UPDATE on Spousal Visa and the new rules

Sorry Ubonjoe, this would be for a first time marriage visa and I'm referring to the tabian baan of my lady-friend (who would at that point be my wife). I am not registered in any tabian baan and don't think I need to be to get the visa, correct? I am probably misunderstanding something about your reply. My girl has a copy of the tabian baan but the original is with her parents. From reading the posts, I recall that it is not necessary for her to be living in the house from where the tabian baan originates.

Re-reading your post, if one needs the original for an extension of 1-year, it makes sense that the original would be needed for a first time visa. But, if someone is in London, for example, they would have carried this original tabian baan all the way to London? That seems unlikely, too. My apologies if these specifics have been addressed (as they surely have) in other posts but sifting through it all is next to impossible.

Cheers 1001!

If you apply for a visa in London, or any of the UK consulates, the Tabian Baan is not required. Marriage certificate and copy of ID.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not very clear information (thanks Thailand) but thanks, OP, for sharing.

Not very clear what the OP is trying to convey here either????? Spousal 60 day visa??? Is that a tourist visa to visit your wife??? What happened to the marriage visa in this topics submission that is good for a year???? Never saw word one related to this threads topic SPOUSE VISA. Whats that? Spouse = marriage = one year visa??

Not very clear what the OP is trying to convey here either????? Spousal 60 day visa??? Is that a tourist visa to visit your wife??? What happened to the marriage visa in this topics submission that is good for a year???? Never saw word one related to this threads topic SPOUSE VISA. Whats that? Spouse = marriage = one year visa??

60 days extension to visit family.

Some people calls everything a visa. You will find better information in other threads.

Edited by paz
  • Like 1

From the Thai consulate in Canberra.

TYPES OF VISA
General Information
Tourist Visa
Transit Visa
Business Visa
Spouse Visa
Long Stay Visa for retirement
Working Holiday Visa
Visa On Arrival
Visa Fees
FORMS DOWNLOAD
Visa Application Form A
Visa Application Form B
Long Stay Visa for retiremet Appliction Form

Sandy, what do you mean your tabian baan? You have one? How is that? I don't have one and as Ubon Joe said we can't get one. I'm from the US to answer some other poster's questions and I would love to get the O visa somewhere in the region to save me spending 2 grand to go back to the US. So I'm hoping to take a copy of my future wife's tabian baan, a copy of her ID (both of these things signed and dated), the marriage certificate, and my passport...fill out an application, toss some money in the mix, set the oven to 350, and in 24 hours have a marriage visa. Am I deluded (in reference to this issue only, not all the other life issues about which I've surely got my head in the clouds)?

...quick interjection of a question here: for the marriage visa. Does one need the original tabian baan or a copy is sufficient?

1000 Cheers! ...Mr. Bamboozled

When I went for the one year extension they never asked to look at my wifes Tabian Baan, her ID or the marriage certificate, just accepted the copies.

They only asked to look at my Tabian Baan.

I don't believe I'm on/in any book of any color, race, or creed. Should I be? Do I need to be for this visa? I have a rental contract, that's all. I do have an incorporated business here but that would probably not bode well for a marriage visa. By the way, if I do have a marriage visa instead of a business visa, is it then illegal to have my incorporated business?

I don't believe I'm on/in any book of any color, race, or creed. Should I be? Do I need to be for this visa? I have a rental contract, that's all. I do have an incorporated business here but that would probably not bode well for a marriage visa. By the way, if I do have a marriage visa instead of a business visa, is it then illegal to have my incorporated business?

You don't need a house book for yourself. Just your wife's is enough.

Your visa based upon marriage is enough unless you are working at your business, You need a work permit to work,

Hmm, Aussies in a similar situation (married to a Thai) can get 90 days, then re enter.

That info comes from the Thai consul in Aust.

Not sure how long that can go on for, or even how long the re entry is issued for, I never asked.

Here is a copy of the Non-Immigrant O visa (spouse visa) that can be obtained from Melbourne Australia now.

You can get 90 days in Thailand, multi entry within 12 months, so can get up to 15 months in/out of Thailand.

post-84560-0-38372700-1405838942_thumb.j

From the Thai consulate in Canberra.

TYPES OF VISA
General Information
Tourist Visa
Transit Visa
Business Visa
Spouse Visa
Long Stay Visa for retirement
Working Holiday Visa
Visa On Arrival
Visa Fees
FORMS DOWNLOAD
Visa Application Form A
Visa Application Form B
Long Stay Visa for retiremet Appliction Form

Well Excuzzzze me. If that is on the Thai consulate's web site in Canberra it must be a WORLDWIDE knowledge shift for all....LOL by the way what did the heading of that form say..."Visa visitor for sweetheart"?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Here is a post from yesterday about someone getting a Non-O in London. It seems very simple and he did not show any income proof. Is this a fluke?

"I have just received my passport back from the Thai Embassy in London, complete with multiple entry Non-immigrant O visa based on marriage to a Thai. Just to confrim I did not need to show proof of any income to get this, just a copy of my Thai wedding certificate and copies of wifes Thai ID card and passport all of which were signed by her. The application took just 48 hours to process, cost £135 which included special delivery return, but can only be paid for by cash or postal order.

It appears that the information on the Embassy Website is misleading, i checked before submitting the application, both with the Embassy and a couple of the consulates and was told you only needed to show proof of income if applying for a non-immigrant o visa if you intend to get married in Thailand and apply for a marriage visa.

Hope this clears up a lot of the confusion regarding non immigrant visas based on marriage to a Thai."

I was in the London Embassy on Thursday 17th. I was not asked to provide proof of funds, nor did I offer any for my application for a Non O multiple entry visa, just a copy of the wife's passport and our marriage certificate. I have many years of multiple entry visas with differing requests for documentation in support my applications. Sydney differs from Canberra is an example. I find it is always best to phone first to get the current requirements. Interestingly, there is usually a rather long wait and often it is standing room only in London, on this occasion I was in and out in under 5 minutes with only 2 applicants in front of me. Happy days.

I applied by post there a few weeks back and had no problems, not needing to show any proof of funds. What I'd like to know is has there been any change as far as back-to-back (or close to it) multiple entry non-Os. I plan to be back in the UK for a few weeks towards the end of this visa, at which point I'll apply by post to London for another one. Shouldn't be a problem, right?

I find it strange that some consulates list a spouse visa. Presumably, it is their shorthand name for the non-immigrant visa category O for the purpose of visiting the spouse.

One-year visa is the shortcut name uses by many ThaiVisa members for a multiple-entry non-immigrant visa.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app