CB 300f

Nebula

Went to Bikers today and picked up some new bar ends and brake/clutch levers. Great shop, great service, and the parts seem to be great quality.

Can anyone recommend a slip-on that is relatively quiet? I hate the look of the OEM exhaust, but am hesitant to get anything noisy.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to Bikers today and picked up some new bar ends and brake/clutch levers. Great shop, great service, and the parts seem to be great quality.

Can anyone recommend a slip-on that is relatively quiet? I hate the look of the OEM exhaust, but am hesitant to get anything noisy.

I would say go with a full system. The cosf is almost the same. Mad-max has one for 6500. It doesnt have the thai stamp but i think it looks nice. It also shouldnt be too loud. But im not sure as im using the stock one still. It seems pretty loud when i watch play back from my rides from work. Maybe thats just my riding style though.

If your looking for an exhaust that has the thai stamp on it there are many shops that have them.

Devil, Ixil

Most north of 12k

Kspeed.sp320.tiemocye. X-Speed

Say away from the short silencers. And you should be good.

Just a warning if you live in Pattaya, loud bike exhausts seems to be the police's top priority, 1000 baht each time stopped according to friends.

All 2 wheeler s in house household runs original exhausts, as I am not willing to shell out 2-4000 baht per month on that.

Still mixed feeling about the three hundred... like it, it is fine for what I need..but I don't ride very much anymore... turned 60..

Do you ride something else also? I've been pondering taking the plunge any buying a 300 for ages. At the end of the day though I just wonder how much I'll ever use it.

Still mixed feeling about the three hundred... like it, it is fine for what I need..but I don't ride very much anymore... turned 60..

"...turned 60.."

No insult intended, but I couldn't help but chuckle when I read that.

I had a CBR250 that I rode all over the north and northeast of Thailand on 3-6 day "road trips". Then one night in October of 2013, I had a stroke while sitting on my front porch. And even though my wife got me to the hospital as fast as she could, I still totally lost the use of both legs and my right arm for well over a year. It was a long, hard, often frustrating fight to get back, but in January of this year, I bought a new CB300f. Two weeks later I celebrated my 67th Birthday.

So far it has mostly been riding it around the outskirts of Chiang Mai, with one trip to Lampang and back just for the hell of it, running 130-140kph+ when I could, but I have already planned trips to Kalasin, Nong Khai, and Sukothai in the coming weeks.

To me, and this is just my opinion, if you let the calendar tell you that you are "too old", then you've already lost the fight.

post-82655-0-13840100-1462680906_thumb.j

67 and STILL going. I'll stop riding when I can no longer get my leg over the bike.

I'm in the midst of a roadtrip on mine. Did about 450 km on it yesterday, mixture of highways and backroads. The bike was a blast and I have no complaints. It was comfortable and handled everything with ease.

I'm in the midst of a roadtrip on mine. Did about 450 km on it yesterday, mixture of highways and backroads. The bike was a blast and I have no complaints. It was comfortable and handled everything with ease.

I loved my CBR250, but have found the CB300f a much better bike. More comfortable and quicker throttle response. I'm definitely looking forward to the longer road trips.

Edited by Just1Voice

I loved my CBR250, but have found the CB300f a much better bike. More comfortable and quicker throttle response. I'm definitely looking forward to the longer road trips.

This is my first naked bike. I think the only benefit of fully faired bike is that I did get blown around a bit when I was passing semis at highway speeds.

My bike before this was a Ninja 300. It was a lot of fun, but I think the CBF makes a better daily bike. More comfortable, more power in the lower RPMs (meaning you don't have to wring it out in town), and more maneuverable.

This is my first naked bike. I think the only benefit of fully faired bike is that I did get blown around a bit when I was passing semis at highway speeds.

My bike before this was a Ninja 300. It was a lot of fun, but I think the CBF makes a better daily bike. More comfortable, more power in the lower RPMs (meaning you don't have to wring it out in town), and more maneuverable.

...I did get blown around a bit when I was passing semis at highway speeds.

Yeah, I've noticed that. lol. Also my first "naked" bike. Had a Ninja 650 back in the States. Spend 4 years on it hitting every state in Continental U.S. Loved that bike. But in Thailand (and the fact that I'm not as young as I used to be), anything over 500cc is starting to be a bit too much. Plus, the Thai drivers are totally nuts. So the 300 is fine. Honda mechs told me they could mount the windscreen from the CB300x onto the CB300f, but that kinda of looks like crap, so I'm checking around a few other places.

They make windscreens specifically for the 300F that'd probably look better. Saw a few at K-Speed last week.

Can't find a K-Speed listing for Chiang Mai.

But there's a new "big bike" shop that opened up recently, so I'm going to check them out. I have found a few screens online that look good.

Do you ride something else also? I've been pondering taking the plunge any buying a 300 for ages. At the end of the day though I just wonder how much I'll ever use it.

I put around on the CBR 150R... somewhat more fun. The 300 supposedly was for more long distance riding.. actually only took it on two trips.. guess what.. I became bored very easily. I think up in the twisties the 300 would be more of a blast.

Actually, one more purchase soon to come if I can get my huevos back from my Thai wife... ( "Yeah, I know PW.") the CBR 650F or CBR 500R or CB 500X.

I'd say, it is a good bike.. price is fine, service all over the place.. and actually if you upgrade the exhaust system (maybe not in BKK) OK..

Cheers.. On the pegs

post-7852-0-78019600-1462774692_thumb.jp

Edited by Rhys

"...turned 60.."

No insult intended, but I couldn't help but chuckle when I read that.

I had a CBR250 that I rode all over the north and northeast of Thailand on 3-6 day "road trips". Then one night in October of 2013, I had a stroke while sitting on my front porch. And even though my wife got me to the hospital as fast as she could, I still totally lost the use of both legs and my right arm for well over a year. It was a long, hard, often frustrating fight to get back, but in January of this year, I bought a new CB300f. Two weeks later I celebrated my 67th Birthday.

So far it has mostly been riding it around the outskirts of Chiang Mai, with one trip to Lampang and back just for the hell of it, running 130-140kph+ when I could, but I have already planned trips to Kalasin, Nong Khai, and Sukothai in the coming weeks.

To me, and this is just my opinion, if you let the calendar tell you that you are "too old", then you've already lost the fight.

attachicon.gif12351259_712442922225234_2000671215_n.jpg

67 and STILL going. I'll stop riding when I can no longer get my leg over the bike.

I agree.. Attitude not age... However to my surprise I find I really am loosing interest..

OK.. now.. I started out on a minbike, the old type of brigg and Stratton lawn mower power plant.. 555 then the Honda SL 100, SL 350, Kawasaki KL 250, KZ750.. in LOS CBR 150R and the 300.. Really loved the dirt.. Wheelie King......Will not try it out here.., no support systems.

Way to go on your recovery.. that is excellent.. me.. OA now of the ankles.. .so I have to watch the stops now..

My first bike accident every was here in Thailand.. Drunk driver rear ended me.. but you know what.. we got the hit and run guy.. the other people got the description of the car and License plate.. whoa...Police, lawyer processed out. The end result did not ride for about 6 months...

Thus mortality calls a bit these days for me... just understanding the road condition ...

On the pegs mate..

You know, we all have different attitudes and outlooks, but the one thing most of us have in common is that we just love to ride. The first time I took a "road trip" on my old model CBR150, my Thai wife just could not comprehend such a thing. She swore I was going to see some other woman. Then a friend of her's with a farang husband who had a BMW bike explained to her that "falang just love to ride".

Ok, started out here in LOS with the old model CBR 150, after giving up my Ninja 650 back in the States, but what the hell. It was a fun little bike, till you got to 110kph, then it didn't feel so steady. Sold it and went the new f/i model 150 and, that was also fun, but basically still a "city" bike. Kept that 6 months, said screw it and bought the 250. Hello Highways! (And it wasn't that bad in city traffic) Arunothai (northern Chiang Dao), Chiang Rai, Loei, Khon Kaen, Roi Et, Udon Thani, Nakon Sawan, Sariburi. Then stroke. So much for trips. When the new 300's came out, I had my wife take me to Honda to see them. I told her: "That's my next bike," pointing to the CB300f. She just shook her head and told me: "You can barely walk, and you're thinking about a new, bigger bike? I marry crazy farang." But she was smiling when I bought it and drove it home. Said I looked good on it. So there you go. Thai wife Seal of Approval.

Oh, and like Rhys, I also started out on a mini bike with Briggs & Stratton engine at age 8. Did a little motocross and some dirt track racing for fun in my teens, then moved up from there. I've only had one bike I didn't like. Norton Commander. Great bike, but only when you could keep it out of the shop. After that, I went straight Honda. Now I have 3 bikes. Honda PCX150 for going into town. My wife loves to ride it. 300cc Forza for fun runs under 100 kilometers (when I can pry it away from my son), and the CB300f for anything longer. (Neither one of them will even touch that). Oh, yeah, we also have a car.

Now I'm just waiting for the heatwave to break. Full body armor in this heat can cause some serious problems if you're not careful. Then it's, "I'm leaving, Sweetheart. I'll see you whenever." I might be home in 3 days, or maybe not for a week. Who the hell knows? lol

But to everyone - Ride safe and ride sensibly. And beware of crazy Thai drivers. lol

Age ain't nuttin but a number.

Just a warning if you live in Pattaya, loud bike exhausts seems to be the police's top priority, 1000 baht each time stopped according to friends.

All 2 wheeler s in house household runs original exhausts, as I am not willing to shell out 2-4000 baht per month on that.

That's why you buy an exhaust with maragol, it's Thai street legal. The police can not bother you about it.

They make windscreens specifically for the 300F that'd probably look better. Saw a few at K-Speed last week.

Can't find a K-Speed listing for Chiang Mai.

But there's a new "big bike" shop that opened up recently, so I'm going to check them out. I have found a few screens online that look good.

Any shop will ems to you!!

You know, we all have different attitudes and outlooks, but the one thing most of us have in common is that we just love to ride. The first time I took a "road trip" on my old model CBR150, my Thai wife just could not comprehend such a thing. She swore I was going to see some other woman. Then a friend of her's with a farang husband who had a BMW bike explained to her that "falang just love to ride".

Ok, started out here in LOS with the old model CBR 150, after giving up my Ninja 650 back in the States, but what the hell. It was a fun little bike, till you got to 110kph, then it didn't feel so steady. Sold it and went the new f/i model 150 and, that was also fun, but basically still a "city" bike. Kept that 6 months, said screw it and bought the 250. Hello Highways! (And it wasn't that bad in city traffic) Arunothai (northern Chiang Dao), Chiang Rai, Loei, Khon Kaen, Roi Et, Udon Thani, Nakon Sawan, Sariburi. Then stroke. So much for trips. When the new 300's came out, I had my wife take me to Honda to see them. I told her: "That's my next bike," pointing to the CB300f. She just shook her head and told me: "You can barely walk, and you're thinking about a new, bigger bike? I marry crazy farang." But she was smiling when I bought it and drove it home. Said I looked good on it. So there you go. Thai wife Seal of Approval.

Oh, and like Rhys, I also started out on a mini bike with Briggs & Stratton engine at age 8. Did a little motocross and some dirt track racing for fun in my teens, then moved up from there. I've only had one bike I didn't like. Norton Commander. Great bike, but only when you could keep it out of the shop. After that, I went straight Honda. Now I have 3 bikes. Honda PCX150 for going into town. My wife loves to ride it. 300cc Forza for fun runs under 100 kilometers (when I can pry it away from my son), and the CB300f for anything longer. (Neither one of them will even touch that). Oh, yeah, we also have a car.

Now I'm just waiting for the heatwave to break. Full body armor in this heat can cause some serious problems if you're not careful. Then it's, "I'm leaving, Sweetheart. I'll see you whenever." I might be home in 3 days, or maybe not for a week. Who the hell knows? lol

But to everyone - Ride safe and ride sensibly. And beware of crazy Thai drivers. lol

Just1Voice, as you know Thai wife stories..... this one gave the good house seal of approval for the CBR 300R after 2 years of.. how I say..trying tor a bigger bike... when she said yes.. I was shocked.. and I moved quickly before she could change her mind.... the 300 was not what I wanted.. I wanted something bigger but this was quickly available and so I went for it.. Thus.. she still has the huevos on a short string...

Were you a fan of the BSA 441 Victor then?

On the pegs

Just1Voice, as you know Thai wife stories..... this one gave the good house seal of approval for the CBR 300R after 2 years of.. how I say..trying tor a bigger bike... when she said yes.. I was shocked.. and I moved quickly before she could change her mind.... the 300 was not what I wanted.. I wanted something bigger but this was quickly available and so I went for it.. Thus.. she still has the huevos on a short string...

Were you a fan of the BSA 441 Victor then?

On the pegs

Had never heard of the 441 Victor. Hope it was better than the Norton. lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

.........After 35 years of biking and 50 odd bikes under my belt, i'd go for a Honda CB300F over a Kawa Z250 or a Keeway sorry Benelli BN300 any day of the week.....

And when you come to sell.........well we all know a second Hand Honda will be high on a perspective purchaser's list....

I agree! I recently got a great deal on a seconhand CB300F with 835km on the clock for 92.5K baht. Been at it for over a month on Bkk streets and on the outer highways. It's a joy for what it's designed for. Nimble in rush hour Bkk traffic and enough power for short (2-4 hour) highway trips.

Hi all, haven't been on this topic for a while so Just thought I would give you an update on how this little bike is going after 2yrs and after this amount of mileage.

I have had my bike now for a little under two years and I have still had no problems, even after a small(ish) crash. I service every 3000km and I have now done 27500km to date, mainly travelling to and from work and one or two little day trips normally of about 250km.

This bike has bedded in well and I found it go smoother over time too, I use to get a heavy vibration at about 5-7k revs but that seems to have reduced. I do have this rattle from the headlight area at about 5k revs in any gear, which drives me crazy, but cannot find it for the life of me. I have looked everywhere I maintain and service myself, unless its electrical

Some mods, full system exhaust, EJK fuel controller, LED lights, improved and shaped seat for better and more comfortable long distance riding, for me and the passenger, EBC brakes and rotors and clutch plates and springs.

I think I will keep it for another year or so, or even longer.

post-114827-0-75448700-1467175386_thumb.

...I did get blown around a bit when I was passing semis at highway speeds.

Yeah, I've noticed that. lol. Also my first "naked" bike. Had a Ninja 650 back in the States. Spend 4 years on it hitting every state in Continental U.S. Loved that bike. But in Thailand (and the fact that I'm not as young as I used to be), anything over 500cc is starting to be a bit too much. Plus, the Thai drivers are totally nuts. So the 300 is fine. Honda mechs told me they could mount the windscreen from the CB300x onto the CB300f, but that kinda of looks like crap, so I'm checking around a few other places.

Sorry may be I am new rider and do not understand much

But try duke 690 its the best handling in the city. lighter.

brakes better than cb300

You compare sport with naked. Its different.

So about 500cc be much

I read you drive 140+. Honda have simply do not have enough power. what do you do if you need to dramatically go around obstacle? To unload the front wheel so that it has not gone into a skid. should be accelerated. at Honda just does not have enough power fast accelerate after 140+.

Just my two penny.

PS

Wish you

Good luck on road. An many year good fun ride

Some mods, full system exhaust, EJK fuel controller, LED lights

What do you think about the EJK?

Did you have it installed at the same time as the exhaust? (If so it wouldn't be easy to judge the performance boost of the EJK alone)

Or have it installed before or after?

Also no K+N airfilter? With the full system and fuel controller it would be a nice little upgrade and give a nice bump to the low and mid end, for less than 2k baht.

So far on mine I've chopped off the fender, changed the rear signals, added an Akrapovic slip-on (will be upgrading to fully system + controller soon), and added a windscreen (very nice difference), and a few other aesthetic small mods. It's a great bike for where I live, but I am getting the itch to get something bigger. Maybe a CBR650F in the future.

I have changed the air filter to a hurricane stainless steel, but I really don't think it's giving me much.

To answer the question, I got the EJK after the full system and air filter. The EJK is good, but really still in the process of test and adjust. The pre-sets where a big improvement in the mid-range, but I found myself thrashing it too much, to the point of filling it up every 3 days. At the min I have set to my mates settings from his CFR 250, which gives me more in the top end if needed.

As for changing, like I say, 1 more year then I am thinking of getting the new SV650, figure it should of ironed out the new creases by then

Ok, anyone else having problems with the clutch and shifting?

Getting into Neutral is damn near impossible, and today, on a short drive into the city, I had a hell of a time up shifting at times. Monday I'm busy, so it's off to Big Wing Tuesday morning to figure out what the heck is wrong.

Ok, anyone else having problems with the clutch and shifting?

Getting into Neutral is damn near impossible, and today, on a short drive into the city, I had a hell of a time up shifting at times. Monday I'm busy, so it's off to Big Wing Tuesday morning to figure out what the heck is wrong.

Mine goes through the gears like a dream. I have adjustable levers on, and if I set the clutch in too far it can be hard to get into neutral. Might that be it?