Don Mueng today was scary

As I reported in my Phnom Penh post, this is contrary to my personal experience returning through DM last nite. It might be useful if you gave more information on your status, like age and country of passport. Also, some info on those pulled aside would be helpful...like were they generally young...did they look like Filipino English teachers, Japanese business men, what? I sailed through on my return from PP so obviously there is some reason for the discrepancy.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya
  • Like 1

In essence, if the new visa regulation will help in regulating the undesirables, namely, the drug

dealers, humane smugglers, scheme artists, ATM raiders, film-flam people and other alike

that the new regulation is a good, timely act...

Excellent news…thanks for sharing…especially about the illegals who were being pulled aside. Long may it continue.

Another quality forum member taking joy from people's misfortune.

And FYI if there standing in line there not illegal. Illegals refers to overstayers buddy.

I hope you never run unto any trouble. Karma is a bit-h.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Illegals also refers to those who misuse tourist visas when they are not a tourist.

misuse?? show us the legal definition of misuse visa?

Utilising it to gain access to a country for a purpose not authorised or prohibited on the visa.

Ie a person on a tourist visa going back to his Thai wife and children and a job?

Excellent news…thanks for sharing…especially about the illegals who were being pulled aside. Long may it continue.

Another quality forum member taking joy from people's misfortune.

And FYI if there standing in line there not illegal. Illegals refers to overstayers buddy.

I hope you never run unto any trouble. Karma is a bit-h.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Illegals also refers to those who misuse tourist visas when they are not a tourist.

True, in some cases. In other cases, some people appear to not fall into any particular category, but may be out rock hunting in the hills of Thailand for more than a few months. Perhaps dad and mom are supporting them, or they just saved up for a year off from school. Other that that, Oil workers and contractors that want to extend a vacation here after a protracted period of hard labor.

Cannot say that any particular individual that gets pulled out of line for questioning is illegal ...or misusing tourist visas. Perhaps a few of them are not up to snuff and are unaware of the crackdown. None will go to jail or get charged...i wager.

• Like 2

Just speculating (I wear glasses)....

It appears that a new system is in place, perhaps not publicized. It would not be difficult for an Immigration network database to be merged with other data bases. These other data bases would contain information gleaned from hotel records, banks, Condo Purchases (Homes are irrelevant as you cannot purchase), Police Records, and possibly....information provided by your own Embassy. Perhaps they even have informants snitching on you.

It is not that I am aware of any such capability, but if I was running Immigration here, I would definitely like to have that in place.

Such a system would throw a red flag up, and after confirming on your passport that you are a frequent "visitor"....It would explain why some people get pulled aside.

Edited by slipperylobster
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How do you know they were illegals ??

Just because immigration are tightening the regulations, does not mean that those who previously used 30 day exempt entries and tourist visas were illegals.

That was the system in place and that is why some people used that method.

Now they will have to use another method to stay long term. Don't be so judgmental.

Quite agree, if you are of so much informed opinion, get a job in enforcement and don't waste our time here!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Misery loves company!

• Like 1