New immigration rules planned long before coup

In response to gamini's post.

I pay 7% VAT on everything I spend in LOS, and my wife really likes spend. so 3M THB a year is around 210,000.00 THB and then there is the wonderful VAT on the car I bought her, A Civic, I could have bought two for the same price in the USA.

Guess we all pay taxes here. Actually evert counrty should do away with income tax and use VAT/Sales. Taxes should be Residence Based and Not Citizenship Based.

What about 35% tax? How would you feel about that?

OB

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

If the person complies with the requirements of his visa ie study the required number of hours per week... not unlawful or wrong is it ?

Whats the current requirement 4 hours a week ?

Therefore someone can study on an Ed visa and still be a tourist....

other options

THB 10 million investment visa

500 k TE card

so please dont say their are no options "fact"

yes there are, its just a question of whether someone wants to do it or not, just, because someone doesnt want to do something doesnt mean they are excluded from something.wink.png

You are seriously suggesting someone like my Aunt who traveled SE Asia while making Thailand her hub invest 10 million or get a 500 k TE card?

This is the irony of many comments, we only want "genuine" tourists yet the only options fit those living here rolleyes.gif So I'll reiterate my question for the hundred of scenarios brought up, what is the proper visa if not tourist?

I didn't realize Thailand owed your Aunt a place to stay. As to the reference of the other visas, those are valid options, not Thailand's problem if people don't want to comply with the requirements.

Awww that's cute. Did I offend your sensitivity?

With so little information given nobody knows the requirements, this is why we go on discussion forums, sorry if it offends your reactionary beliefs.

If the person complies with the requirements of his visa ie study the required number of hours per week... not unlawful or wrong is it ?

Whats the current requirement 4 hours a week ?

Therefore someone can study on an Ed visa and still be a tourist....

other options

THB 10 million investment visa

500 k TE card

so please dont say their are no options "fact"

yes there are, its just a question of whether someone wants to do it or not, just, because someone doesnt want to do something doesnt mean they are excluded from something.wink.png

You are seriously suggesting someone like my Aunt who traveled SE Asia while making Thailand her hub invest 10 million or get a 500 k TE card?

This is the irony of many comments, we only want "genuine" tourists yet the only options fit those living here rolleyes.gif So I'll reiterate my question for the hundred of scenarios brought up, what is the proper visa if not tourist?

I didn't realize Thailand owed your Aunt a place to stay. As to the reference of the other visas, those are valid options, not Thailand's problem if people don't want to comply with the requirements.

Awww that's cute. Did I offend your sensitivity?

With so little information given nobody knows the requirements, this is why we go on discussion forums, sorry if it offends your reactionary beliefs.

No offense, people should just decide if they are going to live in a foreign country, they should get the appropriate visa. Living on Tourist Visas for any considerable length of time, seems to be a problem or the Consulates in the surrounding areas wouldn't have been issuing red stamps. No need for one to start whining and bitching when it catches up with them.

None of the current changes has anything to do with the AEC.

There are is no open borders or common visa clause in the AEC agreement. There will be no changes to Thailand's immigration policy or rules for it.

The information that I posted was from a very senior immigration official who is a friend of a high ranking military close friend of mine. So from whom did you get the informaation that there will no changes to Thailands Immigration policy?

Just do a search for AEC and read what it is about. There will no changes other that for a handful of professions that will be able to work here easier.

You may of heard a rumor about changes but they will not have anything to do with the AEC.

No one has noticed that if you are refused entry to any Asian country the you won't be admitted to any country until you have returned to the country of your passport. A problem for a lot of people who have been caught up in the multiple visa crack down.

Which actually raises an interesting point, currently some nationalities will only be issues visa's from the Thai consulate/embassy in their own country currently, imagine if they extended this to all countries ?.... so lets say someone for example has UK passport and they could only get visa's from the UK, no quick run to Malaysia, Singapore or other places places locally, but a flight back the UK to get your visa ?

I .made my ninety day report here today in Nakhon Ratchasima. Normally I dread going there to do my report. The officials that normally are there treat you like dirt, and work with one speed, s..l..o..w.. Well my prayers were answered today, because when i arrived and went in, low and behold, most of the usual inconsiderate one's are gone, and are replaced with military personal. I was in and out in less than a minute, with a smile from the new staff and a

Parting comment"" see you back in 90 day's" .

• Like 1