Going back to Bangkok! - Accommodation

alt

OK so this isin't your typical "OMG where in Bangkok should I stay?" thread.

The GF and I are returning to Thailand for a month in December, following on from a 3 month trip in 2011/2012 where we fell in love with the place.

Last time we stayed in Four Points, Suk 15. In summary, we had a ball! It was everything we wanted: Location, modern, clean, friendly staff, no security worries, infinity pool, etc...

My only gripe, and you could hardly call it that, is that there was no view as it's only a 8-9 story building.

So I guess my question is, why change? Should we go back to the same place we stayed before which we were perfectly happy with? Or should we try to open our eyes a little more. We are on a budget of max 3,500 baht per night while there.

I think the location is definitely very important - we were a very short walk from BTS, and even the nights when we went crackers and went to Khao San (it has to be done... we're in our 20's!) a TukTuk was only 120baht back to Suk 15.

Have I answered my own question? Should we just stick with what we know?

My next question will be looking for things 'outside the box' to do, but that's another thread for another time

There's not much of a view from the rooms I've stayed in (car park) but I always go for a suite in the Adelphi Suites on Sukhumvit Soi 8. Great rooms, separate living room and kitchen area.

The room service is from the very popular Monsoon restaurant which is downstairs - for me the room service from the excellent restaurant is the main selling point. If that restaurant closed down I would probably stay elsewhere.

Price - 3000-3500 Baht per night for the suite, normal rooms are much cheaper.

Edited by ukrules

I suggest you have a good look at agoda etc and search out potential hotels for your dates....then feel free to post em here and we can give you advice on half a dozen.....else you will just get a hundred different suggestions.

I suggest you have a good look at agoda etc and search out potential hotels for your dates....then feel free to post em here and we can give you advice on half a dozen.....else you will just get a hundred different suggestions.

Yeah that's a fair point. We scoped out other hotels while in Bangkok last time and some were beautiful. But again, we couldn't fault Four Points, we'd just be after something different.

I don't mind if I get 100 suggestions!!

Yeah that's a fair point. We scoped out other hotels while in Bangkok last time and some were beautiful. But again, we couldn't fault Four Points, we'd just be after something different.

I don't mind if I get 100 suggestions!!

I hear you but better if you narrow it down a bit....just saying....

Remember to read the Agoda small print before paying for your room.

Evergreen hotel/service apartment 100 m from the Ratchatewi skytrain station is great. Good view when staying above 15 floor. About 40k baht a month for a junior suite. Pool, gym, massage and all that stuff. Walking distance to Siam Center, MBK, Paragon

If you like a view and maybe a new experience, find something with a view of the Chao Phraya river but near to the Sephan Taksin BTS.

It really is fantastic to just watch the comings and goings of all the river traffic.

I can not recommend a specific place but I'm sure others can. When you reserve, make sure you specify a room with a river view. to insure that, probably better to book directly with the hotel.

Agoda can be very misleading. Friend booked a "Beachfront" room through Agoda only to find it was 300 meters from nearest beach.

Should be a good selection in your price range.

Edited by dddave

If you like a view and maybe a new experience, find something with a view of the Chao Phraya river but near to the Sephan Taksin BTS.

It really is fantastic to just watch the comings and goings of all the river traffic.

I can not recommend a specific place but I'm sure others can. When you reserve, make sure you specify a room with a river view. to insure that, probably better to book directly with the hotel.

Agoda can be very misleading. Friend booked a "Beachfront" room through Agoda only to find it was 300 meters from nearest beach.

Should be a good selection in your price range.

Thanks. Yes, the river is definitely an attraction! We'll get to researching. I guess area isin't too much of a concern (we loved Suk for the BTS) as tuktuk's aren't exactly expensive

Why lock yourself into one place by booking it for a month?

Find a new place you like and book it for 4 or 5 days. If you don't like that try another one that looked good for a few days.

If that fails go back too ol'faithful :-)

We're going back to Thailand for a month, will be spending 3 nights in Bangkok :) (And another 3 on return before departure)