Images of people and their bicycles in Thailand(please include at least one bicycle and one person)

Ron19

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ TD...these guys are simply great. Used to see many of them in SEA back in the 70's

but nowadays see only a few. Back in the war days GI camo didn't work too well out in

the bush because it really didn't match the surroundings. But there was this old guy...

like the one in your pic but much older...who would dye our camies black for about

a dollar a set. Took a day for him to do it and when you got em back the black didn't

run. Then we'd grab some GI Green & GI Brown spray paint & invent our own patterns

using the paint sparingly. Our new camies worked!

Had a couple pair of shorts fading (navy blue) whe in Kampooch for the 40th anniversary

earlier this mionth & saw a feller with a moto & the burner/cauldron going full blast.

Handed him me shorts, picked em up the next afternoon, cost $4...inflation I guess...

and had the shorts washed. Colour didn't run this time either. "New" shorts...yahoo!

Edited by sunshine51

^^^ TD...these guys are simply great. Used to see many of them in SEA back in the 70's

but nowadays see only a few. Back in the war days GI camo didn't work too well out in

the bush because it really didn't match the surroundings. But there was this old guy...

like the one in your pic but much older...who would dye our camies black for about

a dollar a set. Took a day for him to do it and when you got em back the black didn't

run. Then we'd grab some GI Green & GI Brown spray paint & invent our own patterns

using the paint sparingly. Our new camies worked!

Had a couple pair of shorts fading (navy blue) whe in Kampooch for the 40th anniversary

earlier this mionth & saw a feller with a moto & the burner/cauldron going full blast.

Handed him me shorts, picked em up the next afternoon, cost $4...inflation I guess...

and had the shorts washed. Colour didn't run this time either. "New" shorts...yahoo!

I might have to try that with some light colored shorts I have. Problem will be finding the guy as he roams from village to village and I he is in a different place every time I see him. I bet the locals will know where he is though.