Going down the Ed Visa route

The test will be carried out at the department of immigration when you get your three month extension and extension will be denied if you do not pass the test. This is what already happens in an informal way.

Have also heard (Rumour) but rules regarding Non O marriage are going to change in regard to reporting of finance and more house visits.

As the OP said at #1, and as I reported at #25 from my test last week, it is NOT at immigration, this is a MoE test at their office, at least for people in BKK
Was it anyone from Pattaya ever tested?

I am thinking study for a year before I get married...

I am thinking go for english or thai..

I am polish so I can study eng.

Personally i would like to learn thai cuz got thai gf etc...

But simes there is less problem with eng.

Confused and i have to choose by mon.

Pattaya...

I am beginning my 2nd year of student visa (waiting for paperworks to be completed by my school), I'm learning thai in Walen school.

The first year (actualy it's 15 months, but whatever) I was never tested. Not at my school, not at immigration (envery 90 days).

When I wanted to take a new year, I was tested in my school. I have not been back to immigration since then, because I'm waiting for the paperwork to be finished by walen, so I don"t know if I will be tested by a officer, or what.

The test in my school was 15 questions asked by a staff member. I didn't understand all the questions, and I didn't know how to answer to all the questions.

I was asked to show I can write my name in thai (some kind of phonetic transcription. if your name is john, you should wirte "จอน", this kind of stuff to make the sound "jon")

And I was asked to read about 10 words in thai. Simple words, as : I, book, chair, language, study, etc. etc.

Reading and writing is quite "easy" (with some mistakes of course) after 1 year of studying, but understanding a thai talking is quite still difficult. If you don't know one main word of the sentence or the question, you're screwed. For instance a question was : how many provinces in Thailand ? I didn't know the word for province -- จังหวัด // "jang wat", so I couldn't get it, no matter how many times she repeated it.

But if you just want to study one year, and if the same rules applied to me also apply to you, you will not be tested during the first year.

In the example you gave, I would show that you understand 'some' of the question. Example ''I know you're asking me 'how many' , but I'm unsure of the noun.'' I'm sure that's half a mark, but who knows?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The schools in Pattaya offer English for beginners and intermediate classes too. So yes you can study English in Thailand. I dont see how immigration would question that .

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Immigration have a Sri Lankan guy called Tony for this. He may ask you to count up to, say, 10,000, in a variety of currencies.

• Like 1