Where to exchange GHS to THB?

I'd say it is pretty difficult, since there is no wholesale market for GHS outside Africa. This means that if a bank or other exchange would accept it, then they would be stuck with it. You have to hold on to the money until you travel to Africa and get it changed there.

Alternatively, you could go to Suvarnabhumi and try to find people travelling to Ghana, and try to exchange the money with them.

Edited by koo
  • Like 1

rolleyes.gif I had to look at this post because I couldn't figure out what GHS was.

I have no idea where you can exchange that currency.

The only possibility that I can imagine is at the airport.... because they might have travelers coming in and leaving from/to Ghana.

That is about the only place I can imagine.

Not for you only but......

Travelers ..... Never leave your own country without exchanging at least some money into at least one of the top 3 easily convertible currencies......U.S. Dollars, British Pounds, or Euro.

Seriously.

I've worked in a dozen countries over my life, and each time I left one of those countries, I made sure I had one of those 3 easily convertible currencies with me.

rolleyes.gif

Looks like the new cedi is falling off a cliff this year - up from 2.30 to 3.25/$1.00 since January. Very unlikely you will get any decent rate from anyone other than those actually travelling to Ghana in the near future.

Reminds me when I was working in Ghana in the 80's. The rate plummeted from approx. 6.00/£1.00 to 180 /£1.00. Subsequently it totally hit the skids and an equivalent rate, as at today for the old cedi, is in excess of 30,000/£1.00. Not quite in the Zimbabwe league but bad enough.

Made for an inexpensive night life - great memories of Le Reve and Premier Lodge in Accra. Not quite as wild as Gurley Street in Monrovia in 1979/80, but certainly enjoyable!!