Yingluck seeks NCPO's permission to visit Europe

webfact

Yingluck seeks junta's permission to visit Europe

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra has sought permission from the National Council for Peace and Order to leave the kingdom on Sunday for a 20-day trip to Europe.

The request has yet to be approved by NCPO chief Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha.

It is expected that she would visit her brother, former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, to celebrate his birthday anniversary in Paris if the junta approves her request.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Yingluck-seeks-juntas-permission-to-visit-Europe-30238709.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-07-17

-------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

Peace and Order Council allows Yingluck European tour

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/743492-yingluck-seeks-ncpos-permission-to-visit-europe/page-3?p=8112612#entry8112612

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's hard to believe this is an innocent trip o/s, when she must know that a jail term is quite possible soon. From the NCPO standpoint if she does 'do a Thaksin' they could still sentence her in exile and cancel her passport. But that would leave many rice farmers believing that justice was not done.

• Like 1

Sure, why not?

May I suggest Ms. Yingluck as ordinary citizen once more ask permission and adds a certified copy of her ticket, means to support herself, visa entered in her passport and a signed statement to immediately return at the planned end of the trip AND indicating when that planned end is?

Maybe luggage regulations should also be applied as is normal for 'normal' people ?

Edited by rubl
  • Like 2

Yingluck clear to leave kingdom: NCPO spokesman

BANGKOK: -- The National Council for Peace and Order has approved former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra's request to leave the kingdom on Sunday for a 20-day trip to Europe, NCPO deputy spokesman Col Winthai Suvari said Thursday.

Winthai said the NCPO saw that Yingluck had never acted in a way that violated or defied the conditions and orders of the NCPO so the NCPO's working committee in charge of considering the request had given her a green light to travel to Europe.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Yingluck-clear-to-leave-kingdom-NCPO-spokesman-30238712.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-07-17

Ehhh, did she visit her brother abroad last year? Or any year? Why now? Would it have something to do with a massive number of court cases, civil and criminal, she is facing. I say, keep her here and have a televised show trial so she can be a lesson to those who would abuse their authority. I will be shocked if she is given permission to leave; it will send a loud signal to other wrongdoers that there are two kinds of justice in Thailand. As the Red Shirts have said over and over, ad nauseam, NO DOUBLE STANDARDS!

• Like 2

check her luggage

PS isn't France the current location for the rebel anti coup terrorist group headquarters and didn't she sign a declaration not to get involved in any political/terrorist motivated activities, I think I would decline the request ubtil she has completed all the pending hearings

• Like 2

Yingluck clear to leave kingdom: NCPO spokesman

BANGKOK: -- The National Council for Peace and Order has approved former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra's request to leave the kingdom on Sunday for a 20-day trip to Europe, NCPO deputy spokesman Col Winthai Suvari said Thursday.

Winthai said the NCPO saw that Yingluck had never acted in a way that violated or defied the conditions and orders of the NCPO so the NCPO's working committee in charge of considering the request had given her a green light to travel to Europe.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Yingluck-clear-to-leave-kingdom-NCPO-spokesman-30238712.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-07-17

Bad news. I wonder what the Vegas odds are that she will return at the end of 20 days. I can't imagine anyone in their right mind betting she will return. Oh, well, it will save some court costs but that is a drop in the ocean to the financial damage she did to the country. I am very disappointed in the NCPO; they come off as being either naive or cynical.

• Like 2