What is the fastest way to get the Ed Visa? How long does it take?

it seems this new visa situation is an Thai Language Schools Dream come true!!!

- they are about to get flooded with new students (who are trying to stay in Thailand).

Anyway: [MY QUESTION]

Who knows the FASTEST route possible to get all of this done?

- Do some Language schools get paperwork done faster than other schools ?

- Are Universities or Collages faster than Standard Language Schools ?

- If I applied for a course Tomorrow, how long am I looking at before I get a Letter of Visa Acceptance (alone with paperwork) which I can take to a Thai Embassy Abroad ?

it would be great to hear from anyone who has 'recently' gone through this process.

PS: I am also aware that Several Universities also do courses (in English) that qualify for Education Visas. (so we are not just limited to Studying Thai).. you can do fashion, Business,, etc

I got one about 2 months ago I went through Language Express which is based next to the BTS in Ploen Chit, I paid 36k bhat for a 200 lesson plan the course material is good and the lessons are ok. There is a lot of paperwork to fill in but the school was very helpful, it took about 4 weeks for them to get the paperwork back once it had been filled in and sent off.

I then went to the embassy in Phnom Phen this part proved difficult as I had a few tourist visa's in my passport I was initially refused and told to come back with a bank statement they wouldn't accept my Thai bank statement so in the end I went through a visa agent which cost extra, I showed various statements from the UK and had to explain where I draw my income from and eventually got my visa though I received a single entry instead of the multi entry I'd requestes. I was stuck in Phnom Phen for 11 days whist all this got sorted out, so would advise being fully preped and having all statements ready on the first day.

I then went to the embassy in Phnom Phen this part proved difficult as I had a few tourist visa's in my passport I was initially refused and told to come back with a bank statement they wouldn't accept my Thai bank statement so in the end I went through a visa agent which cost extra, I showed various statements from the UK and had to explain where I draw my income from and eventually got my visa though I received a single entry instead of the multi entry I'd requestes. I was stuck in Phnom Phen for 11 days whist all this got sorted out, so would advise being fully preped and having all statements ready on the first day.

PP is a known poor choice for any visa type. Laos, Stick with Myanmar, Penang, and few other places as mentioned in the sticky thread in this forum.

Edited by paz

PP is a known poor choice for any visa type. Laos, Stick with Myanmar, Penang, and few other places as mentioned in the sticky thread in this forum.

what did you mean: "Laos, Stick with Myanmar, Penang etc"....

is Laos supposed to be grouped together with Myanmar and Penang ?

or were you referring to Laos in a different way ?

The 3 times i apply at a Language Schools, It have taking around 25-30 days from the day the school send the paper work to school have the answer.

A friend of mine in CM a month back wait 45 days before school have paper back.

So i say 25-45 days from the day school send you paperwork.

Edited by JJ Madcow

The 3 times i apply at a Language Schools, It have taking around 25-30 days from the day the school send the paper work to school have the answer.

Thank you for your reply.

is the school you used in Bangkok? or not ? (school name would be useful - if you wanna give it) :)

also: what happens if you go on holiday? does the school report you for being absent for a few weeks?

i take my son with my on MANY trips. (sometime back to the UK for a month or more). do I simply 'miss out' on lessons...? or am I able to keep them in accrual ?

but I worry about the school telling immigration if we miss too much.

Well the first 2 times the school was in Nonthaburi.

And there the Nonthaburi Immigration control the school on random days to see if the student come and study, See if one is there on the days one use on 90 days Ed-Extension (attendance schedule).

Check you Thai skill, see if you progress or not, Talk to you, might make you read from some paper, the school book and so.

Very basic speak, like name, age, where you come from, how long you being in Thailand, how long you study.

The check if you have 90% attendance, the first 6-8 month was only 50%, but the rule change.

The school have some student get the ED-Extension cancel, because they never come / didn't have the 90%, didn't progress enough, didn't come on the days it say in there attendance schedule.

The last school was in Bangkok, and there you study for 8 weeks, 4 weeks off, if one start steep 2 right after steep one, it be 16 week study, 8 weeks off and so on.

Bangkok Immigration Never control me or other student in the year i was there. Never come to the school to check if we was at class.

Never check my skill when i apply for 90 days more.

I don´t want to put school name here. Hope that okay mate.

About leaving for travel, ask the school before sign up, if you can study more hours pr week, so you later can take some time of.

But remember some school plan the step 1-2-3-4 and so on, base on 2-4-6 people sign up for it, and you might lose out, so if you skip step 2 because you want to travel, you might never get back on track / be behind.

Be 100% sure to go the school you want to join at take the free 1-2-3 hours,talk to the teacher, the student at the school.

Even if you like the first one, try a few more, so you can see/fell the different style of teaching and see what you like.

Edited by JJ Madcow
  • Like 1

is the school you used in Bangkok? or not ? (school name would be useful - if you wanna give it) smile.png

also: what happens if you go on holiday? does the school report you for being absent for a few weeks?

i take my son with my on MANY trips. (sometime back to the UK for a month or more). do I simply 'miss out' on lessons...? or am I able to keep them in accrual ?

If you can't study don't take an ED visa but a visa to take care of your son (if he is half Thai).

I don't think it is Thai language schools dream come true, ED visas are already being scrutinised more as I would guess immigration will be looking at a number of posts here which suggest a lot of these schools are a front for a visa mill.

is the school you used in Bangkok? or not ? (school name would be useful - if you wanna give it) smile.png

If you can't study don't take an ED visa but a visa to take care of your son (if he is half Thai).

my son is not thai. his mum from europe too.

when he was at school, I could have got the guardian visa.. (but I didnt bother coz of the paperwork and process)... at that time it was never a problem with back2back visa-runs.. and I enjoyed the holidays every 3 or 6 months... I often made a family holiday of it.

but now his junior school is finished.. and back to home school,, the guardian visa will not be an option.

I wouldnt mind studying thai. my level is medium. so why not push it higher. Im happy with that. and it gets me the necessary visa to stay here (for now).

i just dont want an Anal school that reports me if I go on holiday with my son somewhere for several weeks.

I don't think it is Thai language schools dream come true, ED visas are already being scrutinised more as I would guess immigration will be looking at a number of posts here which suggest a lot of these schools are a front for a visa mill.

Don't you need to be over 50 to have a guardianship visa/extention?