will pack up your crap, and you will leave the house today. Never be afraid of ushering your woman to the door. It is a cure all for all types of ills. Do as Bond would do. Would he really let his girl push him around like that? Man up. Do the right thing. You have zero obligations to accompany her to temple. And yes, I think possession is a very real thing, and not something to be trifled with.

Well before in England - I didn't want to visit the white in laws either for Xmas dinner or any sort of dinner and in the US I didn't want to go to all that Thanksgiving bullshit or Independence day crap....what's your point?? That I should never do anything I don't want to even out of respect and to keep the peace or to find out more about other peoples cultures?

Not at all. But you do it cause you want to do it, not cause you are dragged there by a petulant girlfriend. Be willing to say no. She will admire and respect you for a show of strength and willpower.

Spidermike007

What's this got to do with Buddhism?

Umm....it happens at temples, it happens in front of monks, it happens after they finishing chanting or during.

So does urination...

It's about something to do with spirits or being spiritual....I'm not really an expert but am pretty sure Buddhism is something to do with spirits.

The Buddha never mentioned them at all.

Have you ever been to a temple??

Yes.