Lucky to have got out in time or not?

a99az

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't see that the future for non-Asian foreigners in Thailand will be good at all.

Any of them.

Got a couple of white foreigner pals in CM, been here a long time, nationwide business, $$$$s turnover, totally legit.

They just had a problem renewing their VISA and WP a couple of weeks back. Never happened to them before.

What surprised me most is the way they started treating Koreans!

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican
  • Like 1

I have heard of no changes to the visa extension based on marriage so your post is just the usual Thai bash.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt instead of accusing him of sour grapes - like i could have but wont :)

I don't see that the future for non-Asian foreigners in Thailand will be good at all.

Any of them.

Got a couple of white foreigner pals in CM, been here a long time, nationwide business, $$$$s turnover, totally legit.

They just had a problem renewing their VISA and WP a couple of weeks back. Never happened to them before.

Better go back to the UK then Tommo. biggrin.png

• Like 2

I hope you declared all your overseas assets to the UK Government in exchange for your free education and other benefits.

Overseas assets or indeed any assets are not a consideration in access to state education.

Someone is teaching in Thailand then moves to the UK with two kids. Can't afford to send them to an International school here but can just up roots and live in the UK without benefits? I don't think so.

Any of them.

Better go back to the UK then Tommo. biggrin.png

Would be interested to learn more what problems his pals had remewing their WP s

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I hope you declared all your overseas assets to the UK Government in exchange for your free education and other benefits.

Overseas assets or indeed any assets are not a consideration in access to state education.

Someone is teaching in Thailand then moves to the UK with two kids. Can't afford to send them to an International school here but can just up roots and live in the UK without benefits? I don't think so.

A qualified teacher in the UK can easily get a wage of 25k/year.

His wife can also work in the UK the day they get off the plane, even as a cleaner she would earn 10-14k/year

Easily done for a family with two adults of working age.

• Like 2

Why should the OP do that? The UK government will only use it to help pay for overseas aid, and of course MPs "expenses".

• Like 1

A qualified teacher in the UK can easily get a wage of 25k/year.

His wife can also work in the UK the day they get off the plane, even as a cleaner she would earn 10-14k/year

Easily done for a family with two adults of working age.

25K minus 30% tax = 1458 GBP pm or $2500 pm try living off that in the UK. Not having a go at you but it's peanuts.

• Like 1

vunerable

maybe speeling would as wood might make you feel vunerable hahahahah

sorry i jest and digress

My future is brilliant as an expat ,dont need to work, dont need a beer bar, and staying her for 11 years legaly, what more could a man want

The OP has clearly stated he has children and that the education of his children is a major factor in his decision, the responsibilities he carries may not be the same as your own.

The OP CLEARLY stated this too

. I do wonder what the future is for expats in Thailand, I don't see it getting better or becoming easier.

i answered what my future is

Why should the OP do that? The UK government will only use it to help pay for overseas aid, and of course MPs "expenses".

I'm with you on that but Dalai wants his bread buttered on both sides.

I seem to be missing something here, who is Dalai? Anyway, I'm glad you agree with me.

I have heard of no changes to the visa extension based on marriage so your post is just the usual Thai bash.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt instead of accusing him of sour grapes - like i could have but wont smile.png

He took his Thai wife and 2 children to the UK = Thai bashing whistling.gif

To give his children a better education = Thai bashing whistling.gif

I think some should engage brain before letting their belly rumble

The OP wrote, " I do wonder what the future is for expats in Thailand, I don't see it getting better or becoming easier." Simple Thai bashing. His opinion. No problem that. I see Thailand getting better and becoming easier. Am I a Thai apologist? Of course unless I backed it up.

The OP talks about the rumors about the new visa regs although says it doesn't apply to him. Well then why mention it? Everybody is jumping on the rumored visa regs like they are the knell of doom. 3 people a day refused a entry becomes, scores of people refused entry.

• Like 1

I seem to be missing something here, who is Dalai? Anyway, I'm glad you agree with me.

Dalai is the OP check out his pic.

I am perfectly happy with the way Thailand is being run. It's just some people have problems following simple instructions.

Overstayers are next against the wall: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Thailand

• Like 2

I will give him the benefit of the doubt instead of accusing him of sour grapes - like i could have but wont smile.png

He took his Thai wife and 2 children to the UK = Thai bashing whistling.gif

To give his children a better education = Thai bashing whistling.gif

I think some should engage brain before letting their belly rumble

The OP wrote, " I do wonder what the future is for expats in Thailand, I don't see it getting better or becoming easier." Simple Thai bashing. His opinion. No problem that. I see Thailand getting better and becoming easier. Am I a Thai apologist? Of course unless I backed it up.

The OP talks about the rumors about the new visa regs although says it doesn't apply to him. Well then why mention it? Everybody is jumping on the rumored visa regs like they are the knell of doom. 3 people a day refused a entry becomes, scores of people refused entry.

" The OP wrote, " I do wonder what the future is for expats in Thailand, I don't see it getting better or becoming easier." Simple Thai bashing. His opinion. No problem that. "

Please explain where you find Thai bashing in the above quote. In fact you say " His opinion, No problem that "

There are plenty people talking about Visa's, not all are Thai bashing. Some are, normally the ones that have been caught out.

So tell me again, where you find Thai bashing in the OP.

Choosing the needs of children's education over parents desire to be in Thailand is almost always the right decision.

Even the very best international schools in Thailand barely hold up against the better state schools in the UK, not simply on the grounds of educational standards, but also on a range of social and personal development issues too.

That's OK for now, but the way the UK is going, and by the time the children are adults, the country will be well on the way to being under the control of people of a certain faith.

If Thailand can just sort a few things out with the help of the general, the country can get better. At least the Thais look after their own first, something the UK have never done.

It's just a pity that the education is so poor here. I think that is about the only thing the UK have ahead of Thailand. also, the corruption is even worse from the UK government than it was in Thailand.

No mention made of the right to own your own property in your own name.

No mention made of the welfare state or National Health Service.

No mention made of not losing pension increases caused by not living in the UK.

Many on here like to knock the UK (I have knocked it myself at times), but the bottom line, its always available as a last resort when back up plans A, B and C have gone tits up.

You make good points, no country is perfect, If something happened that would force me to leave Thailand, there is no way I would ever go back to stay in the UK, I went back for three months during the floods, and the place was crowded out by emigrants, they have taken the place over, and the streets are not safe. Maybe I would move to Cambodia, and could always go the Thailand from time to time to see my wife.

But I don't think that will ever happen, but that would probably be my plan B.

• Like 1