CB 300f

Nebula

Jambco,

Might have been a long time out of the racing game old fella, but he'd knock 10 bells out of you or any person on this forum, on any bike, any track, any road, any surface, any weather, any time, any place oh and on any tyres.....in fact:

Carl George Fogarty, is the most successful World Superbike racer of all time in terms of the number of championships and number of race wins.

Now retired, he is renowned for his high corner speed riding style, combined with an aggressive competitiveness, which netted him 59 victories and four World Superbike Championships (1994, 1995, 1998 and 1999).

What year was your Honda Click, by the way ?

Keyboard warriors always have Z1000's - FACT.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jambco,

Might have been a long time out of the racing game old fella, but he'd knock 10 bells out of you or any person on this forum, on any bike, any track, any road, any surface, any weather, any time, any place oh and on any tyres.....in fact:

Carl George Fogarty, is the most successful World Superbike racer of all time in terms of the number of championships and number of race wins.

Now retired, he is renowned for his high corner speed riding style, combined with an aggressive competitiveness, which netted him 59 victories and four World Superbike Championships (1994, 1995, 1998 and 1999).

Never said he wasn't the dogs b****cks back in the day.

I have great respect for the chap.

Oh wow!

Another poster who can copy from Wikipedia (place to go for all facts). You must be well chuffed

Never mind.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings with too many laughing smileys.

My bad!

Back on topic -

Any more reviews and thoughts on the bike?

I would like to hear more about the CB300, We have a million pages about tires in the bike forum already.

Went for a 100km ride on the 300F today, mixture of round town, along Sukomvit and out in the countryside....

its size, its "feel" and the riding position are pretty much spot on......its light to move round (weather you're backing out of a parking space, manoevering it generaly, or nipping through the traffic)...its pulls well and the little engine is nice and torquey...

its light enough to "flick" round the twisty bends, but feels stable at higher speeds......its apparently got a top speed of 100mph, which is plenty enough for me on a "naked" bike....
And daft things like its easy to get into neutral and goes through the gears perfectly (no kicking it down 2 or 3 times to get it into first, or having to turn the engine off to get it into neutral)...the foot pegs feel in the right position, as does the gear/ foot brake levers....
an absolute steal for a nudge under 130,000 otr (ABS)

Apologies for getting things off topic, was relevent at the start. And thanks for the varied feedback, think I will be going demons when I get the 300f, hopefully in a month or 2. But more input back on the bike in question would be great!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Jambco,

Is that You Carl ? No need to hide behind that piston broke username, we are all friends here on this forum.

I would like to hear more about the CB300, We have a million pages about tires in the bike forum already.

Went for a 100km ride on the 300F today, mixture of round town, along Sukomvit and out in the countryside....

its size, its "feel" and the riding position are pretty much spot on......its light to move round (weather you're backing out of a parking space, manoevering it generaly, or nipping through the traffic)...its pulls well and the little engine is nice and torquey...

its light enough to "flick" round the twisty bends, but feels stable at higher speeds......its apparently got a top speed of 100mph, which is plenty enough for me on a "naked" bike....
And daft things like its easy to get into neutral and goes through the gears perfectly (no kicking it down 2 or 3 times to get it into first, or having to turn the engine off to get it into neutral)...the foot pegs feel in the right position, as does the gear/ foot brake levers....
an absolute steal for a nudge under 130,000 otr (ABS)

+1 Thanks for you opinions and experience on the 300F. Sounds a lot like my CBR250 with respect to comfort and cornering, but with more torque :)

Tyre snobbery.

Sorry to have to drag Carl Fogarty out of retirement again.

So all you in the "IRC tyres are crap" gang.

we'll stick Carl Fogherty on a 300F (as its a 300F thread) with the standard IRC tyres and you on a 300F with your "top jolly" tyres - and have a race......wet, dry, on a race cuircuit or through the traffic, i'm sure Mr Fogaerty would knock spots off you, with those "rubbish" tyres.

Food for thought.

yes, sure Carl Forgety beats all of us here with IRC tires but i am sure he will not be racing with IRCs.

He'll be racing with the tyre comapny that gives him the most money...

yeah but naturally, it is not IRC giving the best money and also, it is not all about money too. A maker will choose the best tires that can for their bike, just for money, they will not be eager to lose seconds or crash their bikes or race organizers will not risk many bikes losing seconds therefore a boring race.

only like 250 cc stock championship in Thailand, you have to use Thai brands only so no chance but IRCs but IRC IZ-003 then: http://www.ircthailand.com/ircthailand/admin/product/proview.php?prodno=9112

not ircs on cb300f. they are made for longevity not for enjoying a bike fully.

Just checked the tyres on the "F" .............it doesn't appear that they are the same ones fitted as standard to the CBR250, Ninja 250, D Tracker and Z250 - which are fitted with Roadwinner RX01's (http://www.irc-tire.com/en/mc/products/commuter/rx-01/).....

The "F" has Road Winner "Spec R" tyres - (http://www.irc-tire.com/en/mc/products/commuter/rx-01_specr/) - which according to the site has:

"Special compound and strong casing enables more aggressive riding"

OK, hard hat on, awaiting for the tyre experts to give their ten pennyworth....

''The RX-01 is known as an all-around sport bias-ply tire and is a favorite of riders. The newly released RX-02 keeps the basic concept of the RX-01 and adds in a number of technical upgrades to increase the “Easy to Handle” from the rider’s perspective.
RX-02 wet performance is increased 10% as rear tire anti-wear performance is improved 20% compared with RX-01.''

10% better wet performance...hmm 10% more of not much.

Anti wear improved 20% those babies must be really hard. I don't think 'wear' was ever an issue, I've seen 20,000km done on them and they still looked pretty good. (not a good thing)

They may be an upgrade of the old RX01 tires. May be better. See how you / they feel in the wet. Otherwise a set of Pirelli / Dunlop etc will only cost 3,500 to 4,000 Baht. Many feel unsafe on these IRC tires and change for peace of mind.

They may be an upgrade of the old RX01 tires. May be better. See how you / they feel in the wet. Otherwise a set of Pirelli / Dunlop etc will only cost 3,500 to 4,000 Baht. Many feel unsafe on these IRC tires and change for peace of mind.

Interesting article on "Motorcycle Basement" - "Top 7 sports bike tyres" - IRC Road WinnerRX 01's in at number 6.

Makes me feel a tad more comfortable knowing that i've got the "Spec R" versions fitted to mine:

http://motorcyclebasement.com/top-7-sportbike-tires/

yes, sure Carl Forgety beats all of us here with IRC tires but i am sure he will not be racing with IRCs.

He'll be racing with the tyre comapny that gives him the most money...

yeah but naturally, it is not IRC giving the best money and also, it is not all about money too. A maker will choose the best tires that can for their bike, just for money, they will not be eager to lose seconds or crash their bikes or race organizers will not risk many bikes losing seconds therefore a boring race.

only like 250 cc stock championship in Thailand, you have to use Thai brands only so no chance but IRCs but IRC IZ-003 then: http://www.ircthailand.com/ircthailand/admin/product/proview.php?prodno=9112

not ircs on cb300f. they are made for longevity not for enjoying a bike fully.

Just checked the tyres on the "F" .............it doesn't appear that they are the same ones fitted as standard to the CBR250, Ninja 250, D Tracker and Z250 - which are fitted with Roadwinner RX01's (http://www.irc-tire.com/en/mc/products/commuter/rx-01/).....

The "F" has Road Winner "Spec R" tyres - (http://www.irc-tire.com/en/mc/products/commuter/rx-01_specr/) - which according to the site has:

"Special compound and strong casing enables more aggressive riding"

OK, hard hat on, awaiting for the tyre experts to give their ten pennyworth....

as a tire snob, i still say a set of pirelli rosso2sbiggrin.png

as a tire snob, i still say a set of pirelli rosso2sbiggrin.png

You are certifiable....the Pirelli Scorpion Trails are the best as they are used on the best CB*500....although a 120 front would probably look funny on a CB 300F.

ScorpionTrail_Head_04.jpg

Ladies......This thread is about the 300F not about tyres.

I've just bought a 300F and the IRC tyres seem ok to me, so i won't be changing them just because Jeffrey whats his face says they're crap.

My thinking was the same as yours, the stock IRC tires looked ok and i decided i would ride them till tire wear would indicate they needed changing,

Some months later without any notable wear and around 13k km they started giving me moments where my heart jumped and my poop nipper went in to action,

They also started jumping from side to side off the road markings, wet roads gave the impression of riding on greasy glass,

Self preservation forced me to fork out 7500bht in fear i was going to land on my ear.

If there was no notable wear after 13k km they must be very hard tyres. Back in my bigger bike days I was lucky to get 8k km out of a rear tyre and I didnt ride that hard.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In former times i also had bigger bikes where the rear tire had a very short lifespan, at times i used to take a new michelin m45 down to a slick in a day, tire technology has changed much in the last years,

Often times between jobs or even part time i was a motorcycle messenger in europe both long and short distance, would have been much safer if we had the tire tech available these days,

The last heart pumping moment the stock IRC tires gave me were on highway 304 traveling a modest 80-90 kmh bkk-prachinburi and the heavens opened up, althougth intending to go straight the bike drifted across all three lanes, with more luck than judgement i made no contact with other vehicles,

For the next few km i stayed at 40kmh on the hard shoulder until dry roads and my heart rate slowed down,

The stock IRC tires honda are putting on their bikes regardless of model are downright dangerous.

The stock Dunlops on the 500s are actually a fairly good tyre and recognised as such. So not all Hondas, just the smallest ones.

I took a stroll down to the Honda on Rattannathibet just past the river.....I walked in with the GF and asked to see the CB300F. We walked over and I sat on it for a while...I'm still a bit tall (6'3) for it...nonetheless I asked how much and without hesitating she said 139,000. Then I of coursed reminded her of the promotion at 126, she said it was only for pre-orders. Then I referenced the article that you guys linked....Lady said..."Different store, not this store." I said, "OK, I'll go buy it at a different store".

So if anyone knows where a no BS store it that knows WE know what the price is....let me know. Thanks guys for the article reference.

Edited by FireMedic

^ just go to all the dealers. Don't get upset with the high price ones, it's not worth it - just leave. Was the same with all the small Hondas, thanks to the no-fixed-price policy by Honda. CBR250, CRF-L 250, CRF-M 250, etc etc. Look around and you'll find a reasonable one.

Sorry for beating a dead horse but I think it's a shame they're putting crap tires on these bikes - that's another 7+k out of your pocket when you buy, and it's a shame because putting on really good tires would have cost Honda maybe 2k or even less. It's a waste all around.

On the other hand, when a bike like the Hypermotard comes with Diablo Rosso IIs stock, I'm thinking I just saved 12,000 Baht right there.

Sorry for beating a dead horse but I think it's a shame they're putting crap tires on these bikes - that's another 7+k out of your pocket when you buy, and it's a shame because putting on really good tires would have cost Honda maybe 2k or even less. It's a waste all around.

On the other hand, when a bike like the Hypermotard comes with Diablo Rosso IIs stock, I'm thinking I just saved 12,000 Baht right there.

True that but sadly the target is making the cheapest thing in class. So it is 2k here 2 k there mentality

On the Ducati think how much you saved on the Brembo Mono blocks & master cylinders thumbsup.gif

If someone is looking for sport things like tires,brakes & suspension will all need work

When you factor in that bikes like the Duc come with the good stuff

the price gap drops drastically

Edited by mania

^ just go to all the dealers. Don't get upset with the high price ones, it's not worth it - just leave. Was the same with all the small Hondas, thanks to the no-fixed-price policy by Honda. CBR250, CRF-L 250, CRF-M 250, etc etc. Look around and you'll find a reasonable one.

if they put rosso2s, suddenly price jumps 7000 thb. budget bike these are. you can sell the stock ircs and offset the price of a new set of better tire.

Had mine a week. Impressed with value for money.

Upside down forks, ally swing arm all very well. If I paid 160k baht ok but for 129k very able bike.

Why the Brembo brake comment. Brakes are sharp enough for me and good feel.

Tyres I will have to see, not planning on any knee dragging so think will be ok.

One or two niggles but that relates to previous bikes.

Excellent value for money so far.

Had mine a week. Impressed with value for money.

Upside down forks, ally swing arm all very well. If I paid 160k baht ok but for 129k very able bike.

Why the Brembo brake comment. Brakes are sharp enough for me and good feel.

Tyres I will have to see, not planning on any knee dragging so think will be ok.

One or two niggles but that relates to previous bikes.

Excellent value for money so far.

Great to hear you are pleased with your purchase.....

Can you post some pictures ??

I want one so bad..... it's killing me I can't find one around.

Agree. I was looking about for CBR250/500. Nothing locally. Happened to go to local Tesco and next door had CB300F and CBR300 on show. Never noticed dealer before because always driving the car, happened to be on moped that day. They are becoming more available.