Foreigners urged to convey 'better understanding' of Thai politics

webfact

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My country,U.S.A. only supports countries that are a democracy. Thailand is not currently a democracy.

The U.S.A does not support any country that permits slavery. Thailand permits slavery.

What's left to explain?

Oh yeah...come to Thailand and spend your money...but good luck getting a visa!!!!!!!!!!!!

You mean those fine upstanding democracies like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, and Qatar where the slave labourers building the World Cup stadiums are dropping like flies? Give us a break!

I could be wrong, but I think you will find the countries you mentioned are NOT democracies.

Edited by Rorri

That aspect - the racism aspect - is what defensive responders focused on. They IGNORED the larger points, which I think says a lot. My post was largely about the sex industry being utterly ignored (which is something that truly destroys lives), and how education is utterly ignored as well (which is the only solution to the first problem). I did notice, that no one thought to comment about that. Instead, they literally came back with statements about how 'lazy' Thai people are - and yeah, that does smack of racism.

My point, was that the actions of the Junta do not address Thailand's real problems. And to answer your question, what people could DO here, which is at least one small step, is to stop buying the empty propaganda that what people need in Thailand, is to crack down on English teachers who only have a tourist visa. The way people here go on and on about it everyday, it's as if they actually believe that that is some kind of national emergency - and YES, they DO ignore the real problems by doing that. THAT is your answer, right there. You make mocking statements about Jesus, to avoid looking at it. And, I don't find it intelligent or admirable.

John1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10, I don't even know you, but take a chill pill! You've already resorted to calling people "racist" and "sociopathic" for no good reason. I don't know which John you are today, but it's not working real well for you. sad.png

Not for no good reason, actually.

My country,U.S.A. only supports countries that are a democracy. Thailand is not currently a democracy.

The U.S.A does not support any country that permits slavery. Thailand permits slavery.

What's left to explain?

Oh yeah...come to Thailand and spend your money...but good luck getting a visa!!!!!!!!!!!!

You mean those fine upstanding democracies like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, and Qatar where the slave labourers building the World Cup stadiums are dropping like flies? Give us a break!

I could be wrong, but I think you will find the countries you mentioned are NOT democracies.

Oh dear, the concept of irony clearly goes right over your head!

What's left to explain?

Oh dear, the concept of irony clearly goes right over your head!

Irony: the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning...it seems you do not know the meaning of the word.

I guess you know what "fool" means.

i think they know already that the full political system in thailand is corrupt coffee1.gif

Is there any Country on this planet that the political system isn't?

Quite a few of them. Check Amnesty International.

All countries have corruption in them but most of them not to the extent Thailand does. Thailand is 102 out of 176 countries on the least corrupt list. You really should get out more.

I think you will see a big improvement on the 2014 list.

How do you want to explain someone that any public critics of the current government takeover is forbidden. How to explain that every public press, be it print media or digital media need approval on every content from the NCPO before published. How to explain that this is not so bad?!?....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That aspect - the racism aspect - is what defensive responders focused on. They IGNORED the larger points, which I think says a lot. My post was largely about the sex industry being utterly ignored (which is something that truly destroys lives), and how education is utterly ignored as well (which is the only solution to the first problem). I did notice, that no one thought to comment about that. Instead, they literally came back with statements about how 'lazy' Thai people are - and yeah, that does smack of racism.

My point, was that the actions of the Junta do not address Thailand's real problems. And to answer your question, what people could DO here, which is at least one small step, is to stop buying the empty propaganda that what people need in Thailand, is to crack down on English teachers who only have a tourist visa. The way people here go on and on about it everyday, it's as if they actually believe that that is some kind of national emergency - and YES, they DO ignore the real problems by doing that. THAT is your answer, right there. You make mocking statements about Jesus, to avoid looking at it. And, I don't find it intelligent or admirable.

John1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10, I don't even know you, but take a chill pill! You've already resorted to calling people "racist" and "sociopathic" for no good reason. I don't know which John you are today, but it's not working real well for you. sad.png

Hahaha... right ! But when a person seems himself as 10 people, he either has a big ego or a big problem. In this case, probably both.wink.png

What's left to explain?

thanks for explaining that

now i understand why things are the way they are in the good old democratic u.s.of a

btw...my money seems to last longer here

I never claimed that the USA was a democracy.

The USA is actually a republic, not a democracy and most Americans do not realize that!

There are major differences between republics and democracies.

Any dictionary should prove that.

The USA is a republic that promotes democracy....in other countries!

I formulated a post of some length to reply to the OP, and decided to delete it. frack it....

How to explain to the world that thailand has a weak police force, that fails to protect the people and the peace and uphold the laws fo the nation, leading to an open door policy with the Army to step in..... It will happen again and again and again, so get used to, and understand its not a coup its a hostile takeover of upper management.

I wish everyone all the best in this hostile job market

I totally and utterly disagree with your comments and others voiced here. It is true that there are many things that ought to be corrected and put in order in Thailand, which can make this beautiful country one of the "pearls of the east". It is practically self sufficient, has many skilled people, and offers a lot of opportunities for people abiding the laws. However, many things, including plundring this country, misusing and not abiding the laws, distorting the educational system and others, that the present Military rulers are now trying to correct. Some of the positive actions are already visible and one can only hope that they will continue with their positive efforts until such time as this society is healed from some of its ills and can return to a democracy. Democracy is a wonderful system, but at times it has to be temporarily suspended in order to replace chaos by a properly functioning democracy. I do believe that this is what is happening in Thailand now.

I do not admire you for the statement, "Democracy is a wonderful system, but at times it has to be temporarily suspended", because even recent world history has shown, that temporary suspensions are never very temporary in practice.

George Bush stated exactly that sentence, in fact. It led to war crimes such as the illegal use of torture, certain ethnic groups having their civil rights clearly vioated at will, the unwarranted (and unreported) detainment of thousands of people outside any legal jurisdiction (no proof required), an unparalleled expansion of government spying, 2 of the longest and most expensive (and deadliest) wars in U.S. history - and no end in sight, more than a decade later.

Is that what you support, as well? Because all of that began with literally (very literally) the same sentence as you use here.

You are really talking about two utterly different constellations. What you are referring to are two wars, necessarily or unnecessarily instigated and fought by the USA against other countries, or regimes. What has taken place here is the suspension of the LOCAL democracy by the country's own military, in order to arrange for a proper unchaotic and hopefully uncorrupt democracy, which I believe every person liking this beautiful country, Thailand and its people, will welcome!

What's left to explain?

EXsexyman, can you tellus where , when and how does Thailand permit, or allow, slavery????

An utterly impossible demand

Foreigners don't understand Thainess.

Isn't that right?

True.

smile.png

Thais themselves do not always agree abut what it is either.

It is an idiot word, someone came up with trying to explain an entire nation.

What is Farangness?

Isn't that right?

True.

smile.png

What is Farangness?

Ask a Thai cheesy.gif

Isn't that right?

True.

smile.png

What is Farangness?

Ask a Thai cheesy.gif

oh dear.

yet another who rolls on the floor from his own joke.

coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif

Isn't that right?

True.

smile.png

What is Farangness?

Ask a Thai cheesy.gif

oh dear.

Yes, a cynic having a laugh about the "silliness" of this conversation.

AFTER COUP

Erich Parpart

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Foreign Ministry yesterday urged foreign business representatives to help give their respective governments a better understanding of the political developments in the Kingdom.

The ministry's permanent secretary, Sihasak Phuangketkeow, had a working lunch with representatives of foreign chambers of commerce to ensure them that the junta really cares about foreign trade and investment.

/* huge snip */

Hmmm --- wonder what the diplomatic community has to say about this? It's usually their job to convey a correct image of the country to their respective governments. I guess the Thai way of understanding happiness with foreign government is that entrepreneurs carry brown envelopes home to support proper understanding of Thainess. Edited by RTH10260

What's left to explain?

US only supports democracies?

Rubbish.

• Like 1

AFTER COUP

Erich Parpart

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Foreign Ministry yesterday urged foreign business representatives to help give their respective governments a better understanding of the political developments in the Kingdom.

The ministry's permanent secretary, Sihasak Phuangketkeow, had a working lunch with representatives of foreign chambers of commerce to ensure them that the junta really cares about foreign trade and investment.

/* huge snip */

Hmmm --- wonder what the diplomatic community has to say about this? It's usually their job to convey a correct image of the country to their respective governments. I guess the Thai way of understanding happiness with foreign government is that entrepreneurs carry brown envelopes home to support proper understanding of Thainess.

Interesting. Now the question what you really try to say / imply.

. who supplies the brown envelopes

. will the envelopes contain anything

. will envelopes be shown at home to show the quality of them?

- will the (filled) envelopes be shown to imply business in Thailand has aspects illegal at home?

- will the (filled) envelopes be handed out, if so to whom?

Anyway, business partners operate on a different level than diplomats. Trying to pass a message to both diplomats and entrepreneurs therefor makes sense.

Isn't that right?

True.

smile.png

What is Farangness?

Ask a Thai cheesy.gif

oh dear.

Isn't a very Thai thing to laugh at their own jokes ? Ever listened to the radio or watched slapstick comedy in Thailand?

Hahaha... right ! But when a person seems himself as 10 people, he either has a big ego or a big problem. In this case, probably both.wink.png

I'm constantly amazed at the low IQ level of some commenters here, such a this response from you. It's hard to descern if you are actually this unintelligent, or prentending to be in order to find the cheapest excuses possible for yourselves, but either way it is just impossible to respect.