CB 300f

Nebula

Where was it? Was a farang driving? I was driving around silom/thonburi area smile.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A Thai guy was riding it with aftermarket black/gold levers. looking nice.

for break in, just vary the revs, dont stay at a certain rpm long time, try not to lug the engine too many times during first 1000 km - not saying never lug - , accel and decel, redline it and change the oil and oil filter at 100 km and at 1000 km one more time, switch to full synthetic at 6000 km.

good luck and happy rides!

Redline it?

yes, not saying you need to run close to redline all the time but redlining it at times.

Interesting. If you are going to redline a new engine now and again why bother with the rest of your advice? These days engines are pretty good, no real need to bed one in. Be gentle (If you can) till first service. Oil change at 100 km? No harm but why bother? Synthetic oil? Each to their own. Looked at the price of oils once when having an oil change on my car. If you want to pay there is some very expensive stuff around.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for break in, just vary the revs, dont stay at a certain rpm long time, try not to lug the engine too many times during first 1000 km - not saying never lug - , accel and decel, redline it and change the oil and oil filter at 100 km and at 1000 km one more time, switch to full synthetic at 6000 km.

Redline it?

yes, not saying you need to run close to redline all the time but redlining it at times.

Interesting. If you are going to redline a new engine now and again why bother with the rest of your advice? These days engines are pretty good, no real need to bed one in. Be gentle (If you can) till first service. Oil change at 100 km? No harm but why bother? Synthetic oil? Each to their own. Looked at the price of oils once when having an oil change on my car. If you want to pay there is some very expensive stuff around.

just an advice alan! they are not a must. That is what i believe. one might choose to go with the manufacturer's recommendation in the manual as well.

if engines are that pretty good, no need to wait and ride gentle like my grandmom for 1000 kms anyway too, right?

i bother oil change at 100 km and switch to full synthetic oil later on bc i like extra care for my bikes and bikes run better with full synthetic.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1413117469.653601.jpg

Finally. Got it!

I got mine for 4 weeks ago, but have not seen it yet. 2 weeks now and its my turn. Nice to see yours so I know what mine looks like J Use the time to get advice from this forum so I know more about the bike when I come to Thailand. Redline a bike I guess is to get RPM to the red line??

(Out of tropic – I can’t see to find a way to post picture on this forum)

Redline it?

just an advice alan! they are not a must. That is what i believe. one might choose to go with the manufacturer's recommendation in the manual as well.

if engines are that pretty good, no need to wait and ride gentle like my grandmom for 1000 kms anyway too, right?

i bother oil change at 100 km and switch to full synthetic oil later on bc i like extra care for my bikes and bikes run better with full synthetic.

u

No problem. What bike does grandmother ride? I was astounded when I learnt my grandmother used to ride a BSA in her youth (1920).

Redline it?

u

No problem. What bike does grandmother ride? I was astounded when I learnt my grandmother used to ride a BSA in her youth (1920).

Actually, my grandmom was one of the first female rally pilot back home! Seriously.

so i was meaning an average grandmom.

Finally. Got it!

I got mine for 4 weeks ago, but have not seen it yet. 2 weeks now and its my turn. Nice to see yours so I know what mine looks like J Use the time to get advice from this forum so I know more about the bike when I come to Thailand. Redline a bike I guess is to get RPM to the red line??

Will it be there when you arrive,

Finally. Got it!

Will it be there when you arrive,

It's in the garage allready :)

post-218247-0-98738300-1413178155_thumb.

Does anyone in here sit on a owners manual in English or know where to download one?

Don't know about English but the local dealer has a full service manual for one.

I think it a i just a parts manual with part names and reference numbers for parts. I kinda shows you how parts are taken apart but there is no real instructions on how to fix a problem.

Does anyone in here sit on a owners manual in English or know where to download one?

Don't know about English but the local dealer has a full service manual for one.
I think it a i just a parts manual with part names and reference numbers for parts. I kinda shows you how parts are taken apart but there is no real instructions on how to fix a problem.

Yep. How much can you do with one yourself these days? Remember opening a car bonnet a few years back, very tidy, tinker around? No.

This bike is growing on me.

I need a funny bike, mostly just for the fun factor.

I tried the Ducati Hyperstrada and boy I loved it, but just can't justify shelling out +500K baht on a bike just for fun and then comes maintenance and insurance on top, it all adds up.

I can justify spending 130K baht on a CBR300F and all tests I been reading have been very positive and they write that an experienced rider can have fun too.

I like 1 cyl motor bike engines, parallel twin not so much.

Anybody here that have downgraded from a bigger bike and find the 300cc funny/good enough??

It would be a shame buying one only to find out that it's too weak/slow for me.

Well I will go working overseas for 2 month and should be back before Christmas so I have time to think about it and I might see if I can rent one for a day in Pattaya when I come back.

I like the black mostly closely followed by the red. White, no thanks man.

They should sell the white to the police force, must be a hell of a good police bike in Bangkok.

I am still keeping my hopes up regarding the Ducati Scrambler, but it will likely be a +400K baht bike.

I tried the Ducati Hyperstrada and boy I loved it, but just can't justify shelling out +500K baht on a bike just for fun and then comes maintenance and insurance on top, it all adds up.

I can justify spending 130K baht on a CBR300F and all tests I been reading have been very positive and they write that an experienced rider can have fun too.

Anybody here that have downgraded from a bigger bike and find the 300cc funny/good enough??

Well I will go working overseas for 2 month and should be back before Christmas so I have time to think about it and I might see if I can rent one for a day in Pattaya when I come back.

They should sell the white to the police force, must be a hell of a good police bike in Bangkok.

I am still keeping my hopes up regarding the Ducati Scrambler, but it will likely be a +400K baht bike.

scrambler will be around 360 k for the entry model.

cb300f is a great little bike. of course it is a turtle next to a hypermotard but for one fourth of the price and maintenance/service expenses, you still get a good hassle free, easy to ride bike.

I got one and it makes me smile...........

I've had loads of bikes over the years (50 plus at the last count) - many larger capacity models and the CB300F rates as one of my favorites.....

Edited by properperson

cb300f is a great little bike. of course it is a turtle next to a hypermotard but for one fourth of the price and maintenance/service expenses, you still get a good hassle free, easy to ride bike.

It is a little bike but in no way a turtle. On my way home today I was in a bit of a hurry because I had to go pick up my daughter and found myself. Next to a CBR 650. I let him get in front to see if he would pull away but never did. On Rama 5 we both got off to get onto rachapruk. (The funny thing was that when we got on to rachapruk he threw up a middle finger and I was confused as if it were to me or the car that tried to cut him off.) The traffic was a little congested but I don't think he felt as comfortable lane splitting as I did. He also didn't have a license plate so I think he is could just be a fairly new CBR 650 rider. Later on rachapruk I just pulled away from him.

You have to remember it all about the rider. Who ever is more daring will get ahead.

The 300's engine is big enough to leave the scooters and keep up with the bigger 650. I'm not sure about liter bike but that's another story.

Maybe LL would be a different story too, about keeping up with him in Bangkok!! :D

Thanks guys.

Well I sort of knew that a Duke with 115 hp is way faster but I think a small CB300 can be fun too and that is also what you guys says.

Well I am overseas now so have 2 month to think about it and if still interested try renting one when I get back.

I read in a US forum that some fit a front sprocket with one more tooth in order to make it more touring friendly (lower revs), have any here done this?

It is a little bike but in no way a turtle. On my way home today I was in a bit of a hurry because I had to go pick up my daughter and found myself. Next to a CBR 650. I let him get in front to see if he would pull away but never did. On Rama 5 we both got off to get onto rachapruk. (The funny thing was that when we got on to rachapruk he threw up a middle finger and I was confused as if it were to me or the car that tried to cut him off.) The traffic was a little congested but I don't think he felt as comfortable lane splitting as I did. He also didn't have a license plate so I think he is could just be a fairly new CBR 650 rider. Later on rachapruk I just pulled away from him.

You have to remember it all about the rider. Who ever is more daring will get ahead.

The 300's engine is big enough to leave the scooters and keep up with the bigger 650. I'm not sure about liter bike but that's another story.

Maybe LL would be a different story too, about keeping up with him in Bangkok!! biggrin.png

of course, cb300f can pass even bigger bikes. it depends on the conditions, rider, tires, many factors.

What i was saying is it is slower than a hypermotard at ideal conditions and yes, it is not a turtle for its capacity actually.

I got the H2C radiator cover today. I thought I would be closer to the radiator but it's okay.

What do you guys think? I think it's a necessity upgrade for a naked bike.

nice!

a rad cover is always a good and cheap investment.

A couple of questions more:

Top speed? 160 km/h? I seen a couple of Youtube vids of CBR 300's doing over 175 and with big Western rider onboard.

Max comfortable crusing speed without too high revs? 100-120 (I hope).

I still haven't seen one for real sadly and now I am stuck overseas for 2 month working.

It is posilbe to raise the seat an inch or so, they write in the tests that it's low and I got long legs.

A couple of questions more:

Top speed? 160 km/h? I seen a couple of Youtube vids of CBR 300's doing over 175 and with big Western rider onboard.

Max comfortable crusing speed without too high revs? 100-120 (I hope).

I still haven't seen one for real sadly and now I am stuck overseas for 2 month working.

It is posilbe to raise the seat an inch or so, they write in the tests that it's low and I got long legs.

120 kmh is just over 7,000 rpm. Personally I would prefer a lower rpm at that speed but it is only a 300 so it is to be expected. If you are going to do a lot of long distance riding a bigger bike would be better but that is only my opinion. On the other hand chances of cruising at 120 for any distance is unlikely due to traffic.

Thanks.

No, not any long distance touring but more a run about for Pattaya.

I might do some short touring trips, Koh Chang and things like that.

As I said before, I want a small cheap bike that is also fun to ride and the CB300F seems to fit the bill pretty good.

I hope I can meet up with some guys for short rides now and again in the Pattaya area and perhaps short touring trips as well.

I don't expect to ride with HOG anymore, LOL.

I also have the CB 300F I am 3 weeks in and have had the first oil change and I had a stretched chain sorted too. I have a strange rattle about 5,000 rpm which is a little annoying and on reading this and a few other forums it seems its 'normal?'. Dealer says it will be ok after the oil change and chain tighten, but it was still there.

The bike is great as a commuter and I have had a pillion and it still performs well. Need to change those tyres though! Added a radiator cover from K-Speed and then its booked in for the tail tidy and an all in one LED tail light which should look great.